{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Amber & Blue song

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Amber & Blue song

Postby Big yella » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:12 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:My main gripe with it is, it's Elvis raspberrying Presley and it's a flipping dirge.

Steve has done great things for MTFC, punching Haslam being one, but this is criminal. We'd so mock anyone else who did this, a bit of me dies every time I hear it.

Sung well it is a brilliant song, and one which we could call our own, like Mull of Kyntyre, YNWA, Hi ho Sheffield Wednesday , Glad all over, etc. I remember the Liverpool game when we sang it, that did bring up the hairs on the back of your neck.
Sweet Caroline is for boxing.
Why would we mock anyone else for singing it?
What would be great at County is one of those giant flags going across the stand.

A Giant flag would look awesome , I always envy the other teams fans that have them
Last time I remember us having one is Blackpool away 2003 ? A massive Amber & blue chequered flag that went missing in later years

I left in a pub, whilst a little worse for wear.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Big yella wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:My main gripe with it is, it's Elvis raspberrying Presley and it's a flipping dirge.

Steve has done great things for MTFC, punching Haslam being one, but this is criminal. We'd so mock anyone else who did this, a bit of me dies every time I hear it.

Sung well it is a brilliant song, and one which we could call our own, like Mull of Kyntyre, YNWA, Hi ho Sheffield Wednesday , Glad all over, etc. I remember the Liverpool game when we sang it, that did bring up the hairs on the back of your neck.
Sweet Caroline is for boxing.
What would be great at County is one of those giant flags going across the stand.

A Giant flag would look awesome , I always envy the other teams fans that have them
Last time I remember us having one is Blackpool away 2003 ? A massive Amber & blue chequered flag that went missing in later years

I left in a pub, whilst a little worse for wear.

Aww no that's a shame , I loved that flag :cry
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:49 pm

[
What would be great at County is one of those giant flags going across the stand.[/quote]
Last time I remember us having one is Blackpool away 2003 ? A massive Amber & blue chequered flag that went missing in later years[/quote]
I left in a pub, whilst a little worse for wear.[/quote][/quote]
Aww no that's a shame , I loved that flag :cry:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum