{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League Two key pass kings

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League Two key pass kings

Postby d3d4 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:12 pm

Hi all,

I wrote this article about League Two play-makers. I thought it might be of interest to you...hope you enjoy.

http://d3d4football.com/the-top-10-key-pass-kings-in-league-two-this-season-so-far/

Thanks
James
d3d4
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: League Two key pass kings

Postby wayno cordiniho » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:20 pm

Not sure why that site doesn’t work on mobiles... can only see half the article
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:26 pm

d3d4 wrote:Hi all,

I wrote this article about League Two play-makers. I thought it might be of interest to you...hope you enjoy.

http://d3d4football.com/the-top-10-key-pass-kings-in-league-two-this-season-so-far/

Thanks
James

Spot on about Mellis, though to be fair, I'd look half decent playing alongside the Bish!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tel » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Won't read anything they print after that garbage they put out after the Carlisle game.
Tel
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby 8th Notts » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:31 pm

No Lincoln players?
8th Notts
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:38 pm

8th Notts wrote:No Lincoln players?

I don't think a hoof from the back counts.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby healthclub » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:44 pm

Tel wrote:Won't read anything they print after that garbage they put out after the Carlisle game.

Come on, they are supporting league two and trying to promote lower league football, they need your support.

Good read James and well done with d3d4! I enjoy listening on a Sunday evening.
healthclub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm

healthclub wrote:
Tel wrote:Won't read anything they print after that garbage they put out after the Carlisle game.

Come on, they are supporting league two and trying to promote lower league football, they need your support.

This.

I think it’s a decent read/listen and fair play to them for focussing in League 1 & 2. Can’t say you aren’t looking at something due to one bad artice you didn’t agree with, you’d never read or watch anything again!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:21 pm

healthclub wrote:

Agree, it’s good to have people put focus on the lower leagues. There’s so much on the Premier League which is pretty boring to be honest.

Always a good listen too, they know their stuff about the teams in our league in the main.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:37 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
healthclub wrote:

Agree, it’s good to have people put focus on the lower leagues. There’s so much on the Premier League which is pretty boring to be honest.

Always a good listen too, they know their stuff about the teams in our league in the main.

Did anyone watch the West Ham v Liverpool game last night? It was horrid and soporific. Give me the lower leagues any day.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:51 pm

My mum's nieghbour (see lives in Woodhouse) reckons he's a man u fan (like so many others).
A friend of his had a spare ticket and took him to see the might Stags a couple of weeks ago.
Since then Hes not stopped raving about how good the football is we're playing.
says it all really....
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BH_Stag » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
healthclub wrote:

Did anyone watch the West Ham v Liverpool game last night? It was horrid and soporific. Give me the lower leagues any day.

Too many teams in the Prem that seem to have reached their ceiling. The top 6 are that strong that realistically a good season for most clubs is finishing midtable, it just leads to poor games in my opinion too often, and must be pretty dull for fans of some teams once the novelty of playing the big sides every season has worn off.

You can pretty much predict the Premier league table every season, whereas in the EFL not many would have had Norwich top, Luton top over the likes of Sunderland, or County bottom. Much more interesting in my opinion.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby healthclub » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Exactly, I was slightly disappointed with the attendance on Saturday. We should be filling our stadium with these superb offers. Mansfield should be every local kids number one team. Bring
A friend offer would and should definitely fill it, the passionate 4,000 loyal fans will definitely push us towards full capacity with that type offer. We are a team on a positive wave like Luton and Lincoln but the attendance is a little disappointing from the Mansfield folk.

I know James is looking for someone from Mansfield to do match reports, I think it’s a great job for a young student passionate about the Stags!
healthclub
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby The One » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:50 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
healthclub wrote:

No cos it was played on Monday night :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:12 pm

healthclub wrote:Exactly, I was slightly disappointed with the attendance on Saturday. We should be filling our stadium with these superb offers. Mansfield should be every local kids number one team. Bring
A friend offer would and should definitely fill it, the passionate 4,000 loyal fans will definitely push us towards full capacity with that type offer. We are a team on a positive wave like Luton and Lincoln but the attendance is a little disappointing from the Mansfield folk.

I know James is looking for someone from Mansfield to do match reports, I think it’s a great job for a young student passionate about the Stags!

The problem is, we see it from a Mansfield Town Fan point of view, and not that of local kids or people that don't support the team. We've had years of basement football and it's only been the last season where we've started to make substantial progress. However, that doesn't change the minds of people from the last 10 years of raspberry football. We're building something here and the run in will see our crowds swell.

It takes time, we build up that youth connection more and we'll get there. Lincoln have an insane uni population, and naff all around them regarding football for ATLEAST an hours drive and we're geographically the second nearest league team to them.

AND it's not seen as a cool thing to do. The bring a friend offer will be fantastic (if we did one) or a nominal fee of a quid.
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:52 pm

wayno cordiniho wrote:Not sure why that site doesn’t work on mobiles... can only see half the article

Turn your phone sideways and flip it into landscape :lol:
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:48 pm

The One wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
healthclub wrote:

No cos it was played on Monday night :D

I’ve got an old telly!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum