{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Amber & Blue song

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Amber & Blue song

Postby Rob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:33 pm

ParisStag wrote:Here are the lyrics, from what I can work out...

When no one else can understand me (yellows, yellows)
When everything I do is wrong (yellows, yellows)
You give me hope and consolation (yellows, yellows)
You give me strength to carry on.
And (we're??) always there to lend a hand in everything I do
Cause' we're amber....we're amber and blue!

And when you score the world is brighter (yellows, yellows)
You put one in and I'm a king (yellows, yellows)
My club to me is worth a fortune (yellows, yellows)
(inaudible) to me is everything.
I guess I'll never know the reason why I love you like I do
Cause' we're amber....we're amber and blue!

Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen, have a safe journey home, now pass me mi fags and pint of bitter :lol:

It's probably just me!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:09 pm

The worst song I’ve ever heard us sing.

Amber and blue then everyone chants Yellows...
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The worst song I’ve ever heard us sing.

This. It's cringey.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:16 pm

Bring the the classics.

Wise men sing and Mansfield from the mill.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:59 pm

As a kid I loved one man went to mow.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Dan wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:My main gripe with it is, it's Elvis raspberrying Presley and it's a flipping dirge.

Steve has done great things for MTFC, punching Haslam being one, but this is criminal. We'd so mock anyone else who did this, a bit of me dies every time I hear it.

Sung well it is a brilliant song, and one which we could call our own, like Mull of Kyntyre, YNWA, Hi ho Sheffield Wednesday , Glad all over, etc. I remember the Liverpool game when we sang it, that did bring up the hairs on the back of your neck.
Sweet Caroline is for boxing.
Why would we mock anyone else for singing it?
What would be great at County is one of those giant flags going across the stand.

Why?

Perhaps I should have made it clearer, it is associated with the big boxing events Dan, I just feel that Amber & Blue is very much our own and if sung well sounds great.

Ah get you. I hear it a lot at Championship grounds at full time. Bolton & Reading are two I've heard it at a few times.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:28 pm

gazza1988 wrote:As a kid I loved one man went to mow.

But weren't we just copying Chelski? Let's have at least one original song for t'club, but not YELLOWS though.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 pm

Spiritater wrote:

But weren't we just copying Chelski? Let's have at least one original song for t'club, but not YELLOWS though.

No idea, don't follow Chelsea. Don't really care to be honest...... Does it matter?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Staggyfox » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

No idea, don't follow Chelsea. Don't really care to be honest...... Does it matter?

Yep...it’s a Chelsea song...I remember them singing it when we drew them in the cup back in the eighties.....they had the bishop st stand as well as the QLE......they all stood up when they got to ten men went to mow.....the volume increased tenfold and they scored to make it 2-1....I think even the stags players stopped, wondering what was happening when they got to ten men went to mow.....
Staggyfox
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Staggyfox wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Yep...it’s a Chelsea song...I remember them singing it when we drew them in the cup back in the eighties.....they had the bishop st stand as well as the QLE......they all stood up when they got to ten men went to mow.....the volume increased tenfold and they scored to make it 2-1....I think even the stags players stopped, wondering what was happening when they got to ten men went to mow.....

Didn't know they had the copyright over it. Who owns the copyright to "come on you ......"? loads of teams do that one.

As far as I know the only original one we do is CJ's chant to Scooter. Can we only sing that now?
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby KirkbyStag2 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:46 pm

Spiritater wrote:

A barrel of the best ;)
Champions 1974-75, 1976-77, 2012-13

Freight Rover Trophy Winners 1986-87
KirkbyStag2
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 pm

James wrote:
Richard Cranium wrote:The worst song I’ve ever heard us sing.

This. It's cringey.

ONE MILLION PERCENT THIS.

Away fans call us every name under the sun. The fact we want to sing a song where we can't even understand what colour we actually play in makes their opinion of us being m0ngs look perfectly valid.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:51 pm

Mansfield Magic, 2019 version.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Trenam » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:28 pm

Brilliant song cut out the yellows,it’s o-o-o put the words on the screen,while your singing hold up your scarves above your head what a sight and sound to be picked by the cameras,perhaps the club could cut the cost of the scarves and season ticket holders free ones. 1946/47 stag man and boy :coys:
Trenam
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:23 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Didn't know they had the copyright over it. Who owns the copyright to "come on you ......"? loads of teams do that one.

As far as I know the only original one we do is CJ's chant to Scooter. Can we only sing that now?

I dunno who holds the copyright, but we are the only fans I know that can't get the tune right.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:31 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Staggyfox wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Not original either, C****c sing it for Scott Sinclair
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 am

Trenam wrote:Brilliant song cut out the yellows,it’s o-o-o put the words on the screen,while your singing hold up your scarves above your head what a sight and sound to be picked by the cameras,perhaps the club could cut the cost of the scarves and season ticket holders free ones. 1946/47 stag man and boy :coys:

I love that idea . In the 70s & 80s we used to sing you'll never walk alone , the sea of scarves looked an awesome sight .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Wilfred » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 am

The ditty I sing privately, well to Mrs Wilf and the dog, is to the tune of La Bamba.

Blue and Amber
Ber ber ber ber ber ber
Blue and Amber
Ber ber ber ber ber ber ......
Pessimists are never disappointed.
Wilfred
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:12 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Trenam wrote:Brilliant song cut out the yellows,it’s o-o-o put the words on the screen,while your singing hold up your scarves above your head what a sight and sound to be picked by the cameras,perhaps the club could cut the cost of the scarves and season ticket holders free ones. 1946/47 stag man and boy :coys:

I love that idea . In the 70s & 80s we used to sing you'll never walk alone , the sea of scarves looked an awesome sight .

They did indeed look impressive, I wonder if there are any images of that time.

As for the 'Yellows Yellows ', I get it completely when we sing Amber and Blue, perhaps Mansfield Mansfield al la Spiritater.

As an aside, Cambridge play in Amber and were shouting yellows yellows at Mardy Lane recently, so we aren't alone it seems
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yaxhamstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:26 pm

Staggyfox wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

Funnily enough, I was thinking about the one man went to mow song the other day. Seem to remember we sung it quite a bit in the 90s on away days....always great when you got to 10....needs a revival at Medder Lane....
A careful man tries to dodge the bullets, while a happy man takes a walk
yaxhamstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:01 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

As for the 'Yellows Yellows ', I get it completely when we sing Amber and Blue, perhaps Mansfield Mansfield al la Spiritater.

As an aside, Cambridge play in Amber and were shouting yellows yellows at Mardy Lane recently, so we aren't alone it seems

I do this every match (as occasionally seen in fans galleries) and wish people would join in. It would look great.
I’m also a fan of scarf twirling. I know it sounds a bit sad but everyone used to do it in the 70’s and 80’s and the Spanish do it well now.
It doesn’t bother me that we sing yellows and amber in the same song. Amber is just a shade of yellow (officially midway between pure yellow and orange) and our’s is quite yellow compared with other clubs that wear amber.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:34 pm

We need to adopt Colours by Donovan (just change the Yellow to Amber :lol: ) . It's very simple and made for us.

Amber is the colour of my true love's shirts,
In the morning, when we rise,
In the morning, when we rise.
That's the time, that's the time,
I love the Stags.

Repeat/Repeat/Repeat

(or add 2nd verse)

Blue's the colour of my true love's shorts
In the morning, when we rise
In the morning, when we rise
That's the time, that's the time
I love the Stags

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:57 pm

Wilfred wrote:The ditty I sing privately, well to Mrs Wilf and the dog, is to the tune of La Bamba.

Blue and Amber
Ber ber ber ber ber ber
Blue and Amber
Ber ber ber ber ber ber ......

Has she hit you with a rolling pin yet, has the dog looked at you in a puzzled way and begun to snarl? :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:01 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

They also sing AMBER ARMY.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:13 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

I do this every match (as occasionally seen in fans galleries) and wish people would join in. It would look great.
I’m also a fan of scarf twirling. I know it sounds a bit sad but everyone used to do it in the 70’s and 80’s and the Spanish do it well now.
It doesn’t bother me that we sing yellows and amber in the same song. Amber is just a shade of yellow (officially midway between pure yellow and orange) and our’s is quite yellow compared with other clubs that wear amber.

No, no, no, no, no, blasphemy upon blasphemy. In the Mansfield way of thinking yellow is just a shade of AMBER. A proud deep vibrant colour that is worn by our heroes on the battlefield that is t'pitch. We carry the banners emblazoned with the FAMOUS AMBER as we back our boys. It doesn't have the same ring with a colour the same hue as somat the cat's sicked all over the living room carpet, ie yellow.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum