{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm

Apparently according to Notts fans the stewards and plod will be inspecting all fans hands as they enter the Home stands. All those with 6 fingers will be refused entry.
Last edited by Spiritater on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20206
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby frt1987 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Struggling to understand why you would build a stand with a capacity to seat 5000 and then build an accompanying concourse only big enough to accommodate 4000?
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:22 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby MTFCMAD » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:16 pm

frt1987 wrote:Struggling to understand why you would build a stand with a capacity to seat 5000 and then build an accompanying concourse only big enough to accommodate 4000?


HSE regulations have probably changed since the Stand was built.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:28 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Random Hero » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 pm

MTFC sharing supporters information with Notts County FC would be a major breach of GDPR.

I call bullshit.
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:19 pm

It was originally a home stand the JS was so I think they'd have been thinking it'd probably be full of old doderers who would take an age to get out anyway so no crushes were envisaged.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 20206
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: Somewhere fluffy.

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Chris M » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Having attended many Bedwetter local derbies in recent years it would seem that there is far more chance that the home fans will start fighting amongst themselves than with us!
User avatar
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1185
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby crazystagdad » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:28 pm

data protection law comes to mind?
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Random Hero » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:35 pm

crazystagdad wrote:data protection law comes to mind?


Absolutely. Both clubs could be in very hot water if this has actually happened. It would be interesting to read the small print when signing up for Stags Tickets...

Whether it's in the small print or not, I would be VERY disappointed if our club had shared our fans data with Notts! :evil:
Last edited by Random Hero on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Random Hero
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2294
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:35 pm
Location: The wrong side of the M1

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby julianshatnasty » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:38 pm

Random Hero wrote:MTFC sharing supporters information with Notts County FC would be a major breach of GDPR.

I call bullshit.


This depends on the T&Cs when you register for Stags home tickets I imagine?
julianshatnasty
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:23 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Foggy » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm

In another email I received from Notts they say we were given 4,300 tickets because it matched our average home crowds.Now it's a safety issue? make your mind up Notts
User avatar
Foggy
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:07 am

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:56 pm

Foggy wrote:In another email I received from Notts they say we were given 4,300 tickets because it matched our average home crowds.Now it's a safety issue? make your mind up Notts


Good job Wembley didn't use their policy when they got there in previous play offs :lol: :roll: :roll:
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6235
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby MansfieldMick » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Foggy wrote:In another email I received from Notts they say we were given 4,300 tickets because it matched our average home crowds.Now it's a safety issue? make your mind up Notts


Then why were Lincoln given the same amount when their average home crowds are around 9000???
MansfieldMick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Billy the fish » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:10 pm

crazystagdad wrote:data protection law comes to mind?


Scare mongering at best Sag and the plod have to be seen doing something to deter Stags fans from buying tickets in the home ends .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby StagsForLIFE » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:11 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
crazystagdad wrote:data protection law comes to mind?


Scare mongering at best Sag and the plod have to be seen doing something to deter Stags fans from buying tickets in the home ends .

Depends on the terms and conditions I guess, I'm not sure because I haven't read them but there has definitely been these scenarios with other clubs which would lead me to think somewhere in there clubs may be able to communicate with eachother in accordance with the police in the interest of safety. I mean I'm purely guessing at that but might be how they were aware.
StagsForLIFE
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:25 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby bigalstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 pm

I am asking the club for full details of what data they supplied to Notts County. I personally did not give MTFC consent to pass GPDR details onto another body and I want to know why they have done so (I have tickets in away end).
bigalstag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 752
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:39 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:52 pm

At the risk of repeating myself if the police deem it a 'risk' they can tell the clubs to share data. Like I said before, the club gave Alan Meale access to all the season ticket holders including their addresses etc & we all saw how that turned out (see my previous post). I bet that was against the law but they still did it.

It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

My absolute favourite though is when people post that thing on Facebook which says something like "I do not give Facebook permission to use my details, photos... etc" when they've shared everything on..........Facebook! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dave Wayne » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:00 pm

Dan wrote:It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

It'd nothing new either, we are just more aware of it now.
I once went for a job interview and the job basically entailed cutting and pasting people's personal information on microfiche (wonder how many youngsters are scratching their heads at that ? :lol: ) for selling on to companies for targetted mailshots. This was in 1988 !!
Dave Wayne
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 793
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Dan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:04 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

It'd nothing new either, we are just more aware of it now.
I once went for a job interview and the job basically entailed cutting and pasting people's personal information on microfiche (wonder how many youngsters are scratching their heads at that ? :lol: ) for selling on to companies for targetted mailshots. This was in 1988 !!


Blimey we used to have that when I worked at Experian in the late 90's!

People would be horrified if they realised just how easy it was to see their private details (especially bank details!).
Dan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7162
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Sneag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:40 am

Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

It'd nothing new either, we are just more aware of it now.
I once went for a job interview and the job basically entailed cutting and pasting people's personal information on microfiche (wonder how many youngsters are scratching their heads at that ? :lol: ) for selling on to companies for targetted mailshots. This was in 1988 !!


Blimey we used to have that when I worked at Experian in the late 90's!

People would be horrified if they realised just how easy it was to see their private details (especially bank details!).


Of course, in this situation loads of people posting 'right then it's the home end for me' on public access forums made it very obvious what they were doing and the plod/SAG/NCFC then had to be seen to be doing something.

Sometimes kids, cash is still king and you don't need to post every thought you have on social media.
Logic is lost in your cranial abatoir,
Shallow empty inside,
Sly witted and full of snide.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8168
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:41 pm
Location: King Solomon he never lived `round here

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:52 am

Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

It'd nothing new either, we are just more aware of it now.
I once went for a job interview and the job basically entailed cutting and pasting people's personal information on microfiche (wonder how many youngsters are scratching their heads at that ? :lol: ) for selling on to companies for targetted mailshots. This was in 1988 !!


Blimey we used to have that when I worked at Experian in the late 90's!

People would be horrified if they realised just how easy it was to see their private details (especially bank details!).


Of course, in this situation loads of people posting 'right then it's the home end for me' on public access forums made it very obvious what they were doing and the plod/SAG/NCFC then had to be seen to be doing something.

Sometimes kids, cash is still king and you don't need to post every thought you have on social media.



Totally agree with all four comments above, despite the advance in technology people really do appear to get dumber. Those who's lives are governed by Facebook, Instagram, Linked in , Twitter etc etc, who then claim to want privacy need their heads looking at.
Without wanting to come across as a conspiracy theorist, everything you do now on social media is monitored and in the case of smartphones etc, listened to. Siri, Alexa.....
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby london amber stag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:10 pm

Sneag wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:It always amuses me that people go all shocked when people share their information. If you seriously think that people aren't sharing your details then you are being extremely naive. Why do you think you get spam emails, dodgy phonecalls from firms you've never heard of etc? People sell your email address, mobile numbers to each other without you even knowing which is why all these things happen.

It'd nothing new either, we are just more aware of it now.
I once went for a job interview and the job basically entailed cutting and pasting people's personal information on microfiche (wonder how many youngsters are scratching their heads at that ? :lol: ) for selling on to companies for targetted mailshots. This was in 1988 !!


Spot on post, some on Facebook have openly stated they have bought tickets in the home stand, not difficult to track them down!
Blimey we used to have that when I worked at Experian in the late 90's!

People would be horrified if they realised just how easy it was to see their private details (especially bank details!).


Of course, in this situation loads of people posting 'right then it's the home end for me' on public access forums made it very obvious what they were doing and the plod/SAG/NCFC then had to be seen to be doing something.

Sometimes kids, cash is still king and you don't need to post every thought you have on social media.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
User avatar
london amber stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:16 pm
Location: Bromley Kent

Re: Notts tickets (extra 328 tickets) Sold Out

Postby Bridgford Stag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:43 pm

[quote="Rob"]I think that's the capacity issue explained, perhaps they could have done that at the outset? Not sure how they can stop folk who have a Notts fan as a mate getting tickets ;)[/quote]

Couldn't possibly comment....... ;)

ps I think my user name still masks my true identity....unless my County fan 'Kevin' (but not his real name Notts CID) shops me :roll:

pps...just the rebel in me I know
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:03 pm

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests