{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bottlejobs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bottlejobs

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Need to go back to 532 with CJ and Tyler up front and bring Macca in allongside Tomlinson and Mellis at Crawley. Rest Bish to avoid the yellow card issue and then get him back in for Lincoln. Grant needs dropping tbh.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:Notts County away - Zero shots on target against the bottom side in the country

Port Vale away - Concede 2 (should have been at least 4) against the lowest scorers in League 2.

Worrying!

All in all we've dropped 13 points against the bottom 4 sides by playing poorly, as you say it's worrying.
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:20 pm

In both games we were without Danny Rose, whose physical presence would have helped. But we haven't got Danny Rose. I'm not saying Danny Rose would have started every game but, especially against notts County, he is a very viable plan B especially against teams fighting for survival.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:24 pm

gazza1988 wrote:In both games we were without Danny Rose, whose physical presence would have helped. But we haven't got Danny Rose. I'm not saying Danny Rose would have started every game but, especially against notts County, he is a very viable plan B especially against teams fighting for survival.

Totally agree. But we have missed a physical presence all season, even when Rose was fit. So in January we sign Ajose.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:57 pm

Still. They need to stand up and be counted.

They didn’t lose at Newport, county and port vale as they were better, we lost as the play was poor, the effort short and the quality low.

Each game the manager and the players have stated they’ll improve and put in a performance, yet they strive to get worse each time.

It’s not the fans here commenting that need to wake up it’s the manager and the players
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Stoney wrote:How about get behind the lads who have got us into fourth in the league?

Only bottle jobs is the raspberries who were slagging us off and giving fingers to our own side

You’re delusional if you really believe that.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:08 pm

adamstag wrote:Still. They need to stand up and be counted.

They didn’t lose at Newport, county and port vale as they were better, we lost as the play was poor, the effort short and the quality low.

Each game the manager and the players have stated they’ll improve and put in a performance, yet they strive to get worse each time.

It’s not the fans here commenting that need to wake up it’s the manager and the players

This.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Stoney wrote:How about get behind the lads who have got us into fourth in the league?

Only bottle jobs is the raspberries who were slagging us off and giving fingers to our own side

You're the one who is delusional if you believe the boys who have got us to 4th in the league don't deserve our support.

To see Jorge Grant get some disgusting hand gestures aimed at him at full time is a disgrace and if you believe that he deserves that then you need to have a good look at yourself too. You wouldn't call Jorge a W Anchor to his face so why stick up for it on a internet forum?

Grow up and get behind our team.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:54 pm

Stoney wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

You're the one who is delusional if you believe the boys who have got us to 4th in the league don't deserve our support.

To see Jorge Grant get some disgusting hand gestures aimed at him at full time is a disgrace and if you believe that he deserves that then you need to have a good look at yourself too. You wouldn't call Jorge a W Anchor to his face so why stick up for it on a internet forum?

I agree about the appalling behaviour of some of the fans, but you’re wrong if you think that everyone in the team have been giving their best recently. Time to send back the show pony methinks. BTW, I certainly do not intend to take lessons from you (or from anyone else for that matter) about getting behind the club that I’ve supported for over 50 years.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:03 pm

Well you stick to your stubborn ways then. If you think these lads aren't giving 100% for Flitcroft and the club then you're a fool.

They are trying so hard and the odd slip up happens, we support a league two club for a reason so get behind them because they're doing fantastic.

I'm not going into it anymore because negative people like you get on my tits.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm

Stoney wrote:Well you stick to your stubborn ways then. If you think these lads aren't giving 100% for Flitcroft and the club then you're a fool.

They are trying so hard and the odd slip up happens, we support a league two club for a reason so get behind them because they're doing fantastic.

I'm not going into it anymore because negative people like you get on my tits.

Negative? Read my flipping’ posts!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Well said , a supporter should be just as it says or don’t bother going
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Not sure today warranted boos or swearing at our players like the county game.

You have to wonder though, what happens if this season goes tits-up?

On the fact that Notts and today went so badly, we could end up in the playoff gamble.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 pm

Stoney wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Well said, I was stood close by and saw the gestures to grant.. who needs fans like that. Players know when they underperform they are only human .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:50 pm

CassellsCap wrote:
Stoney wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Well said, I was stood close by and saw the gestures to grant.. who needs fans like that. Players know when they underperform they are only human .

I just watched the end of match footage from our pitchside camera, which won't be released for obvious reasons. Of course, we're all gutted that the team performed badly today, but to see the abuse of the players from some of the supporters, and which has been described above by others, turns my stomach.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:12 pm

Again we have a larger attendence than usual (ie: not actual full time fans turn up) and the players get abuse at full time. WOW WHAT A COINCIDENCE.
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:21 pm

We were absolutely she ite today!!! If we can’t get up for a local(ish) game today..... then there’s something totally wrong with the football... absolutely VVAnk!!!!
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:41 pm

Whereas the OTT reaction wasn’t great, it always amuses me that the players put in yet another insipid away performance come over and expect everyone to be cheering them to the rafters, get real.

Some of the performances today were frankly shambolic, yet they want to be praised after offering well, sod all today.

Yes, some reactions were daft, but the players need to grow a pair - that performance as well as notts deserved to be booed
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm

We have a large following of absolute tools. These players regardless of how they perform are in fact human. Hard to believe for some, but yes they are indeed human. F off you morons.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:30 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:We have a large following of absolute tools. These players regardless of how they perform are in fact human. Hard to believe for some, but yes they are indeed human. F off you morons.

So every fan who booed a shocking performance are morons? Lol

What nonsense

The players should rightfully get the accolades they deserve when we win, and should also be applauded if they’ve lost and given their all.

Today was a shambles, fans had a fair right to boo the players, if it was OTT fair enough that’s not on, but if players get offended by boos from fans in league 2 they need to grow a pair. Today wasn’t acceptable, not war notts and Newport, they need to know that

I reckon that lot out there are probably the most talented Mansfield side I’ve seen, the players need to start stepping upto the plate
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:37 pm

adamstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:We have a large following of absolute tools. These players regardless of how they perform are in fact human. Hard to believe for some, but yes they are indeed human. F off you morons.

What nonsense

The players should rightfully get the accolades they deserve when we win, and should also be applauded if they’ve lost and given their all.

Today was a shambles, fans had a fair right to boo the players, if it was OTT fair enough that’s not on, but if players get offended by boos from fans in league 2 they need to grow a pair. Today wasn’t acceptable, not war notts and Newport, they need to know that

I reckon that lot out there are probably the most talented Mansfield side I’ve seen, the players need to start stepping upto the plate

He's plainly not talking about boos, but abuse. There is a huge difference.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:41 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
adamstag wrote:

What nonsense

He's plainly not talking about boos, but abuse. There is a huge difference.

Which is what I said, that’s not acceptable.

I do hope the players take on board the reaction from the more moderate fans though

I think we’ll go up this season, I really do. But the players need to get with it
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:44 am

Fans Supporters should STOP and think ....
When we are Promoted, I would like to think the likes of Grant will be on our shopping list,
Will he consider playing for MTFC after receiving abuse from our fans?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Tawnystag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:28 am

Lots of embarrassing fans at these type of games. Local trips bring out the idiots, they come for a handful of games a season in an attempt to reconnect with their misspent youth and lord it around like its the 80s. I go to every game with my young sons and fortunately they are able to recognise the bizarre behaviour for what it is. But it’s nothing short of tragic for all involved and really doesn’t help us as a club. Yesterday we saw:

Grown men (50yo+) fighting with themselves in the stand

A group of lads openly doing cocaine in the toilets (try explaining that to an 8yo)

Lads trying to rip things off the wall

A large number refusing to sit down behind the goal which cascaded and meant the nobody could see in a whole block. Two elderly blokes near me didn’t see any of the first half and had to split up in the second half to see the game.

A man being aggressive and abusive to a female steward because he had to take the lid off his bottle of water coming into the stand.

Hang gestures and anger to vale fans walking from the ground with their families whilst on the busses back to the trains.

Serious abuse aimed to our OWN players.

It’s embarrassing. They say football has come a long way and is reforming, not in Mansfield I’m afraid.
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 am

Looks like Miller bit us on the bum. He or Billy Kee, would have given us more optons.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum