{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bottlejobs

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bottlejobs

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:10 pm

This sides good but we have afew who don't want to battle.

Fans let down again.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Re: Bottlejobs

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Agreed another big following yet the players don't turn up against a team in the bottom three.

Play-off bound on current away form unfortunately.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm

How about get behind the lads who have got us into fourth in the league?

Only bottle jobs is the raspberries who were slagging us off and giving fingers to our own side
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:15 pm

From the first kick we were second best. The first 10mins we were bullied and didn't get the ball down. Looked like there was an argument on who was taking the penalty. PV are a poor team and played all around us. They picked up all the loose ball and our final ball wasted and devoid of a finish. Away from home we aren't at the races at the mo, we are missing the injured and suspended players one thinks.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:19 pm

Really dont think we are bottlers ,but that was pathetic cant believe the defence ,no midfield to speak of ,and up front well we move on ,really poor display
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:22 pm

We are serial bottlers and have been for the last 45 years.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Is it a bottle job if our best striker in the air gets his face smashed in? If our leading scorer decided to give a lino the bird? Or our best RWB Gets his leg broken?

We have 1 fit and available striker and he's out of sorts. Our defence has taken a few injuries and suspensions recently and has upset the balance.

Bish has been 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban since our form dipped. A yellow vs Crawley and he's banned for 2 games. Avoid a yellow vs Crawley and he then becomes 6 yellows away from a ban.

It wouldn't surprise me if macca is started on Tuesday and bishop rested.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:24 pm

Stoney wrote:How about get behind the lads who have got us into fourth in the league?

Only bottle jobs is the raspberries who were slagging us off and giving fingers to our own side

Today i think they deserved the finger ,they were bloody rubbish , we made port vale and ricky miller look like barcelona ,ben turner has to be a panic signing if i ever saw one ,grants going missing ,were still in a good position ,but by eck ,some arses need kicking
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:26 pm

gazza1988 wrote:Is it a bottle job if our best striker in the air gets his face smashed in? If our leading scorer decided to give a lino the bird? Or our best RWB Gets his leg broken?

We have 1 fit and available striker and he's out of sorts. Our defence has taken a few injuries and suspensions recently and has upset the balance.

Bish has been 1 yellow away from a 2 game ban since our form dipped. A yellow vs Crawley and he's banned for 2 games. Avoid a yellow vs Crawley and he then becomes 6 yellows away from a ban.

It wouldn't surprise me if macca is started on Tuesday and bishop rested.

Well said Gazza, the voice of reason, we have had some terrible luck recently with injuries and this squad is threadbare.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Shropshire Valiant » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:32 pm

To be honest, you caught us on a good day, Miller could have a 3 or 4 today! Askey had clearly done his homework on you but I was expecting an equaliser from the corner at the end...best of luck for the rest of the season, I’m sure you won’t be far away...
Shropshire Valiant
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby BigGuy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:38 pm

A lot of managers have recently done a lot of homework on us, press and pass the ball out to the wings. We don’t have an answer at the minute.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:38 pm

Shropshire Valiant wrote:To be honest, you caught us on a good day, Miller could have a 3 or 4 today! Askey had clearly done his homework on you but I was expecting an equaliser from the corner at the end...best of luck for the rest of the season, I’m sure you won’t be far away...

See you next season Shropshire, for I doubt we've the steel to get up via the playoffs. Hope you send Clownty down though, the trapdoor's opened a little further for them.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby milne6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Watched stags against Newport, notts and vale and was awful against all three, no complaints with the results.

I know we cant win every game but we are not challenging or even playing well against poor teams
This is a Signature
milne6
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm

Could be in for another flitcroft special
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Bottlejobs? The title of this thread let me down, rather hoped it would be about Dolphins and not what I watched this afternoon. :(
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:46 pm

adamstag wrote:Could be in for another flitcroft special

The same ‘special’ that led us so many games unbeaten?

The January window has confused his thinking in my eyes, Grant in the side away from home has unbalanced us, Hamilton up front isn’t working.

Back to 3-5-2 ASAP or bite the bullet and change to 4-4-2 go for it.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:48 pm

it’s that bad, old Stag & young Yorkie have turned their phones off on the way back from Vale

the last text said it all, “bullied & no passion, playing like they don’t care”
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:52 pm

milne6 wrote:Watched stags against Newport, notts and vale and was awful against all three, no complaints with the results.

I know we cant win every game but we are not challenging or even playing well against poor teams

This is the crux for us, teams destined to go up automatic suffer the odd one or two against the bottom boys. It happens to often to us imo to be serious top 3 boys.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:56 pm

Just listened to Flitcroft on the way home and he's admitted Newport was poor, County very poor and today poor again.

Its a trend and one he'll be addressing tomorrow with the players. Sounds like he will be ringing the changes Tuesday and attempting a different style away from home going to only take the players with the right character.

Could easily see Macca starting Tuesday then, and I hope Preston is back.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Look, being serious were having a blip.

Grants gone AWOL too many players don’t seem up for the fight, it’s like we’re going through away games on auto pilot.

The home form is fine, it’s the away form, especially since the new year.

From 7 points clear of 4th to 4th inside 2 months, that’s a special effort
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:43 pm

Grow up lot of ya
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

Notts County away - Zero shots on target against the bottom side in the country

Port Vale away - Concede 2 (should have been at least 4) against the lowest scorers in League 2.

Worrying!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby jpstags » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 pm

Flitcroft thinks we can go to teams scrapping for survival and play pretty football ! Very naive indeed, sometimes you just got to be prepared to scrap and have a plan b, he's going to balls it all up.
jpstags
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:53 pm

The last three away games have been more than disappointing. Time to press the panic button? I don't think so.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Just listened to Flitcroft on the way home and he's admitted Newport was poor, County very poor and today poor again.

Its a trend and one he'll be addressing tomorrow with the players. Sounds like he will be ringing the changes Tuesday and attempting a different style away from home going to only take the players with the right character.

Could easily see Macca starting Tuesday then, and I hope Preston is back.

Time to drop the Prancing Prima Donna then!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum