{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Vale Scorefred sponsored by 3 Points but no Pies

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Vale Scorefred sponsored by 3 Points but no Pies

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:The players looked really relaxed this morning going out for training. I’m going for a 1-3 win to the Stags. This squad look really together.

Worrying.

Relaxed, is how we played the game today. Top teams have to be fully focussed all the time to go up automatic. It gives me no confidence that we'll get anything on Tuesday either. Overnight stay, miles from home, cold Tuesday night in a crap stadium... oh and Ollie's playing aswell :(
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:07 pm

It doesn't matter how good your footballers are, you have to win the fight, before you can play at your best level. That fight has disappeared in the last 3 away games!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:15 pm

bigalstag wrote:It doesn't matter how good your footballers are, you have to win the fight, before you can play at your best level. That fight has disappeared in the last 3 away games!

This is true, the view the County fans had of Granty towards the end of last season are becoming a sad reality for us also. Winners have to have just a little more than a couple of clever flicks here and there, some balls would help.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Why do we keep persisting with 5 at the back when it is clearly not working? Baffling. It's not worked since the new signings came in.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:23 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Why do we keep persisting with 5 at the back when it is clearly not working? Baffling. It's not worked since the new signings came in.

Not worked since we lost white at Colchester. His cross field balls would often find CJ and open up the opposition we just don't do that without him and pass along the back four instead giving the opposition time to keep up with play.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:31 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:We've got a returning Walker, who will be well rested. Grant finally has someone to pass to.

Unfortunately our defence had a off day. MK Dons were out the autos and snuck back in. We can do the same.

MK are away to morecambe, who smacked 3 past forest Green, on Tuesday night. The season ain't over yet.

Last thing the club needs are the fans bottling the season now.

Fans bottling it? The team were shocking at Newport and yet 4000+ turn up at county to see another awful performance, and another 1300+ see the same at Port Vale. Don’t worry about the fans bottling it, it’s the team.

Grant wants dropping for the next away game as well, hasn’t done anything in recent games to warrant a space in the 11.

Yes fans bottling it. Look at the comments after your reply to me! We have been out of sorts away from home, that doesn't mean we can't go up automatically.

Can you point me to the league rules that say "any team that finishes in the top 3 at the end of the season cannot be promoted if they had a bit of bad away form at the end of Feb/beginning of March"?

As fans we write it off and go again.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:36 pm

Today we played like a poor team ,its gonna happen ,but its galling end off
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:38 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:We've got a returning Walker, who will be well rested. Grant finally has someone to pass to.

Unfortunately our defence had a off day. MK Dons were out the autos and snuck back in. We can do the same.

MK are away to morecambe, who smacked 3 past forest Green, on Tuesday night. The season ain't over yet.

Fans bottling it? The team were shocking at Newport and yet 4000+ turn up at county to see another awful performance, and another 1300+ see the same at Port Vale. Don’t worry about the fans bottling it, it’s the team.

Grant wants dropping for the next away game as well, hasn’t done anything in recent games to warrant a space in the 11.

Yes fans bottling it. Look at the comments after your reply to me! We have been out of sorts away from home, that doesn't mean we can't go up automatically.

Can you point me to the league rules that say "any team that finishes in the top 3 at the end of the season cannot be promoted if they had a bit of bad away form at the end of Feb/beginning of March"?

If the trend continues though gazza (and it could as there are no 'easy' away games from here on in) we could end up winning the five home games and finish on 79 points which won.t be enough and the playoffs will beckon. I doubt they'll go well.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Grant was not at his best today but he gets ny vote ahead of tomlinson and mellis who were both poor.Bishop will improve when he gets the next match out of the way.Preston has been sorely missed it showed today.Turner has not impressed me much.It still may go to the last game of the season at MK.We live in hope.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:00 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Gaz I did that after I left Rodney Parade,
And after I left Meadow Lane,
And your saying to do so again after Vale Park.

Flitcroft said himself it wouldn't happen again after County but it has, Flitcroft has said he'll be making changes for Tuesday.

At what point do you put it down to a bad day at the office before accepting our away form has gone to sh*t, draw a line under it and say it needs sorting fast? Crawley is now a huge game to correct our away form.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Thought our fans were poor noise wise today, as at County. Big turnout, but little in the way of singing. The number of times I tried to start songs and no one joined in. Might just be my voice!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:17 pm

ParisStag wrote:Thought our fans were poor noise wise today, as at County. Big turnout, but little in the way of singing. The number of times I tried to start songs and no one joined in. Might just be my voice!

If the players don't try, the fans don't.

I know it's counter productive but t'was ever thus. Had the pen gone in, we'd have had the roof of and would probably gone on to win.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 pm

Sneag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Thought our fans were poor noise wise today, as at County. Big turnout, but little in the way of singing. The number of times I tried to start songs and no one joined in. Might just be my voice!

I know it's counter productive but t'was ever thus. Had the pen gone in, we'd have had the roof of and would probably gone on to win.

Probably right, but I feel like there's a certain apprehension from our fans at the moment, especially away, where we'll only make noise if things are going our way. At other times in the season we've been noisy when drawing or losing. Funny init!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:33 pm

Sneag wrote:

Fans will see the first few minutes of the game and generally they'll get the feel of the game there and then. Today as at Clownty we were incredibly poor for the majority of the first half. It gives them little incentive to sing their hearts out watching utter dross. Even the peno I thought 'he'll miss it', you just had the feeling he would with the way he's struggled to make an impact since being here. Once he'd fluffed it me being me I said to myself 'we'll lose this now'.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:02 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Gaz I did that after I left Rodney Parade,
And after I left Meadow Lane,
And your saying to do so again after Vale Park.

Flitcroft said himself it wouldn't happen again after County but it has, Flitcroft has said he'll be making changes for Tuesday.

At what point do you put it down to a bad day at the office before accepting our away form has gone to sh*t, draw a line under it and say it needs sorting fast? Crawley is now a huge game to correct our away form.

Flitcroft did say it won't happen again, yes it has. He said he will make changes. Let's see what he does. As fans that's all we can do is write it off. I'm not suggesting DF does the same.

We are in a rough patch away from home. But that won't last forever. Just like our long unbeaten run and Port Vale's winless run.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:15 pm

If the pen had gone in I think we would’ve cruised to a win but once it was saved you could see how it lifted port vale. Their manager must be over the moon with how his players fought and wanted that win , as for our players even though they did pull one back and tried they just seemed to be beaten to every ball and didn’t have enough fire in their bellies. Not clapping them off is one thing but the stags fans who booed them off should be ashamed . Some of the players looked gutted .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:23 pm

CassellsCap wrote:If the pen had gone in I think we would’ve cruised to a win but once it was saved you could see how it lifted port vale. Their manager must be over the moon with how his players fought and wanted that win , as for our players even though they did pull one back and tried they just seemed to be beaten to every ball and didn’t have enough fire in their bellies. Not clapping them off is one thing but the stags fans who booed them off should be ashamed . Some of the players looked gutted .

Bet they weren't as gutted as some folk who'd shelled out about £50 to watch it though. Not saying booing is right but 3 utter stinkers on the trot away from home by the players is hardly gonna get them clapped off. Especially when folk begin to see the spectre of the end of last season beginning to raise it's ugly head.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:29 pm

Edders, how were your ham cobs and bottle of pop?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:32 pm

Spiritater wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:If the pen had gone in I think we would’ve cruised to a win but once it was saved you could see how it lifted port vale. Their manager must be over the moon with how his players fought and wanted that win , as for our players even though they did pull one back and tried they just seemed to be beaten to every ball and didn’t have enough fire in their bellies. Not clapping them off is one thing but the stags fans who booed them off should be ashamed . Some of the players looked gutted .

Bet they weren't as gutted as some folk who'd shelled out about £50 to watch it though. Not saying booing is right but 3 utter stinkers on the trot away from home by the players is hardly gonna get them clapped off. Especially when folk begin to see the spectre of the end of last season beginning to raise it's ugly head.

Don’t agree with booing, though this is not a one off ‘off game’ and some people want to vent their frustrations and I can understand why.

Hopefully the players will take a long and hard look into themselves making sure that this is a one off.

Didn’t boo, shout or moan myself. I just left feeling very dejected as did most.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Edders, how were your ham cobs and bottle of pop?

Cobs were good. No pop. (Bottled water) All consumed in the Synestics car park before the game.

We could have had a four course dinner afterwards in the time in took to escape.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:45 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Don’t agree with booing, though this is not a one off ‘off game’ and some people want to vent their frustrations and I can understand why.

Hopefully the players will take a long and hard look into themselves making sure that this is a one off.

Didn’t boo, shout or moan myself. I just left feeling very dejected as did most.

You'd have thought that the debacle at Meadow Lane would've done so but apparently not. Ok they won two at home, but if you're not bringing back something at clubs in the bottom 3 then obviously they've gotten some sort of away phobia that's crept in since Feb. It needs to be sorted sharpish
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Shall we re-employ Paul Cox for the run,-in?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Shall we re-employ Paul Cox for the run,-in?

Depends if he's bringing his second half of the season win ratio back with him :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:26 am

There is no chance of winning away games when you are effectively playing with a man short with Grant on the pitch.

In Grant’s five away games we have got four points, relegation form of 0.8 pts per game, Martin.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:59 am

part time pete wrote:There is no chance of winning away games when you are effectively playing with a man short with Grant on the pitch.

In Grant’s five away games we have got four points, relegation form of 0.8 pts per game, Martin.

We said that Pete on the journey home, in fact after his performance at home last week I'd happily let him go back to Forest.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum