{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 am

I think Chesterfield would be a solid midtable conference side next season with what they've currently got

Depends how much invested their already broke football club can afford, ST's are obviously going to fall on their backside now the fans realise they're not going up anytime soon.

I guess then they can stop announcing attendances of 5,000 when there's around 2,200 in the ground :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:41 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:You can tell this is a man who does not regularly attend matches. Anyone that went to see MTFC in the conference on a regular basis could have told you that money alone will not guarantee the league title and a return to the promised land. The whole club and supporters have to be correct and aligned for what is a mammoth effort. You also need a good slice of luck for the on field decisions that are often wrong.

If money alone gained success, County would be in league one next year and Luton would only have had one season in the hell pit.
Wind your neck in Chumpty and get used to conference football for a few seasons yet. Remember when County come down, you won't be the biggest fish in the pond.

Spot on. I still cannot believe the incredible run we went on to secure promotion. Even if everything is in place with a great team on and off the field it only takes the smallest bit of bad luck to see promotion dreams from the Blue Square/ Conference/ Van Wreck League, in tatters.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Wrexham are much bigger club than the sheep. Over 7000 watched them last week .stockport could be there too next season.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Also next season the sheep won't have the additional parachute payment from the FL another slight interruption in their March to the promise land. The conference is a slippery slope to AFC sheep warriors
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Wrexham are much bigger club than the sheep. Over 7000 watched them last week .stockport could be there too next season.

They are being well supported at the moment due to best chance for years at Fl return. Club size is not down to temporary attendances.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby dlb » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:56 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Also next season the sheep won't have the additional parachute payment from the FL another slight interruption in their March to the promise land. The conference is a slippery slope to AFC sheep warriors

Sorry to disappoint but we will have 50% of what we had this season (that was about £470K) and then it is gone

Parachute payments are designed to cushion the loss of revenue and allow to pay/payoff players on bigger contracts. At the end of this season most of the players accumulated by Caldwell/Lester/Allen will be out of contract and I dare say will be gone.

Whatever the rubbish on this thread states, our average is around 4600 with around 600 no shows per game, presumably ST holders. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the method of reporting attendances, the higher figure is what our gate revenue is based on. I expect we will start off around the 4000/4200 mark next season without any major developments. With a decent manager, that gate revenue, coupled with the £200K+ parachute payment and renewed determination from DA should see a decent squad built for this league

I think Sheriden is a decent manager and there is some reason he left a EFL club for a failing NL club and I doubt it was sentiment.
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:16 pm

I've put £500 on the sheep to win the Vanaramaramarama league by 20 points I'm that confident in Chumpy's optimism of the situation at the dip. The girl behind the counter just went :rofl: :hysteria: :rofl: :hysteria: when I handed over the cash.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:26 pm

dlb wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Also next season the sheep won't have the additional parachute payment from the FL another slight interruption in their March to the promise land. The conference is a slippery slope to AFC sheep warriors

Sorry to disappoint but we will have 50% of what we had this season (that was about £470K) and then it is gone

Parachute payments are designed to cushion the loss of revenue and allow to pay/payoff players on bigger contracts. At the end of this season most of the players accumulated by Caldwell/Lester/Allen will be out of contract and I dare say will be gone.

Whatever the rubbish on this thread states, our average is around 4600 with around 600 no shows per game, presumably ST holders. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the method of reporting attendances, the higher figure is what our gate revenue is based on. I expect we will start off around the 4000/4200 mark next season without any major developments. With a decent manager, that gate revenue, coupled with the £200K+ parachute payment and renewed determination from DA should see a decent squad built for this league

I think Sheriden is a decent manager and there is some reason he left a EFL club for a failing NL club and I doubt it was sentiment.

Your assumption is make believe because you forgot piece of your fantasy jigsaw.... Your Owner is still taking more money out than he's putting in....

And before you look for an answer to the point I've raised think about the money he got for the Ginger Judas.....

I rest my case you'll be non league for a long long time.

However I will say one thing well done on getting out the relegation places for the 1st time in 3 seasons......
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:24 pm

dlb wrote:I think Sheriden is a decent manager and there is some reason he left a EFL club for a failing NL club and I doubt it was sentiment.

It's because they made him the highest paid manager the club has ever had & he lives 15 miles down the road.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:03 am

dlb wrote:

It is what DA is determined to do that puzzles me ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:47 am

Dan wrote:
dlb wrote:I think Sheriden is a decent manager and there is some reason he left a EFL club for a failing NL club and I doubt it was sentiment.

It's because they made him the highest paid manager the club has ever had & he lives 15 miles down the road.

Of course it is Dan, but Chumpers thinks otherwise. For Sheridan dragging his sorry ass up and down the M6 to Carlisle 3-4 times a week when he could milk the sheep for the more in wages and less travelling was a no brainer. We had a manager once who did the same (can't remember his name, fat odious chap) and he ended up getting the sack from his club and I've a feeling Chumpy'll be wanting JS out inside 14 months.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:56 am

Sheridan is a decent manager tbh but the National league imho is tougher now than when we were in it, and next season could get even more difficult. The Spireites could be down there longer than they think!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:25 am

It would appear they are still a somewhat deluded bunch over the M1.

I love reading their posts on here, they make me smile in a patronising, ah bless styleee

;)
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:58 am

Dan wrote:

More like Sheridan owed the chesterfield owner thousands in bad gambling and drink
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BELSE » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:18 am

agree adamstag i heared the same
BELSE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:18 am

adamstag wrote:
Dan wrote:

More like Sheridan owed the chesterfield owner thousands in bad gambling and drink allegedly

Sorted for you
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 am

There's nowt so predictable, and deluded, as a football fan.

The basic timeline of this thread when dipped in reality is that they:

- hit the bottom of League 2, then appointed Jack Lester, the man who could do no wrong - then appeared all over here giving it the big one saying it wouldn't be long before they'd be top of the league, or at least above us. A near certainty, apparently. Lester, unfortunately did everything wrong. Messiah no more. Result: relegation as bottom club. No sign of anyone from Chesterfield on here.

- Sacked Lester, appointed Martin Allen, then won 3 on the spin in the Conference and hit the top of the league. Couldn't move for Spireites on here suddenly remembering their passwords, stating how they were going to piss that raspberry league and how Allen was the messiah (what another one?). Fast forward 4 months, Chesterfield fighting relegation to the Conference North, no wins in a yonks, talks of protests against the owners, crowds to their lowest point, losing to Brackley in the FA Trophy. Even Allen, a man who'd have confidence in his own ability to survive if he was fired into the sun, was sounding a bit down. No sign of anyone from Chesterfield on here, again.

- Appointed John Sheridan as manager, apparently paid the most of any Chesterfield manager in the history of the (cash-strapped apparently) club, ergo the highest paid manager in the history of the conference, told to spend whatever he wanted to spend. Sheridan, as clear to anyone with a functioning brain, clearly lucked out with a role that was basically in his garden shed, compared to trekking to what is effectively Scotland. But yeah, if you want to think that he chose to move for the opportunity, then crack on. Win a few games, Braintree away a notable highlight. Suddenly here they are again, cant type their log-ins onto the site quick enough; promotion next year is a near certainty, I mean they may as well give it to them now, owner isn't so bad after all.

Jesus Christ, it's not great being a lower league fan at the best of times, we've seen it a lot worse than most, but have some flipping' respect for yourselves - you've already beaten the deluded raspberry drum on here for all its worth, dont come back beating it with a bigger stick every time you get above 15th in the conference. Have some humility, we'd have far more respect for you if you were at least consistently on here being deluded.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:57 am

Dan wrote:

And he doesn't get all his wages, as DA keeps a large chunk of it to pay off his gambling debts, allegedly.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:01 pm

appointed Martin Allen, then won 3 on the spin in the Conference and hit the top of the league.

I reported on them at Ebbsfleet and added tweets and observations on here they were poor and lucky to get anything from that game. Surprised in their current plight? Not at all

Pity owing to work and home life I can't get to Bromley on Tuesday night
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:20 am

sheep 2 v 3 Eastleigh Not a peep from Chumpers this weekend. Too busy sticking up photos of JS on his bedroom wall?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby dlb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:22 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Sheridan is a decent manager tbh but the National league imho is tougher now than when we were in it, and next season could get even more difficult. The Spireites could be down there longer than they think!!!

With half the squad out of contract (the expensive half) Sheriden has his/our fate is very much in his own hands. Even without DA making extra funds available (which has been promised) there will be plenty of budget work with.

Now I'm sure a few deluded types will be pencilling in top spot as a certainty but a playoff berth should really be expected
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dlb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:28 pm

Big yella wrote:
Dan wrote:

And he doesn't get all his wages, as DA keeps a large chunk of it to pay off his gambling debts, allegedly.

Surprised it has taken so many years for him come back then.

I would say that is complete ****.

More likely DA's last throw of the dice, before his next last throw of the dice
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dlb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Dan wrote:

Which suggests an ambition to get out this hell hole by owner and manager
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dlb » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:33 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:
appointed Martin Allen, then won 3 on the spin in the Conference and hit the top of the league.

I reported on them at Ebbsfleet and added tweets and observations on here they were poor and lucky to get anything from that game. Surprised in their current plight? Not at all

Don't worry, I can report that irrespective of result it will be a scruffy horrible game with some shocking technical ability on display
dlb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 pm

dlb wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:

Don't worry, I can report that irrespective of result it will be a scruffy horrible game with some shocking technical ability on display
Yes, and I suspect Bromley won't be much better :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum