{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Newport game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Newport game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:00 am

brief highlights produced by EFL

video: Should Mansfield have had a penalty for a foul on CJ Hamilton at Newport?
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Newport game

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Yet to be convinced by Ajose. I'd personally rather see CJ up top.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:20 pm

Wow, nailed on for a penalty their player was nowhere near the ball, how the ahem ref has given it as s foul t'other way is scandalous. CJ CLEARLY gets the ball first and the welsh lad made contact with him not t'other way round.

On their goal, goodness gracious how much time did Wilmot have. He could've had an overnight camp on that spot he received the ball before picking his spot. We deserved to lose the game for not being alive to a simple ploy of a set piece. Really poor from us to be frank.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:40 pm

Homer
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:15 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Yet to be convinced by Ajose. I'd personally rather see CJ up top.

This.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Beyond The Pale » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 pm

That’s four very clear penalties in recent games that we haven’t been awarded.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Everyone is saying we should have closed the ball down when they scored, but all the Newport players were blocking our defenders, just like they did against Middlesbrough for their second goal.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:29 pm

part time pete wrote:Everyone is saying we should have closed the ball down when they scored, but all the Newport players were blocking our defenders, just like they did against Middlesbrough for their second goal.

True, but why did we leave such an open space on the edge of the box?

We had 2 players on one at the near post, both let him get away. We had 5 players marking 3 players in the middle. and 0 players withing 10 yards of a player on the edge of the box. The same guy who did exactly the same to Middlesborough in their previous game. No excuses for that.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:50 pm

On the penalty thing...I have noticed for a few seasons We hardly ever get awarded them home or away despite a ridiculous amount of candidates (good candidates at that!).

Other teams seem to get given them seemingly as an award for bringing the ball into the box and being approached by a defender, lincoln and County are the main ones...take a look at some of theirs it’s a real eye opener what they get them for! Stead the other day was as soft as they come

It’s probabl certain players that are good at conning refs I.e. Lawrence for us in the past but certainly frustrating when we get them waved away every week...I just wish refs would go back to basics and just look to uphold the rules in a black and white way...they seem to want to ‘guess’ / decide who’s dived etc...if a player is clean through and gets cleaned out in the box the ref can’t be that thick or lacking in football knowledge that they think he’s dived! Why would CJ have dived when 4foit away from goal with potentially a clear shot opportunity!

Has anyone hit any peno stats for this season, team by team?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:22 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:43 pm

S7AGS wrote:On the penalty thing...I have noticed for a few seasons We hardly ever get awarded them home or away despite a ridiculous amount of candidates (good candidates at that!).

Other teams seem to get given them seemingly as an award for bringing the ball into the box and being approached by a defender, lincoln and County are the main ones...take a look at some of theirs it’s a real eye opener what they get them for! Stead the other day was as soft as they come

It’s probabl certain players that are good at conning refs I.e. Lawrence for us in the past but certainly frustrating when we get them waved away every week...I just wish refs would go back to basics and just look to uphold the rules in a black and white way...they seem to want to ‘guess’ / decide who’s dived etc...if a player is clean through and gets cleaned out in the box the ref can’t be that thick or lacking in football knowledge that they think he’s dived! Why would CJ have dived when 4foit away from goal with potentially a clear shot opportunity!

https://statbunker.com/competitions/For ... omp_id=617
https://statbunker.com/competitions/Aga ... omp_id=617
MK and Lincoln have had 8 penalties each and scored 7 and 6 respectively. Notts have had 6 and scored 4. We’ve had 2 and scored them both. 7 of MKs penalties were at home!
We have conceded the least (equal) with just 1.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Beyond The Pale » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:52 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
S7AGS wrote:On the penalty thing...I have noticed for a few seasons We hardly ever get awarded them home or away despite a ridiculous amount of candidates (good candidates at that!).

https://statbunker.com/competitions/For ... omp_id=617
https://statbunker.com/competitions/Aga ... omp_id=617
MK and Lincoln have had 8 penalties each and scored 7 and 6 respectively. Notts have had 6 and scored 4. We’ve had 2 and scored them both. 7 of MKs penalties were at home!
We have conceded the least (equal) with just 1.

The club need to send the clips of the four we've not been awarded lately to the FA & Football League & ask the question, & also of the potential leg breaker on Tyler Walker & ask why it wasn't even a free kick.

Getting the correct decision is important at the best of times, but with where we are in the league it's imperative that the officials do their job fairly & correctly. A win at Forest Green & a draw at Newport would have seen us top of the league.
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum