{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: 15.03.2019 John Radford last payment for the ground

Postby HitchcocksShins » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:16 am

manssmooth wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Lol so y's it at ling and not at the pate bar??! Nothing like celebrating our divorce by filling the tills of an unrelated pub.

You seriously need to get out more! :roll:

Could you elaborate on the relevance of your reply?
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:28 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:
manssmooth wrote:
HitchcocksShins wrote:Lol so y's it at ling and not at the pate bar??! Nothing like celebrating our divorce by filling the tills of an unrelated pub.

You seriously need to get out more! :roll:

Could you elaborate on the relevance of your reply?

:lol: :lol:
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:29 pm

Wilfred wrote:As posted above I was told that the Sandy Pate Bar was not available on 16 March.

It's a celebration of JR making the final payment and that the Count (sic) of Calver has no further hold on the club.

And I believe a wedge is being donated to the John Eastwood Hospice from various fund raising activities.

So a group of Stags supporters are organising a do to celebrate and supporting a local charity into the bargain.

Let's be positive about this. After all, on 15 March all my badges, scarves, mugs etc will be out of date.

Haslam Out will be no more. And Haslam's Out it will be.

:coys: :mtfc:

Good point. Let's just celebrate.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:23 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bmthstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:I remember the first time JR was spoken to about the ground, he said “once i have got it back out of ‘his’ hands, i will put the ground in a Fans trust so never again can the ground be separated from he football club”, ive spoken many a time to spiro, Tippy & Pete etc about this over the years
now that time is fast approaching, i’m sure Johnn Radford is a man of his word

up the Stags

If memory serves me right, wasn’t there a twist on this whereby Haslam wanted a covenant whereby if the ground was developed/ownership transferred within X years he got extra money and for that reason JR said he was unable to transfer it to a fans trust?
It’s a long time ago so my memory might be wrong - can anyone else help?

No absolutely not, i’ve followed this story from day 1, JR stated as soon as he paid him off it would go in the fans trust so never again could the club be separated from the ground

Should John do this, on the few occasions that I have met him he seems to be a man of integrity and his word, then he wants to receive a knighthood. As this is a truly deserving act of generosity and service to the people of Mansfield unlike that workshy, idle, self serving, Haslam lickspittle called Alan Meale that got a knighthood for being a the only winner in a one horse race every four or five years.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:27 pm

Would the ‘gifting’ of the ground to the supporters take the form of a ‘pitch owners club’ where people could buy shares thereby giving JR some money to reinvest in the club? As per Chelsea, as the pitch owners resisted the Russian oil money to move from Stamford Bridge?

Would this be coupled with listing the ground as a site of community interest and thereby giving the Supporters Club first refusal if put up for sale?

One to be debated over many a pint and many anti-Haslam songs in the Ling Forest I think.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:47 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bmthstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:I remember the first time JR was spoken to about the ground, he said “once i have got it back out of ‘his’ hands, i will put the ground in a Fans trust so never again can the ground be separated from he football club”, ive spoken many a time to spiro, Tippy & Pete etc about this over the years

up the Stags

If memory serves me right, wasn’t there a twist on this whereby Haslam wanted a covenant whereby if the ground was developed/ownership transferred within X years he got extra money and for that reason JR said he was unable to transfer it to a fans trust?

No absolutely not, i’ve followed this story from day 1, JR stated as soon as he paid him off it would go in the fans trust so never again could the club be separated from the ground

Should John do this, on the few occasions that I have met him he seems to be a man of integrity and his word, then he wants to receive a knighthood. As this is a truly deserving act of generosity and service to the people of Mansfield unlike that workshy, idle, self serving, Haslam lickspittle called Alan Meale that got a knighthood for being a the only winner in a one horse race every four or five years.

Lickspittle is a tragically underused insult IMO.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:57 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Would the ‘gifting’ of the ground to the supporters take the form of a ‘pitch owners club’ where people could buy shares thereby giving JR some money to reinvest in the club? As per Chelsea, as the pitch owners resisted the Russian oil money to move from Stamford Bridge?

Would this be coupled with listing the ground as a site of community interest and thereby giving the Supporters Club first refusal if put up for sale?

One to be debated over many a pint and many anti-Haslam songs in the Ling Forest I think.

The ground is already a site of community interest.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:53 pm

a reminder of what John Radford said at the fans forum in 2014

https://www.stagsnet.net/news/newsdetai ... ewsid=7586

John Radford: I don’t think there’s any reason that the ground should ever be re-united with the club. There should be a peppercorn rental set for the club, but I don’t think the football club should have that asset. Football clubs get sued all the time. If that football club gets sued for a million pounds, we can’t have that football club have an asset that could go to someone suing them. So it’s basically for legal reasons. Ideally yes I’d like to say yes let’s join them back up but let’s say 10 years down the line I’m not here and MTFC gets sued or something like that then the ground can be attainable or can be taken as part of the assets of the football club. I’d rather keep it separate, keep it in a trust. If I’m looking at this as far as a business in concerned, to protect the football club, it’s better that the ground is safe in a trust.

Question (Darren): When you did reach a settlement with Mr Haslam you did have to sign this over-arch agreement where part of the deal was that you are not allowed to transfer the ground even to a supporters trust, unless Mr Haslam agrees to it. I think the agreement is that if you develop the ground in the next 20 years, 50% of the profits have to be paid to Keith Haslam.

John Radford: Yes that’s exactly correct. The reason I managed to get a reasonable price off Haslam was I was prepared to sign that this stays with MTFC at least for the next 20 years. He thought I was coming in as a property developer, but that’s not the case.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:58 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bmthstag wrote:

up the Stags

In a trust - yes. In the fans trust - no. See the quotes from John Radford in my post immediately above this.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:04 pm

This will be a fantastic day for everyone involved with the club to be rid of Keith. How he got away with what he did for as long as he did was beyond me.

I remember speaking to a director of Brentford in about 06, and he was well versed in the goings on. I also was once greatly informed by a financial journalist about the list of Keiths wrongdoings while.at a mates birthday in Sheffield. People knew what was happening, but no one, not even our governing body, did anything. We had to stand up to him and wrestle his death-grip from off our club.

We will never know whether Los Tres Amigos did the right thing in buying the club and not the ground. But I for one believe that the last 20 years should never be forgotten and will stand us in good stead for years to come. Of course we should never rely on a wealthy fan riding in on a white horse to save the day like Radford did, but we have the governance structures, fans on the board, and we know the signs to look out for and the questions to ask to stop 'what Keith did' from ever happening again.

In the Radfords we trust.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bmthstag wrote:

up the Stags

In a trust - yes. In the fans trust - no. See the quotes from John Radford in my post immediately above this.

Devils in the detail Marty, just call it “people of Mansfield” trust
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:16 pm

The One
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:32 am

just seen on twitter

we have done it!

paid him up

thanks Mr Radford
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:40 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Chadman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:03 am

Full story with one or two very nostalgic pictures of that dark era!

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9645955
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:19 am

I know recent results have been disappointing. I'm as disappointed as the next.

Time to focus on the bigger picture especially as two of our nearby rivals are now struggling as we did in the Haslam era.

Well done JR and CR for turning a big negative into something that gives us a positive future.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:43 am

Can this momentous occasion be given a fresh headline making thread?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:54 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:Can this momentous occasion be given a fresh headline making thread?

yes
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Finally the dark days are over

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:18 am

Credits

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:Can this momentous occasion be given a fresh headline making thread?

yes
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Stags in full control of One Call Stadium

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:45 am

I am as disappointed as anyone at our recent form, but at the end of the day this is what really matters. Amazing news :coys:
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 pm

The future is now ours to define.

Do not despair. The misery that was upon us is but the passing of greed - the bitterness of a man who feared the way of progress.

The hate of men will pass as dictatorships die, and the power he took from the people will return to the people.

We, the people have the power - The power to create happiness!

We, the people, have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

In the name of John Radford and Mansfield Town FC - let us use that power - let us all unite.

John Radford you have our plaudits and gratitude.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:56 pm

All we need to do now is update the club crest & all trace of Haslam (apart from the jerry built stadium) will gone. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:07 pm

Thank you Mr and Mrs Radford from the bottom of my heart for ridding our great little club of the cancerous, malignant, odious individual that is Mr Keith Haslam and all connections to him. I hope in time more people of the town come to love the club as you and the faithful clearly do. It's Mansfield Town so it'll not be easy, but our progress under your ownership is step by step in an upwards direction.

Meale ticket once said, 'stick with Keith Haslam, there are exciting times ahead', but we knew it was just a load of toadiness. Hopefully under your guidance the 'exciting times' will get better and better.

Oh, I forgot to add that I hope Haslam chokes on his money.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

So the statement actually says ‘The cheque is in the post’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby ST4GS » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:00 pm

part time pete wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

So the statement actually says ‘The cheque is in the post’ :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it is not cashed on Friday can the leech get us on a technicality. I would not put it past him. Needs to be water tight.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum