{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:52 am

stagmanrob wrote:Remember when Evans signed loads of players, and before him when we had Reg signing 3 a week?
It seemed to take a good 10 games or so for them all to gel and look anywhere near to being a team....in Reg's case we never gelled because there was always someone new coming in.

All their new players need to hit the ground running, and I just can't see them getting out of it.

Reg seems to be still doing that up at Carlisle. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am

Doyle will make the difference for them.He is a quality signing for this league.38 apparently older than Bishop.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 am

As much as I hate to say this but Notts could do us a favour by beating Lincoln.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:37 am

Or even drawing
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:53 am

I highly doubt it but I would love for County to win today, It'd be more difficult if it was the non-league minnows across the M1 but im not bothered enough about County.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:59 am

Spiritater wrote:Or even drawing

Draw would be good all round
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:25 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Yeah. They'll improve, but they won't escape.

will they improve though?
still got the same failing management structure, ardley is hardly pulling up trees there (or at his previous job), half the team will still be the dross that has go them to the dizzy heights of 24th, and some of the teams around them are now beginning to improve, so even IF clownty improve it needs all the other teams to fall back.
at this stage of the season, that's a tall order.
however, it would be nice to see them sneak a win over the chimps, just to give them that superiority complex back for a few days, only to have it dashed again when they come to the mill!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:39 am

pissstttttttt it not at the mill youth
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:50 am

If they do survive I would not be surprised if the ego took them off the market....despite my sympathy for his appearance on TV recently , self inflicted of course, I think he is leather skinned enough to keep going and backtrack on his decision. Certainly paying out what he has in the last few days suggests that to me. The next 3 matches will go a long way to deciding their fate either way.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:11 am

geoffhill wrote:Doyle will make the difference for them.He is a quality signing for this league.38 apparently older than Bishop.

I could make a difference to that midfield!!! Too little to late imo. Going down!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:20 am

I guess we could do each other a favour today , by winning our respective games
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:43 am

yorkshire stag wrote:pissstttttttt it not at the mill youth

since when? why was i not told?
away, you say?
at mardy lane?
everybody has known since august, when the fixtures came out?
well don't i feel foolish now!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 pm

Oliver Holt who's written a column on the good bits of Hardy reckons a new owner will be found in the next 4 weeks.

Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:54 am

They’ve “performed” in one game. It’s all gone on MAD and they’re back to saying they got more home fans than us yesterday. Someone please tell them it’s over 46 games ON the pitch and that all teams have strengthened, even their closest competitors Macclesfield. I can see Mac staying at the expense of Morecambe but County are still 7 adrift.
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby hucknallstag » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:01 am

check out the vlog kid from sutton,point against lincoln and survival is "on",listen at the begining as his mate behind him says how TW was a risk notts didnt want to take and how we have only signed notts forest 4th choice keeper and then.....Jorge grant isnt the player they needed for a scrap?did they think they were in with a shout then?very amusing stuff and great material for a team talk from DF before we play them me thinks.Footage available on youtube btw,cant do the linky stuff
hucknallstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:22 am

I take it all back.......regarding my recent assertion that our sophisticated near neighbours aren't bothered about us to any great extent. Looking at their MAD board, virtually every thread is now including us.
The comment about our attendance yesterday is laughable, I just hope we drub them on the 16th.
At least we keep our comments on one thread :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:32 am

Love It how they go on about attendances but can’t even muster 1200 fans at field mill.

Bunch of no marks who for some odd reason think they matter in the footballing world.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:44 am

hucknallstag wrote:check out the vlog kid from sutton,point against lincoln and survival is "on",listen at the begining as his mate behind him says how TW was a risk notts didnt want to take and how we have only signed notts forest 4th choice keeper and then.....Jorge grant isnt the player they needed for a scrap?did they think they were in with a shout then?very amusing stuff and great material for a team talk from DF before we play them me thinks.Footage available on youtube btw,cant do the linky stuff

Just watched it , his mate who looks like Greengrass off heartbeat talks as daft as him :D
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:48 am

"Hardy tries to explain. He and his golf mates have a habit of including a picture of where they are and what they are doing when they message each other, he says. Hardy was in the bath, he says. He got a message from a mate, asking him if he fancied a beer. He meant to take a picture of his legs and feet in the water, he says, but got his angles wrong. He realised his error and just sent a text, he says, but the picture remained on his camera roll and the rest is history. "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... itaph.html
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:12 pm

I hope we play our part in sending these tools down
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:05 pm

88BenM wrote:"Hardy tries to explain. He and his golf mates have a habit of including a picture of where they are and what they are doing when they message each other, he says. Hardy was in the bath, he says. He got a message from a mate, asking him if he fancied a beer. He meant to take a picture of his legs and feet in the water, he says, but got his angles wrong. He realised his error and just sent a text, he says, but the picture remained on his camera roll and the rest is history. "

Bet his wife and the mother of his children was chuffed to hear the reason for him sending pictures of his junk to other men???

What a completely strange fellow Alan is.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:12 pm

88BenM wrote:"Hardy tries to explain. He and his golf mates have a habit of including a picture of where they are and what they are doing when they message each other, he says. Hardy was in the bath, he says. He got a message from a mate, asking him if he fancied a beer. He meant to take a picture of his legs and feet in the water, he says, but got his angles wrong. He realised his error and just sent a text, he says, but the picture remained on his camera roll and the rest is history. "

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u8q4f
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:12 pm

Beano wrote:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2u8q4f

:lol: :lol: spot on
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Comedy gold, hankies at the ready...

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:49 pm

Good to see Lukomski's not hung himself and is back. Was a good point against t'Imps and did us a favour too. Depends now whether they can back it up with points at FGR and at home to us, which are both tough games for them. They need to get wins now and probably need to win 50% of the games they have left to stay up. Macc look decent enough to make a challenge for survival, Morecambe have Ellison who'll fight to the bitter end. It'll be a great escape by Ardley if he conjures it up but one Swallow doesn't make a Summer.

Their team's given them a glimmer of hope like ours did when we went down with results at Wycombe, Darlo and Lincoln but because we lacked anything that resembled consistency it went tits up next game and I think this is where Clownty are now. But for Akinde missing a pen last off Clownty would be reading the last rites even as early as now. The think they've turned the corner, I reckon they'll find they haven't.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum