{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

January Transfers Thread

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: January Transfers Thread

Postby BoughtonStag71 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Forest fan who knew about Walker who told me yesterday that Grant wasn't signing for us, tells me now that he couldn't say anything yesterday but Grant was due to sign today but now on hold due to Karanka leaving.

Seen a Twitter feed confirming this but can't do linky things!
BoughtonStag71
First Team
First Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 pm

BoughtonStag71 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Forest fan who knew about Walker who told me yesterday that Grant wasn't signing for us, tells me now that he couldn't say anything yesterday but Grant was due to sign today but now on hold due to Karanka leaving.

Seen a Twitter feed confirming this but can't do linky things!

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:40 pm

Frustrating. More chance of other clubs jumping in the longer it’s delayed.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:48 pm

It'll still happen imo

Special link with forest is fantastic.. I believe this came out of Alan hardy falling out with them over Yates, their loss
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:53 pm

I'd imagine he will go back out on loan somewhere so if we were arranging a deal then i can't see why it still shouldn't happen although I don't believe most of the rumours knocking about
Forest wouldn't of recalled him to play for them when he couldn'teven get in the Luton side for the last few months .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:09 pm

If the Grant rumour is true, and a big IF I don’t think them losing the manager officially today should change anything.

Karanka has been going now for weeks, and was just a matter of time.

I am not sure he would have even been directly involved in any dealings regarding players as low down the pecking order as Grant anyway?
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:09 pm

tmwilson wrote:I'd imagine he will go back out on loan somewhere so if we were arranging a deal then i can't see why it still shouldn't happen although I don't believe most of the rumours knocking about
Forest wouldn't of recalled him to play for them when he couldn'teven get in the Luton side for the last few months .

That would be rotten luck if it was cancelled because of that.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:10 pm

Kenwood wrote:If the Grant rumour is true, and a big IF I don’t think them losing the manager officially today should change anything.

Karanka has been going now for weeks, and was just a matter of time.

I am not sure he would have even been directly involved in any dealings regarding players as low down the pecking order as Grant anyway?

No, but they'd probably want any new manager to have a look and say whether he wanted to be in control of such things or not. Some managers are more hands-on with loans and reserves than others.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

Appears Grant is playing for NFFC U23's as we speak.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:12 pm

If there is a link-up with Forest then it suits both parties - we're only down the road (though folk in Nottingham seem to think Mansfield is in the dark ages - have they seen places like St Ann's!) and hopefully we both benefit.

I suppose Notts Co still believe they have a rivalry with Forest when there never has been one between us - if fat AL has pissed Forest off and they then prefer us then all good
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:16 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:

that puts to bed that rumor then, i dont think there is anyway he would be playing for the u23s if he was to sign for us.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

lifestags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

that puts to bed that rumor then, i dont think there is anyway he would be playing for the u23s if he was to sign for us.

Why?

It might be the case that Forest are focusing on tomorrow and will revisit the deal on Monday/early next week - him playing on a Friday lunchtime wouldn't affect that.

All purely speculation of course.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:21 pm

lifestags wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

If the move has been delayed then why wouldn't he be playing for the U23's? He's hardly played since November so match fitness will do him good.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:25 pm

adamstag wrote:If there is a link-up with Forest then it suits both parties - we're only down the road (though folk in Nottingham seem to think Mansfield is in the dark ages - have they seen places like St Ann's!) and hopefully we both benefit.

I suppose Notts Co still believe they have a rivalry with Forest when there never has been one between us - if fat AL has pissed Forest off and they then prefer us then all good

Sneinton, the meadows, hyson green all spring to mind.

If no player is announced today then merely suggests it was Grant, however someone might yet get signed.

Carolyn tweeted last night it was all looking good, surely discussions would have started yesterday evening if Karanka was looking to exit (if not earlier).

Says one of the reasons he left was because he didn't have full control so may not be making the decisions anyway.

We'll find out later no doubt.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Karanka has been going for weeks now so not sure why that would have any effect
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:37 pm

Sedgwick wrote:It'll still happen imo

Special link with forest is fantastic.. I believe this came out of Alan hardy falling out with them over Yates, their loss

Alan Hardy falling out with someone? Never :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Iacovetti. Ha. How is he still there
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:22 pm

Scrap anything ive said about me not thinking we will sign a midfielder, just been told we agreed a deal with Grant yesterday. (same thing someone else has been told)

Lets hope it will still be announced!
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:27 pm

lifestags wrote:Scrap anything ive said about me not thinking we will sign a midfielder, just been told we agreed a deal with Grant yesterday. (same thing someone else has been told)

Hopefully! Has that come from the stuff on Twitter or a good source?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:28 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
lifestags wrote:Scrap anything ive said about me not thinking we will sign a midfielder, just been told we agreed a deal with Grant yesterday. (same thing someone else has been told)

good source.

Lets hope forest will still loan him us, dont get why he played today though if the deal was still happening today.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:36 pm

Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Grant permanently.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:38 pm

lifestags wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

good source.

Lets hope forest will still loan him us, dont get why he played today though if the deal was still happening today.

Fitness and opportunity to get 90 minutes into him. Deal can go through this evening so Carolyn can announce on Twitter ;)
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:39 pm

lifestags wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

good source.

Promising. Perhaps we’ve asked for him to play if so to get him some more minutes.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby jeevesthestag » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Heard a 'friend of a friend' rumour today that the Cowleys are lined up to go to Forest. He also claimed that his mate knew about Evans going to Peterborough a few days before it happened!
jeevesthestag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

jeevesthestag wrote:Heard a 'friend of a friend' rumour today that the Cowleys are lined up to go to Forest. He also claimed that his mate knew about Evans going to Peterborough a few days before it happened!

as much as I'd like them to bugger off I can't see it happening. they always harp on about finishing their jobs off at Lincoln which I assume is getting them to L1
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum