{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Exiles scorefred sponsored by shut window

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:21 pm

scotsstag wrote:Thought you might. :roll:

Silly. So very silly.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:29 pm

More of your little trolling one line quips, excellent well done.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:23 pm

scotsstag wrote:More of your little trolling one line quips, excellent well done.

Appropriate length. You’re not worth any more.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:02 pm

The disappointment of defeat has not lasted long this weekend, less than 24 hours. Attention firmly on next weekend.

COME ON FLITCROFT GET US GOING.

COYS
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:17 pm

On reflection it wasn't our best game but we did play some neat football at times on a shocking pitch, it really is a throw back to the 70's, we could have got something from the game despite not being able to play football. The Ajose chance in the first minute may have come too early but it was a gift that could have changed the complexion of the game, he's trying too hard in my opinion, he really does need a couple of goals to get him in the groove.

No doubt in my mind they had done their homework on us with the corner routine that led to the goal, it was well worked and well taken.

We really need to take the game to Counteh next week, maybe spring a surprise with the team selection and formation.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Ajose's chance was a great chance to score ..... but given the state of the pitch .... just a slight bobble of 2 inches would make the difference between scoring a goal, or it going just over/wide of the goal. It is not all Ajose's fault and I doubt that Danny Rose would have done any better (although maybe Tyler Walker would have kept it down - but given the bobble, maybe not). I think we might need to give the player the benefit of the doubt with this one.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 pm

I think the last two goals that we have conceded have been from cleverly worked corners.
We need to make sure that we are properly man-marking everyone at corners (and this should all be part of the pre-match tactics).
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 am

Stags 2002 wrote:In the car, Pitch was extremely poor and did not suit our style of play, I will aim some criticism at Flitcroft as he got the starting line up completely wrong as was a game built from Rose to start. We where never going to be able to play football on that pitch.

Ref yet again was garbage and let Newport continually get away with time wasting, each time Day took a goal kick he took an age. Unfortunately the ref had no control.

Didn't really have a shot on target either, can totally understand why Newport win at home but have a poor away record.

Finally Jamille Matt you are a disgrace and lucky you started to walk away from the away end just before the linesman had spotted what you where doing.

You've got a pitch in your car? ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:14 am

Stafford wrote:
london amber stag wrote:What did Matt do?

Nothing, really. Some of our fans were hurling abuse at him, so he gave some back. Our fans then made a mountain out of a mole hill.

As they usually do. I remember when they were giving Bucko some stick & he gave some back, they were on here whining like bitches about it for weeks after :roll: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum