{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Chris M » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

After a couple of weekends without defeat they are giving it large on their forum, sounding like Luton used to in the Conference. I don't mind admitting that I hate their vile club with a passion after horrible experiences with them in the past. Certainly stoking up a ferocious atmosphere for next week.

Referee will need to be stronger than a the frightened clown we had yesterday. Anyone know who it is yet?
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Let them give it large, i had it with a clownty fan last week at work crawling from under a rock to re-surface after the Lincoln draw ill have it even more after their win. They've now got a wheelbarrow again and we all know what happens to it in the end.

They will now no doubt come out in force on Saturday but let them it's their cup final, the week after will also be a cup final for them.

I dislike them because they've always looked down on us, but finishing above them 3 times out of the last 4 seasons suggests we are now on top. However I have made it perfectly clear to any clownty fan I'm happy if they survive if it means taking points off our rivals. They've helped us out with Lincoln and FGR, we returned the favour with Macclesfield.

If we win Saturday then we take full advantage of their generosity and if they continue to take points off teams around us I won't begrudge them staying up.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:24 pm

I’ve no desire to see them relegated. We’re gonna be short enough of local derbies. Of course, when we get promoted and leave them looking up at us in the league above, it just reinforces our bragging rights.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby StagsForLIFE » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Really think they'll stay up now, rejuvenated and some look like bottle jobs.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby spstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:52 pm

Also according to them they say we are in more debt than them!
I recall Alan Hardly saying they are losing 2.5 million a year ... not sure we are in more debt than that !
spstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:04 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:Really think they'll stay up now, rejuvenated and some look like bottle jobs.

I do as well, they’ve got a bit of momentum and the others involved are crap.

Yeovil and Morecambe don’t exactly seem to be giving it much.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Hate their fans with a passion. Hope they are down in the Evo Stick league within the next 3 seasons and never come back.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:38 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’ve no desire to see them relegated. We’re gonna be short enough of local derbies. Of course, when we get promoted and leave them looking up at us in the league above, it just reinforces our bragging rights.

Agreed I don't want them to go down , but really hope we go up :)
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:19 pm

Chris M wrote:After a couple of weekends without defeat they are giving it large on their forum, sounding like Luton used to in the Conference. I don't mind admitting that I hate their vile club with a passion after horrible experiences with them in the past. Certainly stoking up a ferocious atmosphere for next week.

Referee will need to be stronger than a the frightened clown we had yesterday. Anyone know who it is yet?

It'll be someone like Trevor kettle, seb Stockbridge or Eddie Ilderton. You can guarantee it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Might get a prem cast off as it’s fa cup weekend next weekend so they’ll be free
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:20 pm

It's got Darren Drysdale written all over it.

Keep checking here: https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competiti ... ointments/
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:I like to think I'm not a superstitious person, but I posted last time we played them, that I have a horrible feeling our great run against them will come to an end whist they have the worst side in their history and we are flying. Well once again I have that sickly feeling and so am posting it again, hoping we get the same result.

I've never felt nervous going into a game vs Notts. Partly because I don't actually care that much about them and partly because it's Notts. We don't lose to them.

Are you a young man, when I was a young man we always got tonked?

I've attended 15 Nottinghamshire derbies - W8, D7 :D

It's now nearly 14 years and 12 league games since they beat us. We've only lost once to them this century.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:47 am

ParisStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Big yella wrote:I like to think I'm not a superstitious person, but I posted last time we played them, that I have a horrible feeling our great run against them will come to an end whist they have the worst side in their history and we are flying. Well once again I have that sickly feeling and so am posting it again, hoping we get the same result.

I've never felt nervous going into a game vs Notts. Partly because I don't actually care that much about them and partly because it's Notts. We don't lose to them.

Are you a young man, when I was a young man we always got tonked?

I've attended 15 Nottinghamshire derbies - W8, D7 :D

It's now nearly 14 years and 12 league games since they beat us. We've only lost once to them this century.

Prior to this centrury we didn't beat them for 40 years. All runs come to an end at some point.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:29 am

At least they might put a fight up now ,I no do hate mis matches .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:34 am

wayno cordiniho wrote:Might get a prem cast off as it’s fa cup weekend next weekend so they’ll be free

Andre Mariner anyone?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:44 am

I remember us in 75-76 being awful up until around the same point of the season as Clownty are now and then went on an unbeaten run
till the end of the season. It can happen and t'Pies seem to have brought in some half decent lads. However we are where we are because we are better than half decent. It'll not be easy but if we play the 'football' we can and not try to lump stuff to the boys up front we should have too much for them.
First goal in the game will be massive.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby DazMondo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:26 pm

I have no real interest in County. Their fans have always been quite boring and they always lacked passion and the atmosphere created by their fans was always dismal. I have never thought of games against them as 'must see matches'.
I saw them once at Field Mill in the 80s and they bought about 2-3000 fans and they were going up, but it was the quietest away following for a group of that size i have ever witnessed. I have seen them at the Mill on three further occasions and they were still passionless.
I have only been twice to see the stags at mardy lane, because i am really not bothered about them. The last time was when Christie scored in injury time.
A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.
I saw them play Everton back in 83-84 and the wheelbarrow song was invented and sung by the Everton fans.
County lord it over us because they cannot handle being in Forests shadow. So stuff em. If they went down, it would be just another club going down, thats all.
Why do the two football teams I support always let me down.
DazMondo
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:32 pm

I hope Flitcroft knows what a derby victory means. We need it locally, but we need it to keep pace in the top 3.

Buzzing for it already!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:40 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:I hope Flitcroft knows what a derby victory means. We need it locally, but we need it to keep pace in the top 3.

Buzzing for it already!

Well he's beat Notts County at home, Chesterfield away and not lost to Lincoln in 2 league games so I'm sure he'll have them well motivated
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 pm

If he'd have lost to the sheep last season I doubt even Divine intervention would have saved his job. It was a game he could not lose, folk would never have forgiven him. Just ask Ollie what 'that miss' did to his standing as a Stags player, had he scored he'd have been Sir Ollie now. For DF Saturday is a must not lose game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Spiritater wrote:If he'd have lost to the sheep last season I doubt even Divine intervention would have saved his job. It was a game he could not lose, folk would never have forgiven him. Just ask Ollie what 'that miss' did to his standing as a Stags player, had he scored he'd have been Sir Ollie now. For DF Saturday is a must not lose game.

Methinks thou doth exagerateth somewhat.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:51 pm

DazMondo wrote:A trip to Nottingham is not a highlight for me, its a city that has a few good pubs and the odd good restaurant but thats it.

The Nottingham bar and restaurant scene is quality.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 pm

What are your fav pubs Paris?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:22 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulemansalim ... 4170226688

We need to sing this at the game

Obviously with stags instead of city :mtfc:
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amberheart » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:22 am

Nottsstag100 wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/Sulemansalim14/status/1095221214170226688

We need to sing this at the game

Obviously with stags instead of city :mtfc:

Like it :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum