{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Port vale fc kiosk boycott!!!!

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Port vale fc kiosk boycott!!!!

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I feel that I need to buy more stuff from the kiosks to compensate for non-attendees.

The first splits in this display of solidarity with our oppressed Burslem Brothers. Edders, will you cross the pastie picket line with your head bowed in shame?

I’ve had a re-think. I’m taking ham cobs and a bottle of pop.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wwindsor1972 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:11 pm

Just another note those travelling by car instead of using the official car park where all the money also goes into the owners pocket, just before the carpark driving up hamil road is a company called "Synectics" this is owned by the lady who had a bid of £4.25 million turned down, she charges the same as the official, its all secured and the money is put back into the Academy.
Thanks
wwindsor1972
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 pm

wwindsor1972 wrote:Can i just say that we at Port Vale are really proud of our Club (not the owner) and the responses from yourselves is humbling. We do appreciate all the help and we will welcome you all into Burslem town to enjoy a drink and something to eat in the various pubs, cafes and most importantly Wrights Pie shop!!!
Thankyou

Will it still be safe in Burslem if say we spank you 1-4 like we did in the 76/77 season? Can't imagine it being in the predicament you are in in the League.

Hey I may be wrong but...
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:49 pm

wwindsor1972 wrote:Just another note those travelling by car instead of using the official car park where all the money also goes into the owners pocket, just before the carpark driving up hamil road is a company called "Synectics" this is owned by the lady who had a bid of £4.25 million turned down, she charges the same as the official, its all secured and the money is put back into the Academy.
Thanks

Thanks for that will do.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby wwindsor1972 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:
wwindsor1972 wrote:Can i just say that we at Port Vale are really proud of our Club (not the owner) and the responses from yourselves is humbling. We do appreciate all the help and we will welcome you all into Burslem town to enjoy a drink and something to eat in the various pubs, cafes and most importantly Wrights Pie shop!!!
Thankyou

Will it still be safe in Burslem if say we spank you 1-4 like we did in the 76/77 season? Can't imagine it being in the predicament you are in in the League.

Hey I may be wrong but...

It will be safe, we are deep in trouble, but we understand that it isnt the players fault, the supporters fault or the managers fault, our problems are with the lack of investment from our owner who over the past 18 months has taken at least £1.8 from our coffers. Within the first 6 months he had a directors loan put in place for £2 million and nobody knows why?.
He recently rejected an offer of £4.25 million from a local Vale supporting business woman with a reply that read "Not enough!!".
If you are trying to help us with the kiosk protests then we as fans really appreciate it. Our problems are much much bigger than havin a go at fans who are helping us.
Thanks and enjoy the game..
wwindsor1972
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Ok fair enough.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wwindsor1972 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:25 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Burslem Brothers - Will the bar, that allows both home and away fans in before the game, have the rugby on afterwards?

More importantly does the shelkles raised from the bar line the pockets of the Chairman?

Makes a difference as to where we watch the rugby after.

The Tommy Cheadles Bar is open to all supporters before the game and the £2 entrance fee has been withdrawn. Its a friendly place where good chat and no rivalries take place. Its only a 3-4 minute walk to the away turnstiles.
Unfortunatly it doesnt open after the game so it wont be showing the rugby.
Enjoy the game.
wwindsor1972
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:28 pm

Doesn't open after the game :shock:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:16 am

It would speak volumes for us if we joined in an anti Smurf chant during the game. Particularly given the behaviour of some of our neighbours at Wrexham last week. As we know we've had Dark Lord of our own...Smurthwaite out!!
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:39 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:It would speak volumes for us if we joined in an anti Smurf chant during the game. Particularly given the behaviour of some of our neighbours at Wrexham last week. As we know we've had Dark Lord of our own...Smurthwaite out!!

I agree Grimners, we know what it's like to be saddled with an asset stripping owner and the long term damage it does to the club. I'd happily join in any 'Smurflam out!' chants and we can follow it up with 'one Johnny Radford'. I'll even wave a red card if PVFC fans want to hand them out at the away end.

Chances are though a good portion of our fans after a sniff of the bar maid's spron will be more inclined to be chanting 'going down' and 'one Norman Smurfwaite' than showing solidarity with their fellow L2 fans.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:42 am

Mr Grimsdale wrote:It would speak volumes for us if we joined in an anti Smurf chant during the game. Particularly given the behaviour of some of our neighbours at Wrexham last week. As we know we've had Dark Lord of our own...Smurthwaite out!!

I read elsewhere that the protests (including red cards) are before the game and half time. During the game, the fans are intending to get right behind the side.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:51 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

I read elsewhere that the protests (including red cards) are before the game and half time. During the game, the fans are intending to get right behind the side.

Of course first and foremost we must get behind our team, that goes without saying.
I think if an early Mansfield goal comes they won't wait politely for half time to vent their spleen perhaps.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby wwindsor1972 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:10 am

Its do humbling to be reading these comments. The red cards will be handedout to any fans from around the ground, printed on the back of these are the instructions regarding when to raise them. There will be plenty of anti smurthwaite chanting during the game and a protest after the game is planned outside the main entrance.
We really do appreciate what help we recieve today. Enjoy the game..
wwindsor1972
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:28 am

wwindsor1972 wrote:Its do humbling to be reading these comments. The red cards will be handedout to any fans from around the ground, printed on the back of these are the instructions regarding when to raise them. There will be plenty of anti smurthwaite chanting during the game and a protest after the game is planned outside the main entrance.
We really do appreciate what help we recieve today. Enjoy the game..

It's because we know exactly how you feel. Good luck with getting him out.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Iliketrains » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:56 am

Unfortunately starving Smurthwaite of a few quid will not work and similar tactics haven't worked at other clubs such as Blackpool, Coventry and also down at our nearest and dearest neighbours Chesterfield who are running a notapennymore campaign against their owner.

There are two reasons for this.

1. Men like Smurthwaite go when they are ready. Not when they are pushed. It's their mentality which is made easier by point number 2.

2. For every Vale fan that stays away / protests / stops buying merchandise etc there are likely to be many more 'head in the sand' Vale fans who just plough on regardless and therefore just enough money is trickling through to prolong these owners tenure.

For what it's worth i fully support what you are doing and rogue owners need to be ousted once and for all from our proud football clubs but as we have seen from the likes of Chesterfield where the owner is still in situ despite numerous campaigns, protests, stay aways, media coverage etc, they will only go when they want to. But don't get me wrong, trying something is better than trying nothing as Torquay United fans have done (or haven't done) with their property developer owner. An owner who promises to bulldoze Plainmoor and build houses on it with the promise of a new stadium. Problem is, he has NEVER built a stadium in his career despite being involved with Bristol Rovers where he was responsible for their near demise and Swindon Speedway and numerous other projects.

These owners are out there and destroying community clubs and history. It really is a horrible situation and the reason why i believe in the fan ownership / trust model such as Exeter and Wycombe which encourages sustainability and community. This model in itself has it's flaws but it ensures that the football club isn't at the sole mercy of one bloke. Obviously there are really genuine owners out there like Stags very own John Radford but there is a certainty that owners like him will always one day step aside and then you are left with the issue of who takes over? Does a rogue owner acquire the club and take it down from there on and undoing all the good work the previous owner has done? It's a possibility and a reality as it has happened to a number of clubs.

I wish Vale fans all the best with their protest and these owners like Smurthwaite need to be removed from football for good because they are cancerous.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wwindsor1972 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:27 pm

Thanks for all the help with anything to do with the protests today, did see a few red cards in the away end, not sure if i also heard a anti-smurthwaite chant as well.
Good luck for the rest of the season lads..
wwindsor1972
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:35 pm

Iliketrains wrote:Unfortunately starving Smurthwaite of a few quid will not work and similar tactics haven't worked at other clubs such as Blackpool, Coventry and also down at our nearest and dearest neighbours Chesterfield who are running a notapennymore campaign against their owner.

There are two reasons for this.

1. Men like Smurthwaite go when they are ready. Not when they are pushed. It's their mentality which is made easier by point number 2.

2. For every Vale fan that stays away / protests / stops buying merchandise etc there are likely to be many more 'head in the sand' Vale fans who just plough on regardless and therefore just enough money is trickling through to prolong these owners tenure.

For what it's worth i fully support what you are doing and rogue owners need to be ousted once and for all from our proud football clubs but as we have seen from the likes of Chesterfield where the owner is still in situ despite numerous campaigns, protests, stay aways, media coverage etc, they will only go when they want to. But don't get me wrong, trying something is better than trying nothing as Torquay United fans have done (or haven't done) with their property developer owner. An owner who promises to bulldoze Plainmoor and build houses on it with the promise of a new stadium. Problem is, he has NEVER built a stadium in his career despite being involved with Bristol Rovers where he was responsible for their near demise and Swindon Speedway and numerous other projects.

These owners are out there and destroying community clubs and history. It really is a horrible situation and the reason why i believe in the fan ownership / trust model such as Exeter and Wycombe which encourages sustainability and community. This model in itself has it's flaws but it ensures that the football club isn't at the sole mercy of one bloke. Obviously there are really genuine owners out there like Stags very own John Radford but there is a certainty that owners like him will always one day step aside and then you are left with the issue of who takes over? Does a rogue owner acquire the club and take it down from there on and undoing all the good work the previous owner has done? It's a possibility and a reality as it has happened to a number of clubs.

I wish Vale fans all the best with their protest and these owners like Smurthwaite need to be removed from football for good because they are cancerous.

Great post
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:48 pm

I stuck to the boycott did many others?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:33 pm

Didn’t buy a thing!
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 pm

As soon as the 2nd goal went in I went and bought 4 pies, 2 pasties a bag of crisps and a mars bar.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Reg Holdsworth wrote:Didn’t buy a thing!

Our party didn’t use the club car park, didn’t buy a programme, nor any food & beverage.
We chatted to some locals - they are really, really angry with the present owner. Sadly, he is in no hurry to sell and is making good money from commercial activity.

I wish them well. PVFC is a nice community club with genuine fans.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:12 pm

Didn’t buy anything even though was cold and would’ve enjoyed a hot drink at half time but I resisted..walked past the protest after the game on our way to where we parked up a side street and we had our scarfs on..shook hands with a few of the vale fans who said thanks for a good game, for our support of the protest and wished us a safe journey home.. proper football club just like us .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:46 pm

ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum