{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bottlejobs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bottlejobs

Postby victor A block » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:13 am

Going to be interesting how Flitcroft reacts . Comparisons to last years Spring slump are bound to be made . Only he can put that to bed.
The loss of White and Rose has damaged us . I also think Bobby is a better keeper than Smith, who hasn't dropped any real changers but also done nothing to show championship pedigree .
The January signings have been very mixed . Ajose won't be back playing at a higher level anytime soon, Jones hasn't impressed and Turner has the turning circle of the 1A to Woodhouse . Tomlinson looks good, and Grant has great ability but needs to start putting more into his game . Him and Hamilton gave done nothing at all in the last 3 away defeats and you just can't win with 9 men . Bishop hasn't been the same with the card threatened intend to agree with playing Macca on Tuesday to then have him back for the remaining games .
Plenty to play for and its in our own hands still but I just don't see us overhauling the top 3 .
Given the investment I don't think the Radfords would consider the playoffs anything like success, unless we win them .
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 am

victor A block wrote:Going to be interesting how Flitcroft reacts . Comparisons to last years Spring slump are bound to be made . Only he can put that to bed.
The loss of White and Rose has damaged us . I also think Bobby is a better keeper than Smith, who hasn't dropped any real changers but also done nothing to show championship pedigree .
The January signings have been very mixed . Ajose won't be back playing at a higher level anytime soon, Jones hasn't impressed and Turner has the turning circle of the 1A to Woodhouse . Tomlinson looks good, and Grant has great ability but needs to start putting more into his game . Him and Hamilton gave done nothing at all in the last 3 away defeats and you just can't win with 9 men . Bishop hasn't been the same with the card threatened intend to agree with playing Macca on Tuesday to then have him back for the remaining games .
Plenty to play for and its in our own hands still but I just don't see us overhauling the top 3 .
Given the investment I don't think the Radfords would consider the playoffs anything like success, unless we win them .

Agree with most of what you say mate . Don’t think we’ve missed Rose though ?
Last edited by Norman on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:34 am

victor A block wrote:Going to be interesting how Flitcroft reacts . Comparisons to last years Spring slump are bound to be made . Only he can put that to bed.
Although I agree with most of that, if we finish in the playoffs we will have improved on last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:38 am

Rose has not been the same player since the Scottish one left, he seemed to get something out of Rose Flitcroft is unable to replicate.

But having said that other players have come on under Flitcroft and are better for it CJ as an example.

Maybe its the style of play as Evans would tend to lump it forward more frequently which suits Danny's aerial ability.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby young vanish » Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:51 am

Spiritater wrote:
milne6 wrote:Watched stags against Newport, notts and vale and was awful against all three, no complaints with the results.

I know we cant win every game but we are not challenging or even playing well against poor teams

This is the crux for us, teams destined to go up automatic suffer the odd one or two against the bottom boys. It happens to often to us imo to be serious top 3 boys.

Most teams have ups & downs. MK Dons for example who have just replaced us into 3rd place, they lost 5 from 6 as recently as mid January to mid Feb. Three of these were against bottom half teams, and two of those were at home.

The ebb & flow of football fortunes. Stags have the talent to make automatic promotion and there's still 30 points to play for.
⚽ What ☆ me ☆ worry? ⚽
young vanish
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rigsby » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:35 am

Football has a habit of knocking you back down to earth. Some people had been getting carried away talking about promotion as if it were inevitable, nothing is sorted until May, it's what you do over 46 matches that counts.
If teams have sussed us we need a plan B, we can't keep on playing the same way if it doesn't work on a given day. There's still all to play for, and even if we end up in the play offs we've already beaten the other 3 teams currently in those places. I'd rather be in our position than a few others I could mention.
Rigsby
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby GranbyStag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:07 am

Well, said the season lasts 46 matches.... think only positively about the season so far. Let's get back on the horse with 3pts at Crawley and move forward for the Lincoln game. You STAGS
GranbyStag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum