{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby Ball » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:12 pm

Hello Mansfield fans!

Here is a match day video based around Newport County and Rodney Parade (similar to your match day moments series)

Sorry about the result, good luck in your next game against Notts County!

Link - https://youtu.be/pNlLWiJxMOQ
Ball
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:22 pm

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby stagone1959 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:16 pm

Hope your cabbages come up well on your ploughed field of a pitch,try investing some of your cup revenue on it !
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby ParisStag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:49 pm

stagone1959 wrote:Hope your cabbages come up well on your ploughed field of a pitch,try investing some of your cup revenue on it !


Why would they do that? The pitch suits their style of play. If their home form was as bad as their away form they'd go down so they've got to play set-piece football on a muddy field or they've had it. Fair play to them for doing what they have to. It's up to other teams to find an answer.
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:04 pm

Ball wrote:Hello Mansfield fans!

Here is a match day video based around Newport County and Rodney Parade (similar to your match day moments series)

Sorry about the result, good luck in your next game against Notts County!

Link - https://youtu.be/pNlLWiJxMOQ

Thanks for posting the footage.

Good luck in the cup. You are flying the flag for league 2.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5749
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:38 am

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:52 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Ball wrote:Hello Mansfield fans!

Here is a match day video based around Newport County and Rodney Parade (similar to your match day moments series)

Sorry about the result, good luck in your next game against Notts County!

Link - https://youtu.be/pNlLWiJxMOQ

Thanks for posting the footage.

Good luck in the cup. You are flying the flag for league 2.


But not for England, hope Manchester City score 10 :P
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Ball wrote:Hello Mansfield fans!

Here is a match day video based around Newport County and Rodney Parade (similar to your match day moments series)

Sorry about the result, good luck in your next game against Notts County!

Link - https://youtu.be/pNlLWiJxMOQ

Thanks for posting the footage.

Good luck in the cup. You are flying the flag for league 2.


But not for England, hope Manchester City score 10 :P



They're more English than Man City that's for sure. You're not usually so nationalistic FTS, long journey back?
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:56 pm

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Ball wrote:Hello Mansfield fans!

Here is a match day video based around Newport County and Rodney Parade (similar to your match day moments series)

Sorry about the result, good luck in your next game against Notts County!

Link - https://youtu.be/pNlLWiJxMOQ

Thanks for posting the footage.

Good luck in the cup. You are flying the flag for league 2.


But not for England, hope Manchester City score 10 :P



They're more English than Man City that's for sure. You're not usually so nationalistic FTS, long journey back?


Weirdly I quite like Manchester City, one of my mates is a long time City fan (long before the money came along) so I am enjoying their success, for the real fans who’ve had years and years of crap!

Plus I don’t really like Newport :lol:
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3199
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:40 am

ParisStag wrote:
stagone1959 wrote:Hope your cabbages come up well on your ploughed field of a pitch,try investing some of your cup revenue on it !


Why would they do that? The pitch suits their style of play. If their home form was as bad as their away form they'd go down so they've got to play set-piece football on a muddy field or they've had it. Fair play to them for doing what they have to. It's up to other teams to find an answer.




Unfair advantage, that's why plastic pitches are not allowed
stagone1959
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri May 03, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby gavinbrookes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:48 am

ParisStag wrote:
stagone1959 wrote:Hope your cabbages come up well on your ploughed field of a pitch,try investing some of your cup revenue on it !


Why would they do that? The pitch suits their style of play. If their home form was as bad as their away form they'd go down so they've got to play set-piece football on a muddy field or they've had it. Fair play to them for doing what they have to. It's up to other teams to find an answer.


I see your point, PS. However, if pitches like this increase risk of injury then they shouldn't be played on. Moreover, if this is what Newport have to do to stay up - that is, effectively prevent actual football from being played else they lose - then maybe they should go down. I don't keep up with the conference much these days but I am certain there will be at least a few teams who can play and so are more deserving than Newport of a spot in the FL.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1183
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby stag861 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:55 am

The ground is owned by the Rugby club. It's their responsibility to sort it out.
stag861
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:50 am

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby pemill » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 pm

I've always found Rodney Parade a decent ground to visit, relatively easy to get to but as with a lot of places parking is an issue.
The open end would be an issue if there was an over spill but that's never been a problem where we are concerned, even when we are 2nd in the league and on a good run.
Very nice bar in the away end, decent food and drink and seating not too bad.
OK the pitch is poor but I think they did remarkably well to get the game on considering the amount of rain in the days before - you can't blame Newport for us failing to adapt to the conditions.
pemill
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:32 am

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:27 pm

Good pitches, bad pitches, good weather, bad weather. Same for BOTH teams.
Not Much Matches Mansfield
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7374
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:22 pm

stagone1959 wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
stagone1959 wrote:Hope your cabbages come up well on your ploughed field of a pitch,try investing some of your cup revenue on it !


Why would they do that? The pitch suits their style of play. If their home form was as bad as their away form they'd go down so they've got to play set-piece football on a muddy field or they've had it. Fair play to them for doing what they have to. It's up to other teams to find an answer.




Unfair advantage, that's why plastic pitches are not allowed


So should clubs not be allowed to alter pitch length to suit their style of play either? Or should away teams be guaranteed 50% of the ground to be fair?
User avatar
ParisStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4944
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:13 pm
Location: Nottingham

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Mansfield Town

Postby gazza1988 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:25 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Good pitches, bad pitches, good weather, bad weather. Same for BOTH teams.

Except one team has multiple games worth of experience playing on it and the other team has just the 1 game to adapt to it.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5354
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham


Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BigGuy, bob ledgers barber, Martin Shaw, MTFCMusings, Sweden Stag, The Source, Woodclanger 1 and 24 guests