{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

iFollow popularity / Forest Green away game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Early kick off.

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:37 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
RickyJ wrote:To my understanding - iFollow or any broadcaster are not allowed to show Saturday football from 1445hrs - 1715hrs. Where does this leave Stags 1300hrs kick offs?

you are correct about football being shown in the UK. However 1300 kick offs cannot be shown in the UK on iFollow either.


I believe that is because sky have the rights to show live EFL football on a weekend in the UK. Hence why overseas can stream it and ifollow can stream to the UK for midweek games.

1300 Saturday kick-offs not being available on iFollow is nothing to do with Sky TV Gazza. I'm not sure where you've got that from.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:45 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Conker » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:56 pm

I read around £120k per year extra for L2 clubs apperantly, 5 years is mad though with how quickly things are changing it's very irresponsible.
Conker
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2772
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:38 am

Without reading through this thread am I right this game is not on Ifollow .. thanks
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:25 am

Billy the fish wrote:Without reading through this thread am I right this game is not on Ifollow .. thanks

match passes to watch a game are only available for midweek games for UK subscribers.

Full match commentary is available as always of course.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:26 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Without reading through this thread am I right this game is not on Ifollow .. thanks

match passes to watch a game are only available for midweek games for UK subscribers.

Full match commentary is available as always of course.


Thanks for the reply Martin .
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Billy the fish » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Tech question has anyone tried casting ifollow from iPhone to TV ?? Reading most reports on the internet this is not possible only from android using Chromecast . I’ve also read contradicting reports it’s possible using TV cast on both your iPhone and smart Tv has anyone tried this ?. . Many thanks
User avatar
Billy the fish
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1419
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:02 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby tibby » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:11 pm

Billy the fish wrote:Tech question has anyone tried casting ifollow from iPhone to TV ?? Reading most reports on the internet this is not possible only from android using Chromecast . I’ve also read contradicting reports it’s possible using TV cast on both your iPhone and smart Tv has anyone tried this ?. . Many thanks


I use IwebTV for ice hockey streams from iphone to chromecast and it works perfectly
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1300
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:54 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:


Well . . . they've not contacted me with any re-arrangement for a pass for which I paid in November. Anyone else heard anything?
If I need to contact them is there a preferred email address?
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No one is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Tess Tickle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:03 pm

young vanish wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


Well . . . they've not contacted me with any re-arrangement for a pass for which I paid in November. Anyone else heard anything?
If I need to contact them is there a preferred email address?

Not heard anything myself either. The one thing I don't like about the whole set up is the fact that you never really know if your match pass has worked until about 15 mins before kick off. Could be better.
I will email them now
Tess Tickle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 am

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Beano » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:
young vanish wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:


Well . . . they've not contacted me with any re-arrangement for a pass for which I paid in November. Anyone else heard anything?
If I need to contact them is there a preferred email address?

Not heard anything myself either. The one thing I don't like about the whole set up is the fact that you never really know if your match pass has worked until about 15 mins before kick off. Could be better.
I will email them now



Martin has answered this question on the creepy score thread :thumbup:
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2550
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:06 pm

I posted this earlier today. Here it is again:
Subject: Creepy Scorefred sponsored by One Step Beyond

Martin Shaw wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:
DURHAM STAG wrote:Anyone know what will be happening regarding match passes for iFollow purchased for the original fixture ? There was talk of getting a code via email to access the replayed game but so far nothing.

indeed the club were informed and so tweeted out that those who purchased a match pass would be sent a code.

That has not happened yet.

I interacted with iFollow help yesterday that I had not received a code for my iFollow account, and nor had others in the same position, and they said they would get back to me.

I would guess they will send out codes today. We'll see.

iFollow sent me a code to watch the game tomorrow (or indeed to watch any one game where a match pass is available).

I asked what about others in the same position. The answer is you have to email ifollow@efl.com with your username (ie your email address) and the team you purchased the match pass from (ie Mansfield Town), they will check you purchased a match pass for the initial Crawley game and then they will email you a code.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:09 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:The one thing I don't like about the whole set up is the fact that you never really know if your match pass has worked until about 15 mins before kick off. Could be better.

If you get an email confirming your purchase for any match in question, then your match pass will work.
If you don't get an email confirming the purchase, then something has gone wrong.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Tess Tickle » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:20 pm

I've just been on the I follow web site and clicked on the live chat bubble at the bottom of the screen and they explained everything to me as well as giving me the match promo code.
You just enter the code at the payment stage as if you were buying the match pass again from scratch. Let's hope it works.
Tess Tickle
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:22 am

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:27 pm

Tess Tickle wrote:I've just been on the I follow web site and clicked on the live chat bubble at the bottom of the screen and they explained everything to me as well as giving me the match promo code.
You just enter the code at the payment stage as if you were buying the match pass again from scratch. Let's hope it works.

see my post above. If you get the email confirming your "purchase" (in this case the payment was £0), then it will work.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:if I remember correctly, EFL were due to be having a meeting in November where clubs would find out how many people having been watching the midweek games (from which the clubs get £8 of each £10 match pass), and hence how much money they have been allocated.


Any further details Martin? (or did I miss it on another thread)
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No one is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:12 pm

young vanish wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:if I remember correctly, EFL were due to be having a meeting in November where clubs would find out how many people having been watching the midweek games (from which the clubs get £8 of each £10 match pass), and hence how much money they have been allocated.


Any further details Martin? (or did I miss it on another thread)

no. Only thing I know was discussion about showing matches on Bank holidays (Christmas/New Year/Easter) where the majority of League Two clubs did not want the matches available (hence they weren't), whereas League One and Championship clubs did (and it was decided to leave the decision to the home clubs for each match).
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:20 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:iFollow sent me a code to watch the game tomorrow (or indeed to watch any one game where a match pass is available).

I asked what about others in the same position. The answer is you have to email ifollow@efl.com with your username (ie your email address) and the team you purchased the match pass from (ie Mansfield Town), they will check you purchased a match pass for the initial Crawley game and then they will email you a code.


Sent an email to the email address suggested and they replied . . . "We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website."

Used the chat option and was dealt with immediately.

But we shouldn't have to chase this, they KNOW who their customers are and who has paid. :x
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No one is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:28 pm

young vanish wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:iFollow sent me a code to watch the game tomorrow (or indeed to watch any one game where a match pass is available).

I asked what about others in the same position. The answer is you have to email ifollow@efl.com with your username (ie your email address) and the team you purchased the match pass from (ie Mansfield Town), they will check you purchased a match pass for the initial Crawley game and then they will email you a code.


Sent an email to the email address suggested and they replied . . . "We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website."

Used the chat option and was dealt with immediately.

But we shouldn't have to chase this, they KNOW who their customers are and who has paid. :x

ha ha. I used the chat bubble first, and they asked me to email instead.

Oh well, I hope the coverage tomorrow will make up for the inconvenience :)
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin
 
Posts: 19092
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:20 pm
Location: Guildford

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby DURHAM STAG » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:37 am

Just had a similar experience. Emailed and they suggested I used Live Chat. Live Chat told me to email !
Not convinced this is going to go well !
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby young vanish » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:49 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
young vanish wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:if I remember correctly, EFL were due to be having a meeting in November where clubs would find out how many people having been watching the midweek games (from which the clubs get £8 of each £10 match pass), and hence how much money they have been allocated.


Any further details Martin? (or did I miss it on another thread)

no. Only thing I know was discussion about showing matches on Bank holidays (Christmas/New Year/Easter) where the majority of League Two clubs did not want the matches available (hence they weren't), whereas League One and Championship clubs did (and it was decided to leave the decision to the home clubs for each match).


Maybe the club will have to email EFL or use the live chat option to find out if they're due any money from iFollow subscriptions through the MTFC website. Seems like they don't contact you to tell you what you're owed, the onus is on the customer to claim. Big business tactics eh?
You're NOT entitled an opinion
You're entitled an INFORMED opinion
No one is entitled to be ignorant
User avatar
young vanish
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 146
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Glappy

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby Admiral Sook » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 am

An hour ago I had an email from them and in the email is my promo code to watch tonight's match, so everybody check your mail :D
User avatar
Admiral Sook
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:25 pm
Location: Spain

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby DURHAM STAG » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

Yes I got an email with a code. Not sure sending me via Live Chat and back again was necessary but it seems sorted now.
Thanks Martin.
DURHAM STAG
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:02 pm

Re: iFollow popularity

Postby BH_Stag » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:11 pm

I noticed today that the Yeovil v Lincoln game tomorrow night isn’t available to watch on iFollow in the UK like normal Tuesday night league games. This is because the game was originally scheduled for a Saturday and therefore doesn’t automatically mean it will be available and it is down to the home club to decide. Yeovil and Lincoln decided it will not be shown.

This will be the same situation next week for our game at Forest Green as obviously that was postponed. Would be disappointing if it wasn’t available to watch(can’t get there due to work).

Don’t suppose whether anybody has heard if it will be or not yet? Martin possibly?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1819
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: richardstag, Stockportstag, WVStag and 33 guests