{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stags sign Willem Tomlinson

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Stags sign Willem Tomlinson

Postby Spiritater » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:34 pm

I wonder whether he'll ton out for t'reserves at Rotherham tomorrow? I reckon I'll go for a butchers.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:35 pm

Stoney wrote:Who do we drop though? We have so much quality in midfield it's unreal. I can't see Macca getting a sniff and that speaks volumes as I really rate him.

What a position we are in. We all deserve these amazing times after sticking with our club during the dark days.

Nobody gets dropped, it’s all about having good depth for a crucial period. Bishop will be suspended soon so somebody will have to step up in midfield! Never know what’s round the corner with injuries and suspensions.

Our bench now has Logan, Turner, Khan, Jones, Rose, Tomlinson, and Macca coming back - that’s very strong all of a sudden. Completely agree, in a great place, let’s make it count now with that promotion!
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:49 pm

Just completed the jigsaw in my eyes to ensure there is cover when required through suspension or injury . Blackburn manager Tony Mowbray highly rated him but he wasn't getting game time. States will be a championship player and will be courted if playing in league 1and. 2. The management team at the Stags look like they pipped Exeter to the post. LET THE GAMES COMMENCE AND THE BATTLES BEGIN.
Last edited by Berryhillstagno1 on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Dan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Just completed the jigsaw in my eyes to ensure there is cover when required through suspension or injury . Middlesborough manager Tony Mowbray highly rated him but he wasn't getting game time. States will be a championship player and will be courted if playing in league 1and. 2. The management team at the Stags look like they pipped Exeter to the post. LET THE GAMES COMMENCE AND THE BATTLES BEGIN.

Not been there for years ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Re: What’s going on tonight ?

Postby georgefostersbeard » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:02 pm

Spiritater wrote:Feel sorry for the YT lads now who are trying to make it, they're being overlooked imo.

I am not certain that they are ready for playing first team at such an important time of the season without many games already under their belt
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:02 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
Stoney wrote:Who do we drop though? We have so much quality in midfield it's unreal. I can't see Macca getting a sniff and that speaks volumes as I really rate him.

What a position we are in. We all deserve these amazing times after sticking with our club during the dark days.

Nobody gets dropped, it’s all about having good depth for a crucial period. Bishop will be suspended soon so somebody will have to step up in midfield! Never know what’s round the corner with injuries and suspensions.

Our bench now has Logan, Turner, Khan, Jones, Rose, Tomlinson, and Macca coming back - that’s very strong all of a sudden. Completely agree, in a great place, let’s make it count now with that promotion!

Close, but we have to have someone from the youth team on the bench efl rules. So law or smith will still be in.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Just completed the jigsaw in my eyes to ensure there is cover when required through suspension or injury . Middlesborough manager Tony Mowbray highly rated him but he wasn't getting game time. States will be a championship player and will be courted if playing in league 1and. 2. The management team at the Stags look like they pipped Exeter to the post. LET THE GAMES COMMENCE AND THE BATTLES BEGIN.

We clearly have done, they've got an 8 page thread on him and have been talking about him joining since 22nd December :D
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:

We clearly have done, they've got an 8 page thread on him and have been talking about him joining since 22nd December :D

which message board i cannot see one, you gotta link to it please?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby mousemousemouse » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:16 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:

which message board i cannot see one, you gotta link to it please?

http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread ... nson/page9

The comments have been around him coming to us only because we threw money at him. Maybe the because we're chasing promotion and development of players swayed him a little too
mousemousemouse
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks for sharing the link for Yorkshire stag mouse.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Wasn’t expecting another signing to be honest, but feels as though with this signing, he’s one for the future.

Must have best midfield in League Two.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:00 pm

For the first time ever we are an attractive proposition for players. We play football, we develop players "cast off" by the "Bigger boys" of football. Players look at CJ courting a £1m price tag. They see us 2nd with only 3 defeats. The see us having one of the meanest defences in English professional football. They see our new training facilities.

This tomlinson lad may not be quite the finished article but Bish won't be around forever, no matter how many times it seems he will be still playing at 50!
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:01 pm

So, does this mean that Willem is "Luke" to Bishop's "Yoda"? :lol:
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:54 am

gazza1988 wrote:For the first time ever we are an attractive proposition for players. We play football, we develop players "cast off" by the "Bigger boys" of football. Players look at CJ courting a £1m price tag. They see us 2nd with only 3 defeats. The see us having one of the meanest defences in English professional football. They see our new training facilities.

This tomlinson lad may not be quite the finished article but Bish won't be around forever, no matter how many times it seems he will be still playing at 50!

So much of that is down to Flitcroft.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Willem Tomlinson

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:21 am

The Source wrote:Announced by the club now

Looks a bit like a young Neil Bishop to me
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:03 am

ParisStag wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:For the first time ever we are an attractive proposition for players. We play football, we develop players "cast off" by the "Bigger boys" of football. Players look at CJ courting a £1m price tag. They see us 2nd with only 3 defeats. The see us having one of the meanest defences in English professional football. They see our new training facilities.

So much of that is down to Flitcroft.

Biggest is JR and money.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:22 am

Good signing. welcome to Mansfield Town Willem
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:34 am

Never heard of him but welcome and glad we got in before Exeter, mind u we are nearer Blackburn than Exeter geographically so this must have been a deciding factor.
CR and DF on fire with signings currently after slow start to the proceedings and maybe planning for next season already.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:37 am

Great signing although don't know the player at all but if he has played some games for Blackburn that's good enough for me.
Exeter too far away geographically no doubt so guess that's why he is happier maybe to be here.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:58 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Stoney » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 am

He has said in his interview that he was on his way to sign for another club (presumably Exeter) when he got the call from Flitcroft and he changed his mind straight away!
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:31 am

They only offered him a 6 month contract, instead of our 18 month deal. So I imagine that, our facilities, the progression of our young players, and the geography were deciding factors. So easy for opposition fans to claim we threw money at him, when in reality you look at that and he'd be stupid to sign for Exeter.
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:53 am

I am liking the sounds of the new signing already. Here is what the local Blackburn reporter has to say about him. Sounds like a shoot-on-sight from any distance all-action midfielder who Rovers still believe will play Championship level again.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9576394
Last edited by Chadman on Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am

Who is Ben Tomlinson, Chad?
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Rob » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:01 pm

Chadman wrote:I am liking the sounds of the new signing already. Here is what the local Blackburn reporter has to say about him. Sounds like a shoot-on-sight from any distance all-action midfielder who Rovers still believe will play Championship level again.

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9576394

Sounds very good indeed, though I think we should all club together to get him some new jeans, must have been a pretty bad fall to have done all that damage!
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum