{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

League 2 Related.

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

League 2 Related.

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Well done Oldham & Newport today. Flying the flag for proper football versus cash league mercenaries.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Re: League 2 Related.

Postby grufti » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Leicester were crap though, played poorly, missed a lot of easy chances and gave Newport an unlikely winner.
Fulham missed a penalty as well.
Up The Stags
grufti
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Can't believe the arrogance of the Premier League teams in playing weakened sides. I've just watched Leicester lose at Newport and thought how on earth they can justify it? They're not in Europe, not challenging at the top, safe from the drop and they put out a second string? Who do they think they are? You then watch the likes of Ianacho, Okazaki, Simpson and company who are earning an absolute fortune, playing appallingly and you get to thinking " is this whole Premier League brand just a huge, hyped con job? "
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:52 pm

Pleased to see anyone beat any PL/Champ opposition who make 7/8 changes to the first team. Why is it allowed when we used to get fined for making too many in the B team cup
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:06 pm

well done Newport, enjoyed watching that. They deserved to win.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Bradders » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:01 pm

Field Mill wrote:Can't believe the arrogance of the Premier League teams in playing weakened sides. I've just watched Leicester lose at Newport and thought how on earth they can justify it? They're not in Europe, not challenging at the top, safe from the drop and they put out a second string? Who do they think they are? You then watch the likes of Ianacho, Okazaki, Simpson and company who are earning an absolute fortune, playing appallingly and you get to thinking " is this whole Premier League brand just a huge, hyped con job? "

Gary Lineker congratulated Newport through gritted teeth. He would have been very disappointed with Leicester's attitude. Their fans in general must have been bitterly disappointed.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 pm

Worth £135,000 Prize Money (£225,000 in total for first three rounds) plus £150,000 TV Money.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Well done all the lower league teams. Not a prawn sandwich in sight. Fans of all ages cheering their hearts out for their home town clubs..proper football supporters. Well done Newport.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby chip63 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:44 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Well done all the lower league teams. Not a prawn sandwich in sight. Fans of all ages cheering their hearts out for their home town clubs..proper football supporters. Well done Newport.

Yes I'm happy for them all apart from Newport because they are Welsh :D
They have their own Welsh cup and own FA. I remember our fracas down there and different FAs dealing with punishment and fines.
I'm not bitter :)

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:55 am

chip63 wrote:
CassellsCap wrote:Well done all the lower league teams. Not a prawn sandwich in sight. Fans of all ages cheering their hearts out for their home town clubs..proper football supporters. Well done Newport.

They have their own Welsh cup and own FA. I remember our fracas down there and different FAs dealing with punishment and fines.

The Welsh FA have never done Newport any favours. They are the Mansfield of Wales.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:43 am

Christian Doidge recalled by Forest Green. Seems Bolton can’t afford him and Forest Green have been paying his wages during the loan period. He had also bought a house and moved his family to the area in anticipation of his £1m permanent move. Surely FA should take some action against Bolton
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:28 am

chip63 wrote:

Beat me to it. They shouldn’t be in the FA Cup
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:Christian Doidge recalled by Forest Green. Seems Bolton can’t afford him and Forest Green have been paying his wages during the loan period. He had also bought a house and moved his family to the area in anticipation of his £1m permanent move. Surely FA should take some action against Bolton

Doidge needs to seek professional help with his mental health. Why would anyone want to relocate to Bolton?!!!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:54 am

yellowstagsfan wrote:Christian Doidge recalled by Forest Green. Seems Bolton can’t afford him and Forest Green have been paying his wages during the loan period. He had also bought a house and moved his family to the area in anticipation of his £1m permanent move. Surely FA should take some action against Bolton

I think they've took him on loan to see if he can make it in the championship, which he can't because he's not good enough, and now don't want him... but they've done it in a very dodgy way.. No way is he worth £1 million and now no other championship club will go after him.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:57 am

Sedgwick wrote:

I think they've took him on loan to see if he can make it in the championship, which he can't because he's not good enough, and now don't want him... but they've done it in a very dodgy way.. No way is he worth £1 million and now no other championship club will go after him.

They haven't paid any wages in 4 months, he has been recalled for that reason rather than his ability.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:12 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:

They haven't paid any wages in 4 months, he has been recalled for that reason rather than his ability.

They also haven't honoured the deal, meaning they have no plans to sign him. If he had been firing them in I'm sure they would have moved swiftly to make the move permanent. He's been a major disappointment in the championship.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 am

You can’t really judge him much on his time at Bolton, either way he’s stuck playing for FGR.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:11 pm

chip63 wrote:

Swansea also springs to mind with Welsh FA :twisted:
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:32 pm

HU7stag wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Keith curle banned? Nothing for them from the Welsh fa.
It's just not right in anyway shape or form.
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:45 pm

chip63 wrote:
HU7stag wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Keith curle banned? Nothing for them from the Welsh fa.
It's just not right in anyway shape or form.

More thinking Liam Lawrence. I can't remember who their player was, though it might have been Lee Trundle.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:03 pm

HU7stag wrote:
chip63 wrote:

Swansea and Cardiff both gave up being governed by the Welsh FA upon entering the Premier League.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:08 am

Field Mill wrote:Can't believe the arrogance of the Premier League teams in playing weakened sides. I've just watched Leicester lose at Newport and thought how on earth they can justify it? They're not in Europe, not challenging at the top, safe from the drop and they put out a second string? Who do they think they are? You then watch the likes of Ianacho, Okazaki, Simpson and company who are earning an absolute fortune, playing appallingly and you get to thinking " is this whole Premier League brand just a huge, hyped con job? "

Spot on. My thoughts exactly. Mercenary play acting foreign players who are only here due to television money who care nothing about the clubs there sometimes play for or the supporters who idolise them. Gave up watching this pantomime years ago.
Last edited by Chris M on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:58 pm

I just love it when premier league teams lose to lower opposition.Fairly sure their fans are not happy about losing as well.Eventually they may realise that what they do is against the whole ethos of football.Back in the day every top club put out their best side.Most first teamers would play upwards of 50 games a season.It goes to prove that it is difficult to keep these large squads happy.It will only get worse as the tv money increases.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:37 pm

I bet Burton are wishing Man City had disrespected the League Cup tonight. :lol:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:11 pm

Sneag wrote:I bet Burton are wishing Man City had disrespected the League Cup tonight. :lol:

Fair play to Man City. Would have been easy to stick the kids out tonight. They’ve now guaranteed a place in the final so stick the kids out for the 2nd leg.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum