{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Woodclanger 1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 pm

BH_Stag wrote:I noticed today that the Yeovil v Lincoln game tomorrow night isn’t available to watch on iFollow in the UK like normal Tuesday night league games. This is because the game was originally scheduled for a Saturday and therefore doesn’t automatically mean it will be available and it is down to the home club to decide. Yeovil and Lincoln decided it will not be shown.

This will be the same situation next week for our game at Forest Green as obviously that was postponed. Would be disappointing if it wasn’t available to watch(can’t get there due to work).

Don’t suppose whether anybody has heard if it will be or not yet? Martin possibly?


Flipping 'eck is that another one they've made up as they go along?
Woodclanger 1
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6168
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:46 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:14 pm

I just checked with Mark. MTFC is waiting to hear the decision from Forest Green which is expected in the coming days. The decision is entirely down to Forest Green as the initial game was abandoned (or postponed)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:35 pm

What's the revenue cut for the home club from iFollow viewer match pass tickets, is it around 3 iFollow subs = 1 through the turnstiles?
So why would Yeovil prevent the live video given that although Imps have a good following, maybe an evening trip to Somerset is too big an ask ~ Match pass subs from Lincoln fans alone could be into 4 figures, all of which goes to the home club, doesn't it?
Maybe Yeovil's fans are lazy stay-at-homes and jump at any excuse to watch from home rather than turn out on a cold January night, so atmosphere suffers?
. . . or their chairman strongly disagrees with live broadcasts?
. . . or maybe it's a hassle to get paid by iPlayer?
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No on is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:46 pm

young vanish wrote:What's the revenue cut for the home club from iFollow viewer match pass tickets, is it around 3 iFollow subs = 1 through the turnstiles?
So why would Yeovil prevent the live video given that although Imps have a good following, maybe an evening trip to Somerset is too big an ask ~ Match pass subs from Lincoln fans alone could be into 4 figures, all of which goes to the home club, doesn't it?
Maybe Yeovil's fans are lazy stay-at-homes and jump at any excuse to watch from home rather than turn out on a cold January night, so atmosphere suffers?
. . . or their chairman strongly disagrees with live broadcasts?
. . . or maybe it's a hassle to get paid by iPlayer?

No. The revenue (£8 out of every £10 according to earlier published info) goes to the selling club. Hence Yeovil would get no revenue from Lincoln City selling match passes. This was the Accrington chairman's gripe about a game at home to Sunderland for example potentially be available on iFollow.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:55 pm

What a cock-eyed system then.
Puts Yeovil's decision into perspective.
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No on is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am

Martin Shaw wrote:I just checked with Mark. MTFC is waiting to hear the decision from Forest Green which is expected in the coming days. The decision is entirely down to Forest Green as the initial game was abandoned (or postponed)


it looks like no match pass was available for Forest Green v Grimsby last night. That would have been Forest Green's decision as explained above. So we might expect them to make the same decision for next week possibly?

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2 ... n-tonight/

I just noticed that Forest Green are not part of the iFollow service.
https://www.efl.com/news/2018/august/ifollow/

Hence I think that makes it even less likely that they will agree to the game being shown, when they would make no money out of it.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Chander Lear » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:57 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:I just checked with Mark. MTFC is waiting to hear the decision from Forest Green which is expected in the coming days. The decision is entirely down to Forest Green as the initial game was abandoned (or postponed)


it looks like no match pass was available for Forest Green v Grimsby last night. That would have been Forest Green's decision as explained above. So we might expect them to make the same decision for next week possibly?

https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2 ... n-tonight/

I just noticed that Forest Green are not part of the iFollow service.
https://www.efl.com/news/2018/august/ifollow/

Hence I think that makes it even less likely that they will agree to the game being shown, when they would make no money out of it.


Perfectly acceptable. The home club should make the money.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Don’t blame them
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:09 pm

I'd do the same if I were a club owner

Why sell selling rights to someone when you get nothing and reduces your earnings.

If anything all the money earned should go into a central pot and shared out between clubs
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7118
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Chander Lear » Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:39 pm

adamstag wrote:I'd do the same if I were a club owner

Why sell selling rights to someone when you get nothing and reduces your earnings.

If anything all the money earned should go into a central pot and shared out between clubs



Naa disagree with that. Why should someone who would get less fans anyway get more money for fan receipts. having a greater support aids to better signing etc.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby DAVE H » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:28 pm

The game which was abandoned at ht was on ifollow , i know because i watched it
DAVE H
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby adsstag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:36 pm

DAVE H wrote:The game which was abandoned at ht was on ifollow , i know because i watched it


They had to keep wiping the camera every 2 minutes- it was definitely on ifollow...
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:34 pm

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby adamstag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

regarding the original game - I thought games on Saturday couldn't be on ifollow?
Last edited by adamstag on Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 7118
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:20 am

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby part time pete » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:47 pm

adsstag wrote:
DAVE H wrote:The game which was abandoned at ht was on ifollow , i know because i watched it


They had to keep wiping the camera every 2 minutes- it was definitely on ifollow...


But only for overseas subscribers ;) ;)
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5998
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:49 pm

adamstag wrote:regarding the original game - I thought games on Saturday couldn't be on ifollow?


They can’t but it’s magic that one minute you can be in the UK and the next anywhere in the world and watch it live ;)
User avatar
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3361
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:47 am
Location: Forest Town

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby Chander Lear » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Foresttownstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:regarding the original game - I thought games on Saturday couldn't be on ifollow?


They can’t but it’s magic that one minute you can be in the UK and the next anywhere in the world and watch it live ;)



I have never done it, but i have heard they are starting to clamp down and knock vpns out of action. THe only way to do it, is fully trick your whole device into thinking its elsewhere. more difficult, but possible.
Chander Lear
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:04 am

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:00 pm

It was never going to be on ifollow. FGR aren't on the service so can't charge their fans. Let's be honest here a forest Green fan would look at the weather and stay inside where they can watch the game for a tenner. Because they do t have Ifollow they subscribe through us. By allowing it FGR would essentially be surrendering cash to us.

My opinion is that it should be split between clubs but 80/20 or 90/10 in the home teams favour for any game that can be streamed live in the UK.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5729
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:15 pm

gazza1988 wrote:It was never going to be on ifollow. FGR aren't on the service so can't charge their fans. Let's be honest here a forest Green fan would look at the weather and stay inside where they can watch the game for a tenner. Because they do t have Ifollow they subscribe through us. By allowing it FGR would essentially be surrendering cash to us.

My opinion is that it should be split between clubs but 80/20 or 90/10 in the home teams favour for any game that can be streamed live in the UK.

if the game had originally been scheduled for midweek, then it would have been available to watch in UK.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:35 pm

Forest Green v Stags unavailable to watch on iFollow in UK

Our re-arranged fixture at Forest Green Rovers on Tuesday 29 January will not be made available for live viewing on iFollow Stags for subscribers in the UK and Ireland, the Gloucestershire club have confirmed.

Read more at https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2019 ... low-in-uk/
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 18961
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

FGR V Stags i-follow.

Postby geoffhill » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:42 pm

I was looking forward to watching the game on my tv.Will not be able to now according to FGR.I was one of the few who went to the original fixture.I will not be going down there ever again.Will just have to listen to the live commentary.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2007
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Re: FGR V Stags i-follow.

Postby The One » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:46 pm

The i follow Forest Green thread may be a clue
The One
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 10514
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:52 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:It was never going to be on ifollow. FGR aren't on the service so can't charge their fans. Let's be honest here a forest Green fan would look at the weather and stay inside where they can watch the game for a tenner. Because they do t have Ifollow they subscribe through us. By allowing it FGR would essentially be surrendering cash to us.

My opinion is that it should be split between clubs but 80/20 or 90/10 in the home teams favour for any game that can be streamed live in the UK.

if the game had originally been scheduled for midweek, then it would have been available to watch in UK.


I am, of course, talking about the rearranged fixture. We wouldn't have this conversation had it been a regular midweek fixture because there is nothing FGR can do about that.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5729
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: FGR V Stags i-follow.

Postby west country stag » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Its a bummer
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
User avatar
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:32 am
Location: Penzance , Cornwall

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby young vanish » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:54 pm

Chander Lear wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
adamstag wrote:regarding the original game - I thought games on Saturday couldn't be on ifollow?


They can’t but it’s magic that one minute you can be in the UK and the next anywhere in the world and watch it live ;)



I have never done it, but i have heard they are starting to clamp down and knock vpns out of action. THe only way to do it, is fully trick your whole device into thinking its elsewhere. more difficult, but possible.


And they're doing a thorough job of their VPN screening. As a test I've just tried wiping all cookies and using various VPNs (some quite obscure ones) and you can't get anywhere on their site. There will be some that evade the screening I'm sure, but even if you did manage it they could block that route at any future date . . . and no use asking for a refund once they do.
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No on is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Postby sunray » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Weather is rain in the afternoon turning to snow until 9pm
sunray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 271
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hitchcocks size 10s, Martin Shaw, Paulstag and 24 guests