{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bury and Macclesfield - Financial Problems

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Bury and Macclesfield - Financial Problems

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:35 am

Bury and Macclesfield have clearly been having a few financial problems. Bury have had a winding up petition dismissed and Macclesfield's players have not been paid for January.

Why did Bury not sell Danny Mayor and Nicky Maynard in the transfer window? One of them was supposed to be going to Preston for more than a million in January.

Bury
"Bury have survived a winding-up order by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). HMRC had lodged a petition at the Insolvency and Companies Court seeking a winding-up order over an unpaid tax bill. However, the judge found that the debt owed by the Sky Bet League Two club had been paid. Businessman Steve Dale took over at Bury in December after previous chairman Stewart Day left Gigg Lane and his club will be back in court again on March 13 for another winding up hearing after it was revealed that two other companies are still owed money.

A statement on Bury’s official website said: ‘Following today’s news that a petition to wind up the club has been dismissed, Bury Football Club would like to assure supporters of the long-term future of the club. ‘The new board have openly discussed the financial situation they inherited from the previous ownership. This is something the chairman and his team have worked extremely hard on and hope to have the club financially stable and self sufficient as soon as possible. Today’s news acts as confirmation that the hard work is being recognised. We’d like to thank the fans for their continued loyal support and to continuing the great season we are currently enjoying."

Macclesfield
"Some members of the Macclesfield Town squad are yet to receive their wages for January, according to reports. BBC Radio Manchester claim that those members of the Silkmen squad who have not yet been paid for last month have approached the Professional Footballers' Association (PFA) in a bid to help resolve the situation. A statement from the Moss Rose outfit to the BBC said: "We are aware two members of staff are not yet in receipt of their January salary and we are working hard to resolve this as soon as possible." Around the same time last year, the club's majority shareholder Amar Alkadhi confirmed that a technical issue was behind a late payment for players and staff last season, which led to an 'unreserved apology' for all those who were affected.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47158587

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47158587
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Bury and Macclesfield - Financial Problems

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:13 am

My dislike for Bury is only just behind that of the Sheep dippers.
Perennial bucket shakers
Always living beyond their means.

Hate em
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Bros » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:16 am

I wonder if the Macclesfield manager has been paid
Nunc est bibendum
Bros
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby amber63 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:50 am

Some have short memories, we were fortunate at the eleventh hour in the shape of a fairy godfather in JR. Other teams have not been so fortunate. If some of the billions earned by SKY etc., was diverted down the leagues the whole league setup would be better for clubs, players and supporters. EFA Football is an elitist sport where all but a small minority of clubs struggle to survive and are always a bad season away from obscurity, let's have some compassion and empathy for our fellow clubs in the lower leagues.
amber63
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:20 am

amber63 wrote:Some have short memories, we were fortunate at the eleventh hour in the shape of a fairy godfather in JR. Other teams have not been so fortunate. If some of the billions earned by SKY etc., was diverted down the leagues the whole league setup would be better for clubs, players and supporters. EFA Football is an elitist sport where all but a small minority of clubs struggle to survive and are always a bad season away from obscurity, let's have some compassion and empathy for our fellow clubs in the lower leagues.

Aye but we had a chairman which bled us dry and left us with nothing - it's completely different to a chairman spending wages well beyond their means - Bury should be a member of labour - constant boom and bust
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:56 pm

amber63 wrote:Some have short memories, we were fortunate at the eleventh hour in the shape of a fairy godfather in JR. Other teams have not been so fortunate. If some of the billions earned by SKY etc., was diverted down the leagues the whole league setup would be better for clubs, players and supporters. EFA Football is an elitist sport where all but a small minority of clubs struggle to survive and are always a bad season away from obscurity, let's have some compassion and empathy for our fellow clubs in the lower leagues.

I agree. Bolton Wanderers also in a financial mess.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:My dislike for Bury is only just behind that of the Sheep dippers.
Perennial bucket shakers

I like what you did there :lol: ;)
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny Rotten » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Bros wrote:I wonder if the Macclesfield manager has been paid

After the Counteh / Munto Finance I think it was debacle Sol should be used to these kinds of shenanigans
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:31 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:My dislike for Bury is only just behind that of the Sheep dippers.
Perennial bucket shakers
Always living beyond their means.

Hate em

This.

I remember when they played Blackpool not long back they had banners with “Oyston In” etc
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:42 pm

Johnny Rotten wrote:
Perennial bucket shakers

Yes. It made me Gigg le
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:49 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Johnny Rotten wrote:
Perennial bucket shakers

Yes. It made me Gigg le

Bury your head towey !!
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Ditto . Even when clubs have been badly managed it's the true supporters I feel for.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MOTG » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 pm

Bros wrote:I wonder if the Macclesfield manager has been paid

Sol must be worth a bob or two and the job is probably just his pocket money :lol:
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum