{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League 2 Related.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: League 2 Related.

Postby Spiritater » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:22 am

Sneag wrote:I bet Burton are wishing Man City had disrespected the League Cup tonight. :lol:

Did Bucko play?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:57 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
Sneag wrote:I bet Burton are wishing Man City had disrespected the League Cup tonight. :lol:

Fair play to Man City. Would have been easy to stick the kids out tonight. They’ve now guaranteed a place in the final so stick the kids out for the 2nd leg.

Man City & Spurs both put strong teams out in the FA Cup last weekend both won 7-0. Both in the top 3, Caribou Cup & Champions League.

I guess the suits at EPL clubs would rather finish 9th in the cash league than 11th & win a trophy. No wonder their fans don't turn out for cup ties anymore.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby one f in mansfield » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:40 am

Foresttownstag wrote:

Fair play to Man City. Would have been easy to stick the kids out tonight. They’ve now guaranteed a place in the final so stick the kids out for the 2nd leg.

If they stick the kids out do you think they will charge a couple of quid entrance ? .
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:41 am

one f in mansfield wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:

If they stick the kids out do you think they will charge a couple of quid entrance ? .

Tickets last night were £15 which for a cup semi final is good value, it’ll be the same for the next game I’d imagine
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

The issue with the FACup is the prize money in relationship to the prize money in the PL.

One place different in PL is equalivant to the prize money of getting to the semi final.

Winning the semi final is worth another place in the PL table.

Winning the final is worth another two places in the PL Table.

Until the F.A. Cup winners are given a place in the champions league instead of the Europa Cup then it will always take second fiddle to the EPL.

With regard attendances, only way they will improve is for the price of cup matches to be included in season ticket price.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:38 pm

part time pete wrote:The issue with the FACup is the prize money in relationship to the prize money in the PL.

One place different in PL is equalivant to the prize money of getting to the semi final.

Winning the semi final is worth another place in the PL table.

Winning the final is worth another two places in the PL Table.

Until the F.A. Cup winners are given a place in the champions league instead of the Europa Cup then it will always take second fiddle to the EPL.

With regard attendances, only way they will improve is for the price of cup matches to be included in season ticket price.

Villa let all ST holders attend their game against Swansea in the Cup for free. They got just over 30,000. They’d have made money in the club shop, bars and food stalls so it’s a good idea.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Spiritater wrote:

Did Bucko play?

Yes he did. The Judas turncoat waster.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Tickets last night were £15 which for a cup semi final is good value, it’ll be the same for the next game I’d imagine[/quote]

Great match to take a couple of youngsters to that don't usually get, good value and get to see their idols and loads of goals. Winners all round. :)
:mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:00 pm

Big yella wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
chip63 wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Well done all the lower league teams. Not a prawn sandwich in sight. Fans of all ages cheering their hearts out for their home town clubs..proper football supporters. Well done Newport.

Yes I'm happy for them all apart from Newport because they are Welsh :D
They have their own Welsh cup and own FA. I remember our fracas down there and different FAs dealing with punishment and fines.
I'm not bitter :)

:coys:

Swansea also springs to mind with Welsh FA :twisted:

Swansea and Cardiff both gave up being governed by the Welsh FA upon entering the Premier League.

Sorry, I've only just noticed your reply.

I knew that was the case if they joined the Premier League, though I didn't realise they'd still be governed by English FA when relegated back in to the Championship.

I've no issue with the Welsh teams playing in the English leagues, I just think that if they do then should automatically governed by the English FA for a level playing field.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum