{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:42 pm

Wilfred wrote:
stiggieste wrote:I believe notts we’re offering 4 weekly payments, as in every 4 weeks and not every week. Therefore the debt would take over 4 months to clear hence why HMRC Are going to court. Just my understanding from the reports on various sites.

According to Hardy's lawyers the club offered to pay the outstanding debt to HMRC over a four week period.
They said that the debt was "only three weeks old" and that HMRC were taking an "aggressive" attitude.
As I understand it, a winding up order is issued 21 days after a High Court judgement is issued for an outstanding debt that remains unpaid. So it would seem that the debt was over 3 weeks old but proceedings to recover it were commenced three weeks ago.
I have, in fact, just contacted HMRC and requested that my monthly PAYE deductions be halted for a while as I'm a bit skint after an expensive Christmas. I've told them I'll pay them back a bit here and there if and when I can afford to. The gentleman I spoke to said it was no problem as HMRC were now a national charity and that my debt would be placed in the PAYP - Pay As You Please - category.

Sounds right. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby fox in the box » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Hardy's at the wheel
Speeding into his last deal
Leaving non-league and dick pics and debt
All the costs that will never be met

Oldest league club in football
Going to the wall
fox in the box
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Bradders » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:30 pm

According to the Nottingham Post article, it's a winding up petition - not an order. I'm no expert but I believe that gives them a week to agree something with HMRC to prevent the order being issued.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 pm

I thought they petitioned the court to issue the order i.e. it's a hearing.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:18 pm

Bradders wrote:According to the Nottingham Post article, it's a winding up petition - not an order. I'm no expert but I believe that gives them a week to agree something with HMRC to prevent the order being issued.

You're right Bradders. My post above should have read "petition" and not "order". But I believe that the debt must be paid within a week of the petition to prevent other creditors being made aware of the situation and for them to take action - including the freezing of bank accounts etc.
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:02 pm

One of the fundamentals of running any business:

Pay HMRC exactly when it’s due.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Are the administrators hoping that the club can be sold quickly at a price to cover the loans to paragon before they put clownty into administration.

I wouldn’t have thought the club would be worth much much as they don’t own the ground or have a training facility
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:15 pm

Maybe Haslam might buy them lol
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:23 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:One of the fundamentals of running any business:

Pay HMRC exactly when it’s due.

Unless you're Amazon, Starbucks, Vodafone etc etc
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:24 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Are the administrators hoping that the club can be sold quickly at a price to cover the loans to paragon before they put clownty into administration.

I wouldn’t have thought the club would be worth much much as they don’t own the ground or have a training facility

Basically that's it. A new buyer needs to take on the debt and the running costs as well as the price. Hardy needs someone to do that to save Paragon. To do so he surely has to be offering Notts for free if someone clears the debts. Even so, a buyer would need about £10 just to get started. Why pay that when you can just wait until the creditors have cleared the debt and take over much cheaper? In fact, a cynical buyer would perhaps even feign interest and make it more likely that the club goes into admin so that the price comes down and debts get sorted.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:43 pm

I suppose you could argue that they would buy to save the club slipping further down the leagues. The conference wouldn't have them in the premiere division if they were in administration and they could drop at least one further step.

That said I'm sure you could get more for your money at another league club without the lottery of trying to get back into the league. It would take less time to achieve and you would presume potential investors wouldn't have an affinity with Notts County. Admittedly another club may not have the long term potential but also wouldn't carry the huge risk.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:00 pm

Apparently, teams in administration are allowed a year in the National League to sort themselves out and then if they haven't, they get expelled.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:22 pm

ParisStag wrote:Apparently, teams in administration are allowed a year in the National League to sort themselves out and then if they haven't, they get expelled.

The National League has North and South divisions as well.

In the past teams have been placed in the regional league and if after a year have not sorted themselves out then they are relegated again.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby robbingdog » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:52 pm

They will get away with it
robbingdog
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:56 pm

They will because it’s a drop in the ocean. It’s happening all the time. Notts are small fry and will sort it out. I think!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:05 am

This 200k is I think from last years accounts ? January 31st for final payment from year before?
If tax are asking for full payment and not 50k a week you have to wonder how much tax they owe to date.
I'm not sure of money spent since last April til now on players wages, contracts, paying off managers contracts.
Was it the 10th of April til the winding up order. To me that means a full years tax will be owed on Jan 31st a year from now.
How many contracts from managers and players still need paying off?
8 new players in the January transfer window all signing contracts that need paying.
He's a haslam who knows what he is doing and people like them should not be allowed in football.
The hatred they will feel like we did and still do of paying him yearly for destroying a club is so wrong.
Haslam made millions from us.
Hardy will do the same. They owe him 7 million though and will have to pay back every penny for years.
:mtfc:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:36 am

Looking back to 2007/08 season, at the same stage (34 games played) we'd got 30 points and gained a point a game from the last 12 to finish on 42. 47 points was safety that season. Safety this season I reckon will be around the 43/44 point mark (only a guess) leaving Notts wanting probably 16 points (cos of their awful goal diff). Me, looking at their run in I can't see them picking up anymore than 12/13 points. Vale have an incredibly difficult run in and with their form atm it's difficult to see where they'll gain anymore than 10 points. Macc and Yeovil similar stuff, it'll go down to the last day I reckon.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wink68 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:29 am

part time pete wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Apparently, teams in administration are allowed a year in the National League to sort themselves out and then if they haven't, they get expelled.

The National League has North and South divisions as well.

In the past teams have been placed in the regional league and if after a year have not sorted themselves out then they are relegated again.

Some right local derbies in confrence north next year. County, Chesterfld and Alfreton.
wink68
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:42 am

Is there also now a point where if a club goes into admin it's passed on the following season?

Remember someone waiting to go into admin (maybe Boston?) as they waited to go down and then go into admin hoping it would go off that seasons total.

Edit - the 4th Thursday in March. If a club stays up it's taken from that season which means they could still go down and if the club goes down anyway they get it taken from you the next season
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:47 am

But on a good note..... NOT

Manchester City have agreed a 10 year contract with Puma to shirt sponsor for a small sum of £600 million

Yes I did say 600 million.......

Something seriously wrong in football to allow this to happen no wonder clubs in the lower divisions go bust or struggle to survive
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:41 am

10 year contract and it applies to all the 7 city group clubs.

So only 8m a year really, sina.
Last edited by arsene wengers coat on Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:43 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:10 year contract and it applies to all the 7 city group clubs.

So only 12m a year really, sina.

City get about 80% of that according to the Manchester Evening News - so £480m :shock:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:48 am

Yeah I don't know how it's stacked up just what the sky article said. Agreed it's bonkers money. But the deal is with city football group, how they wish to administer that 600m is.up to them.

The Chinese team probably doesn't generate much so why would they invest in it.

Seems a shame that clubs go to the wall for pennies in comparison to what goes on in footballs top echelons.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:49 am

Back to the subject at hand.

Away from County’s administration, Hardy is also going through a divorce, so the guy won’t be able to afford to pay off the debt, unless a buyer comes in and pays it off.

This is what happens when you don’t spend money wisely, run your mouth off and embarrass himself on social media. Not to mention putting folks out of a job and still not paying them. A disgrace. That’s who you have to feel sorry for, people who have nothing to do with County, are the real suffers in this. Whatever happened to common sense ?

Just shows how lucky we are with the Radfords.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:43 pm

adamstag wrote:Is there also now a point where if a club goes into admin it's passed on the following season?

Remember someone waiting to go into admin (maybe Boston?) as they waited to go down and then go into admin hoping it would go off that seasons total.

Edit - the 4th Thursday in March. If a club stays up it's taken from that season which means they could still go down and if the club goes down anyway they get it taken from you the next season

Got a feeling that was Ken Bates at Leeds?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum