{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Terracing

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Terracing

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Never really noticed it before but Carlisle have terracing to 3 sides, when were the all-seater rules relaxed to that extent or have they never converted to all seater.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Re: Terracing

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Never converted I guess, only compulsory in new grounds or in championship or above
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm

All seater grounds have never been implemented below the championship.

If you received grant funding at one time it was but I think that’s been relaxed now.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:43 pm

pemill wrote:Never really noticed it before but Carlisle have terracing to 3 sides, when were the all-seater rules relaxed to that extent or have they never converted to all seater.

there are plenty of grounds in League Two with terraces: Newport, Yeovil, Macclesfield, Carlisle, Exeter, Cambridge, Morecambe, Cheltenham, just for starters.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby groundhoppingstag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:50 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
pemill wrote:Never really noticed it before but Carlisle have terracing to 3 sides, when were the all-seater rules relaxed to that extent or have they never converted to all seater.

there are plenty of grounds in League Two with terraces: Newport, Yeovil, Macclesfield, Carlisle, Exeter, Cambridge, Morecambe, Cheltenham, just for starters.

+ Forest Green, Stevenage and Crawley.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:10 pm

Carlisle also have to tape off an entire block of seats as they are level with the terracing behind the goal. Apparently they were going to move the pitch thirty feet towards the flood plains but ran out of money after building the stand.
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:27 pm

Brunton Park one of my favourite league 2 grounds,their mainstand brought back memories of the old terracing below the West stand seats and every ground should have standing in a terrace behind the goals for home fans,Exeter's home terrace is spot on.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:47 pm

I’d love for us to rip the seats out behind one of the goals and have a big terrace.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:03 pm

I really miss being able to stand on the terraces, and being able to wander about to get a better view (or escape annoying people!). I'd pay extra for that!

Grimsby's stadium was a good traditional one but could have been better with a bit of terracing.
I did like their cash turnstile though. I was in the ground in five seconds, none of this having to walk halfway round to some ticket window then walk back.

I seem to recall that Yeovil's terracing wasn't available this season. But although they didn't have a cash turnstile you had to walk past the ticket window to get in and with a fairly small crowd it wasn't a problem.
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I’d love for us to rip the seats out behind one of the goals and have a big terrace.

Yep, and then recycle them somehow in the Bishop St. :)
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:I’d love for us to rip the seats out behind one of the goals and have a big terrace.

No. That would be a backward step. Time to develop Bishop St - with or without terracing.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby sunray » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:57 pm

So we rip out the seats and have to put them back in in 2021/22 when we reach the championship
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby SINA STAG » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:42 pm

Burton Albion have terracing on 3 sides of their ground
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:17 pm

Vice President wrote:

No. That would be a backward step. Time to develop Bishop St - with or without terracing.

I am pretty sure that our three new stands cannot be converted into terracing, I think something to do with the size of the steps, that they are only designed for seating. I'm sure this was discussed during the stadium redevelopment.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:31 pm

Not even sage standing ?
I’ve stood on terraces in Germany with extremely steep steps that were good enough for safe standing
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:05 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Not even sage standing ?
I’ve stood on terraces in Germany with extremely steep steps that were good enough for safe standing

Only thyme will tell :)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:08 pm

I would never stand on a terrace again!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby julianshatnasty » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:12 pm

I always stand on terracing if it's available. Maybe it's cos I grew up with it, maybe it feels liken the right way to watch, I don't really know. Many prefer it though, should always be an option.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Vice President wrote:

Exactly my thoughts too
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm

PRL13 wrote:I would never stand on a terrace again!

And you wouldn’t have too but for those that want/prefer it the option would be there.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:

Only thyme will tell :)

I see what you did there. Forgot my reading specs today. :)
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tinman » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:09 pm

My heart says bring back terracing like the 1970's by body says 'Get your arris on a seat'
First Stags Match Stags 0 Crewe 0, 14th September 1974
tinman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:47 pm

tinman wrote:My heart says bring back terracing like the 1970's by body says 'Get your arris on a seat'

It's the knees that do it.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:54 pm

Not sure about safe standing, it wasn't really a thing back in 2000 - I think that might be OK as seats are actually in place, just folded back.

I used to love standing and and am fully behind getting a terraced Bishop Street Stand (with the option to add seats when we go into the Champions League).
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:31 pm

If I buy a ticket in a seated stand I expect to be able to sit and watch the game sat down as I do in the west stand.I hate going to away games when a lot of stags fans stand up in the middle blocking the supporters view behind.This happened at Grimsby the viewing in this stand was terrible.I just hope we don't have to go there next season.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum