{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters' Complaints

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Big yella » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:51 pm

old ram stag wrote:my only complaint is the 50/50 half time draw, if you go into the SP at HT you never get to hear the numbers, it can't be hard to advertise the full draw result as we do the weekly Friday one can it?

Moaning again. MMW.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby ironbru » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:39 pm

It would be appreciated if either the club or the SSA, could inform Forest Green Rovers, about the poor facilities offered to our loyal supporters.(Dec 15th)
Many supporters complained on Saturday to the stewards, but nothing could be done.
The tented refreshment area was sodden and the earth floor was inches under water.
The covered standing area was not fit for purpose and the covered seated area was unfit for habitation. The seats were wet through and the all metal stand was cold and damp.
The toilets were at the other end of the pitch(100 yards away).
The hot food and drinks cabin (also 100 yards away) had all the sauces, napkins , condiments etc out in the rain and most were unuseable.
Yes this was a very wet day but there should be no excuses!
ironbru
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby geoffhill » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:08 am

Terrible facilities.I could not understand why they have not got a waterhog.This machine would have got rid of the water at halftime enabling the match to be finished.It had stopped raining at halftime.Their groundstaff made a few halfhearted attempts to fork the pitch to no avail.With the wealth of their chairman he could surely afford one or two of these waterhogs.At least I will be able to watch the replay on i-player.I certainly will not be going down there on a Tuesday night.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:39 am

geoffhill wrote:Terrible facilities.I could not understand why they have not got a waterhog.This machine would have got rid of the water at halftime enabling the match to be finished.It had stopped raining at halftime.Their groundstaff made a few halfhearted attempts to fork the pitch to no avail.With the wealth of their chairman he could surely afford one or two of these waterhogs.At least I will be able to watch the replay on i-player.I certainly will not be going down there on a Tuesday night.

I can't recall seeing a waterhog or super-sopper used prior to or during a match at any football ground I've been to. They are common at cricket grounds. I seem to recall some talk of MTFC borrowing the one from Trent Bridge on one occasion but I don't think it actually happened.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby geoffhill » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:09 pm

Then perhaps mtfc could invest in one.It would not be used very often but when put in use it could prove useful.I have just seen the revised prices for the rearranged game.I would not travel down there again if I was offered free entry.I will watch it on i-follow instead.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby visitor007 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:13 am

ironbru wrote:It would be appreciated if either the club or the SSA, could inform Forest Green Rovers, about the poor facilities offered to our loyal supporters.(Dec 15th)
Many supporters complained on Saturday to the stewards, but nothing could be done.
The tented refreshment area was sodden and the earth floor was inches under water.
The covered standing area was not fit for purpose and the covered seated area was unfit for habitation. The seats were wet through and the all metal stand was cold and damp.
The hot food and drinks cabin (also 100 yards away) had all the sauces, napkins , condiments etc out in the rain and most were unuseable.

Something else to consider:

During the abandoned match, the ref stopped play for a couple of minutes to discuss abandoning the match due to conditions. Nevertheless, he played on.

Nonetheless, when the 45 minutes were up, he did not advise the 4th official of the time to add on for stoppages but instead blew the whistle. The assumption was that it was half-time and everybody trooped off.

However, it was reported by FGR on their website that "The rain continued to come down after the restart and there was no further chances before the man in the middle ended the game with no added time, swiftly informing the decision to abandon the game."

Why is this significant? Well, FGRs T's & C's state: 5.4 In the event of abandonment of the Match at any time up to and including the half time whistle you will be entitled to use the ticket you have purchased to gain free entry at a future home match, subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions.

The rule that gave the referee discretion on whether to play additional time was amended in the last couple of years to make it mandatory to add time for stoppages. But this was an experienced referee who know what he was doing and had no intention other than abandoning the match when he blew the whistle - else he would have played the additional time.

On the other hand, whatever the situation, FGR's T's & C's clearly allow for the possibility that the referee will abandon the match at the time of blowing for half-time.

Somewhat ironic then that they are not honouring their T's & C's given the current spat with Bolton?
visitor007
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:29 pm

visitor007 wrote:
ironbru wrote:It would be appreciated if either the club or the SSA, could inform Forest Green Rovers, about the poor facilities offered to our loyal supporters.(Dec 15th)

During the abandoned match, the ref stopped play for a couple of minutes to discuss abandoning the match due to conditions. Nevertheless, he played on.

Nonetheless, when the 45 minutes were up, he did not advise the 4th official of the time to add on for stoppages but instead blew the whistle. The assumption was that it was half-time and everybody trooped off.

However, it was reported by FGR on their website that "The rain continued to come down after the restart and there was no further chances before the man in the middle ended the game with no added time, swiftly informing the decision to abandon the game."

Why is this significant? Well, FGRs T's & C's state: 5.4 In the event of abandonment of the Match at any time up to and including the half time whistle you will be entitled to use the ticket you have purchased to gain free entry at a future home match, subject to any and all applicable terms and conditions.

The rule that gave the referee discretion on whether to play additional time was amended in the last couple of years to make it mandatory to add time for stoppages. But this was an experienced referee who know what he was doing and had no intention other than abandoning the match when he blew the whistle - else he would have played the additional time.

On the other hand, whatever the situation, FGR's T's & C's clearly allow for the possibility that the referee will abandon the match at the time of blowing for half-time.

Somewhat ironic then that they are not honouring their T's & C's given the current spat with Bolton?

Hello Ken, would have thought you would be to busy keeping Bolton afloat to post on here.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:33 am

Can we get with the new millenium & have contactless card facilities in the food kiosks?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Danielle SLO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Good Afternoon.

Please see the previous comments on this thread regarding card machines in kiosks.
If there’s anything I can help with don’t hesitate to ask
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Hi Danielle, I see the question was raised back in November & the club were looking into it. Is the plan to introduce contactless card terminals eventually?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Danielle SLO » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi, That is the plan eventually. There is some work to be done beforehand in order to ensure the best possible service. The Stags sharp rise in popularity has seen the kiosks extremely busy at half time.
They are open when the turnstiles open and they do not close until 10 mins before full time. This is to try and ease the queues.
If I can be if further assistance please let me know
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby visitor007 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 am

Big yella wrote:
visitor007 wrote:

Hello Ken, would have thought you would be to busy keeping Bolton afloat to post on here.

Keeping Bolton afloat? I don't care a jot about Notlob, Big Yella. And if you thinkI'm Ken you've certainly got the wrong fella'

But it's OK, I get it. It's only a tenner and if you don't mind getting fleeced for a tenner to support your own team then it's not a big deal.
visitor007
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Big yella » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:20 am

visitor007 wrote:
Big yella wrote:
visitor007 wrote:

Keeping Bolton afloat? I don't care a jot about Notlob, Big Yella. And if you thinkI'm Ken you've certainly got the wrong fella'

But it's OK, I get it. It's only a tenner and if you don't mind getting fleeced for a tenner to support your own team then it's not a big deal.

I'll take my tounge out my cheek whilst I type this, you may get it then, it was a joke. Lighten up.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby visitor007 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:34 pm

Big yella wrote:I'll take my tounge out my cheek whilst I type this, you may get it then, it was a joke. Lighten up.

Apologies, Big Yella. Sometimes you can never tell on these forums.

Great match tho'
visitor007
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:38 pm

Judt had this message from Nottingham based relative who had planned to introduce his kid to Stags today.

"Yep, said he only had singles in K, L, M and couldn't sell anything in J.

Wouldn't sell me 2 apart as 1 is a child. Totally unhelpful and rude.

Told em to forget it and he just smiled and said fine.

Thomas ends up crying and says he only wants to go to Forest games from now on. "

Famous Stags customer service strikes again.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Reg Holdsworth » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:06 pm

Not really a complaint as such, more an observation.

The free offer for under 18s has clearly been a great incentive and a huge success, and should be applauded.

However, yesterday there were three teenage lads knocking around who had clearly never been to the ground before, trying to find their seats. Through being moved on by various supporters they'd ended up in N block on totally the wrong row and about 100 odd seats away from their own, and again a number of season ticket holders moved them on.

This was brought to the attention of a couple of stewards that the lads were struggling to find where they were supposed to be sitting. They just didn't care, just laughed and shrugged.

Not really acceptable, if we're going to turn new visitors into supporters some of the stewards need to step it up, and proactively help folk who are clearly struggling to find their place.
Reg Holdsworth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:58 pm

I'm a season ticket holder and was mortified the players contrived to score two goals in the time I was having a wazz in the WSU bogs therefore missing them. Can the club tell the players not to do this again please. It's just not on :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:05 pm

Spiritater wrote:I'm a season ticket holder and was mortified the players contrived to score two goals in the time I was having a wazz in the WSU bogs therefore missing them. Can the club tell the players not to do this again please. It's just not on :lol:

The club have put TVs with a 30 second delay on them to accommodate the thimble bladdered amongst the Stags support.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I know I watched the goals on them, not the same though, however probably 7 pints pre match was a little too much eh! I blame Yorkie's lad not turning up to Spoons for his pre match swigging session and me having to drink his beer for him.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:I'm a season ticket holder and was mortified the players contrived to score two goals in the time I was having a wazz in the WSU bogs therefore missing them. Can the club tell the players not to do this again please. It's just not on :lol:

The club have put TVs with a 30 second delay on them to accommodate the thimble bladdered amongst the Stags support.

familyvontrap took advantage of that yesterday, he was on his way back from the toilet, heard the cheer so went into Sandy's so he could watch the goal.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:38 am

1. Disabled tickets and ticketing system in general.

The whole ticketing system online needs updating and making it a fit for purpose system for a club with loftier ambitions. It also needs to be disability friendly which currently it is a million miles away.

Glitnir ticketing site which is used by Exeter City for example is one of the few sites that fans can purchase home and away tickets and select an adult ticket and a free carer ticket online. Disabled fans need easier access to tickets. They don't need to make even more of an effort to buy them than fully able bodied and able minded people. Making them go down to the ticket office each time to purchase and show proof is borderline discrimination IMO. In addition, many disabilities make prolonged telephone calls difficult and often people don't want to ring up the ticket office and go through the rigmarole of selecting seats and ordering etc.

Again at Exeter City, a prime example of how a club at this level should be run both on and off the pitch if you want to purchase disabled tickets then all they ask is you email proof of relevant entitlement (you don't even need to go down to the ticket office). Once this is done then you are free to purchase tickets and free disabled carer tickets without any further scrutiny.

Can the SLO put forward these recommendations to the relevant people who are able to change this as the ticketing system - not just for disabled fans - needs a major overhaul and NOW. Otherwise Mr Radford, you will never maximize the potential of ticket sales and attendances. It's all well and good offering free under 18's tickets but if you neglect the rest of that side of things then it's of no real benefit. Having a poor ticketing system alongside staff with really poor customer service skills are ensuring that fans like myself are deterred from going and potential new fans like Sneags relative will continue to be deterred and perhaps find elsewhere to go.

About tickets in general.

I have a simple but effective idea that will help people like Sneags relative and also myself. Allow ALL blocks and all seats at the Wonk to be booked online. Why are the club closing off some blocks to online sales? I have specific requirements for an end seat, i have specific requirements due to autism to know in advance where i will be sitting and chuck in the mix that i don't like the QLE either and so i sometimes cannot go or choose not to go as i am unable to buy the seat i want. Then i look at the some stands on matchday which are nearly empty - particularly the end one block A in the IG. I could have had one of those seats but i can't book online.

Mr Radford is doing his level best to get this football club onwards and upwards but is being let down badly IMO by staff at the club who are responsible for all this stuff. They are making attending games and attracting fans more difficult in a world where the internet and something as easy as a smiley happy greeting in a ticket office could make it more likely.

Who is responsible for ticketing and opening up blocks and can they go on a course or something that teaches common sense and customer service skills?
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Danielle SLO » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:55 pm

If you would like to speak with me directly about the ticketing system I would be happy to see you.
Alternatively you can call or email me
Danielle.Hett@mansfieldtown.net
Danielle SLO
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Thanks Danielle and it's great that there is someone at the club who is at least listening and acknowledging fans, not only as fans but also as paying customers.

I will decline the offer of a meeting however as i don't feel there is much point as i have clearly defined the issues that affect me the most.

1. Open up ALL blocks to pre-book online.

2. Allow the online ticketing portal to enable the purchase of disabled tickets and free carer tickets. Initially the disabled person must either visit the ticket office with their ID and proof of eligibility or send images of their eligibility and ID to the ticket office by email. Then the ticket office has proof of eligibility on record therefore no further visits to the ticket office to purchase match day tickets are required and making it easier for disabled supporters and not harder, which is how it is at the moment.

3. Train ticket office staff in basic face to face customer service. On the few occasions i have had cause to visit the ticket office, one as a brand new fan i was quite shocked at the lack of customer engagement and service i received and it certainly didn't encourage me to return. I actually visited the first time with my partner and she completely agreed with me when i asked her if it was just me or was a just treated with total indifference by the two ladies in there at the time. As i have said before, i eventually got what i went for but that is besides the point, I was buying a shirt and things, needed advice and assistance on ticketing etc and just left to wait. There was no rush on. Not even a 'sorry about the wait sir, i'll be with you in a few moments' whilst they attended to some other business.

I wasn't even acknowledged and tbh it annoyed the crap out of me. It's unacceptable. Also no 'sorry about the wait - now how can i help you?'. None of that. No smile either. No energy. Nothing. I'm not expecting working in a ticket office to be as exhilerating as working on a cruise ship for example and by all means drop the happiness when nobody is about but when a customer walks through that door you put your customer service hat on and make them feel welcomed. That's what they get paid for. Not to reluctantly serve and inadvertently put some people off.

I've also worked in customer service and if i'd have been witnessed by my boss giving the levels of service i received that day i'd be pulled to one side, offered some extra training or asked to buck my ideas up a little. Like the other bloke earlier in this thread i was about to turn around, walk away and find somewhere else to spend my money. This isn't a personal criticism of those people in the ticket office at all so please don't take it that way. It is a comment on the experience an excited new fan hoping to embark on a new journey received and it was not in any, way shape or form what was required or expected.

Simple as that really. I don't see any reason why the above issues cannot be addressed and sorted. Not only for my benefit but also for the benefit of the football club ultimately.

Solve the above three issues and bring these parts of the football club into the modern era and in line with the other excellent things that are happening at MTFC.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sunray » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:57 pm

It's wrong to blame the ticket office staff for poor customer service.
Blame their managers. If the staff don't respond to training then you give verbal and written warnings and then sack them.
Like a lot of football clubs they see their staff as members of a "family" not professionals.
Paul started off making the club more professional but has become complacent.
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:50 pm

here's a great video about Danielle and her role at the club as supporter liaison. Well done Danielle, a credit to the club

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum