{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Bad day in the office....Nothing more

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Bad day in the office....Nothing more

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:14 pm

Field Mill wrote:Danny Rose hasn't played. Bishop shouldn't either. Been a fine player but he's way past it now for a 46 game season. If it was a kid from the youth team getting red carded at half time this board would be ablaze. Bishop should know better
Give him a bit of slack, he's been amazing for us this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:15 pm

Field Mill wrote:Danny Rose hasn't played. Bishop shouldn't either. Been a fine player but he's way past it now for a 46 game season. If it was a kid from the youth team getting red carded at half time this board would be ablaze. Bishop should know better

Correct, he should know better. He’ll be fine, serve his ban and we move on. Players make mistakes, he made a silly one and he and we paid the price today.

Doesn’t mean for one second he should be dropped, he ran the game against bury and had a blinder at Grimsby - should DF be silly enough to drop him whoever would take up his role?

Not only that but younger players like CJ who are learning their trade benefit from him in the side and it allows Mellis to roam further up the pitch.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 pm

:lol: You truly could not make this up. Bishop has clearly been our best player this season and you can kiss goodbye to promotion without him. We lose one game and out they come, it's predictable, boring and pathetic.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Field Mill » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:48 pm

Our best player? It takes all sorts i suppose. Fully supporting a superb team achievement even though it's come to an end but you always get the bedroom Brigadiers.
Field Mill
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Vice President » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:58 pm

We were always going to lose a game eventually - what counts is how we bounce back.

Bishop is one of our best players, and he can't be expected to be brilliant in every game. Those people who are writing him off after one bad game are crazy!

Danny Rose on the other hand has looked well below par for several months now.

The Stags have been excellent over the last 23 games. We have lost a game, away, against the most in form team in the league. That happens.

We are still one of the top teams in this league. The January transfer window could make all the difference ....... as will our support.

Let's go and win the next game and build momentum from there.

:coys:
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Bridgford Stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:06 pm

Imo I thought Bish, who has been immense in the games he's played has been losing it a bit?

Yes, he is a steady rock in our midfield and plays the simple ball, gets his foot in etc etc.

However I have noticed that he perhaps gets frustrated...be it old legs.... in recent home games and gives a bit of mouth off to refs.

He is experienced (and gets a yellow for the team I know) but he just needs to just get on with his game without moaning. AM was a wizz at getting free kicks without (too much!) moaning and pushing it too far with the officials.

Just an observation

Yep.. bad day at the office and Bish's red card - don't know what happened there -put us on the back foot.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team

Postby Sneag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:31 pm

JeffStell8ng mentioned today that today was Bishops 9th red card of his (long) career. He's a player who is always in the thick of the action and isn't afraid to lay a stud on someone. He's going to pick up cards, but he wouldn't be as effective if he didn't.

A week off might do him some good.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby stags4eva » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:09 pm

Sneag wrote:JeffStell8ng mentioned today that today was Bishops 9th red card of his (long) career. He's a player who is always in the thick of the action and isn't afraid to lay a stud on someone. He's going to pick up cards, but he wouldn't be as effective if he didn't.

Slightly irrelevant when he's been sent off for dissent and then carrying it on down the tunnel?

As has been said above, he should know better, and should be leading by example as the most experienced player.
stags4eva
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:11 pm

Field Mill wrote:Our best player? It takes all sorts i suppose. Fully supporting a superb team achievement even though it's come to an end but you always get the bedroom Brigadiers.

As I said, you saying Bishop is past it, his legs have gone and should be dropped is proabably going to win the most stupid comment of the year and it's only 5 Jan.

By the way, no Brigadiers in the RAF :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:29 pm

stags4eva wrote:
Sneag wrote:JeffStell8ng mentioned today that today was Bishops 9th red card of his (long) career. He's a player who is always in the thick of the action and isn't afraid to lay a stud on someone. He's going to pick up cards, but he wouldn't be as effective if he didn't.

Slightly irrelevant when he's been sent off for dissent and then carrying it on down the tunnel?

As has been said above, he should know better, and should be leading by example as the most experienced player.

So should have Zidane in the World Cup final when he head butted. One of the more decorated midfielders of recent times.

Made a mistake on the biggest stage, went on to manage Real Madrid. We all make mistakes and I’m sure he’s sorry and will make amends.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby G B » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:20 am

Everyone is entitled to an opinion Field Mill but me and many others obviously find your observation on Bishop's performances a bit bizarre to say the least. Are you on a wind up or something?
G B
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:46 am

Field Mill wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Blip. Well done to the players, staff and management on a magnificent run. Now let's go again. No excuses for Bishop though. Totally unprofessional.Should be fined and dropped. He's a yard off the pace anyway and should be used sparingly now.

An early contender for most stupid comment of 2019!

I thought it wouldn’t take long. :)

Predictable abuse from the bedsit intelligentsia. Ive seen loads of games this year and Bish, bless him has gone. His second touch is a slide tackle. He should be playing 20 games this season maximum. To be involved in aggro is unforgivable for someone of his experience. Fire at will all you keyboard warriors, UDM apologists and serial patronisers....

UDM apologists

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha

Hey dude. The 1980s called and they want you back.

Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:51 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Field Mill wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Rob wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Blip. Well done to the players, staff and management on a magnificent run. Now let's go again. No excuses for Bishop though. Totally unprofessional.Should be fined and dropped. He's a yard off the pace anyway and should be used sparingly now.

An early contender for most stupid comment of 2019!

I thought it wouldn’t take long. :)

Predictable abuse from the bedsit intelligentsia. Ive seen loads of games this year and Bish, bless him has gone. His second touch is a slide tackle. He should be playing 20 games this season maximum. To be involved in aggro is unforgivable for someone of his experience. Fire at will all you keyboard warriors, UDM apologists and serial patronisers....

UDM apologists

Hey dude. The 1980s called and they want you back.

Bish should have known better. Sure.

But it’s totally moronic to decry the man who will be our Player of the Season.

Bishop has been an astute acquisition who, despite his age, has been our most energetic and totally committed player this season.

Past it? I’d like two or three more Bishops!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 am

Let's not forget Carlisle are in a rich vein of form and played some excellent football, they did to us what we have been doing to other teams, all credit to Carlisle they made all our players look a yard off the pace but they only won by the odd goal due to our never say die attitude.

As for Bish, he's been a revelation this season and he's a first name on the team sheet, simple as that, he'll be gutted with himself, no need for bans or fines from the club, I'm sure he will have apologised to the gaffer and the rest of the team, that'll do for me.

So he'll serve his suspension and make himself available.

Opportunity arises for someone else to challenge for his position.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:50 am

Yes Bishop made an error of judgement, show me anyone who doesn't.

My thoughts have been more towards the gaffer,

1. Out thought by the Swindon manager (couldn't find a way through)
2. Out thought by the Carlisle manager (sat back and hit us on the break)
3. Doesn't seem to know the best position for CJ now the opposition have wised up on him

We have had a good run and rightly DF has taken the plaudits, now it is time for him to dig deep and get us on a winning track again with these two home games

I think he is the right man for the job, come on DF you have a top three budget, crack on
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:25 am

Of course Bishop should have known better but he is a warrior and made a mistake.

Drop him, gerraway, not a chance, he is the driving force in our team, my fear is who have we got who can possibly fill his boots, now and next season?

Will it just be a one game suspension or are his previous bookings taken into account.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:30 am

Back off Bishop he is our player of the season. They all tried to wind him up, Grainger, Their back room staff and the referee and don't forget the fourth official in the tunnel was our friend Seb. Stocksbridge. Why was the player who pushed Bish. And dragged him off the floor not sent off. A bit rash but he is human. If the rest played at his level we would be top of the table.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:46 am

Chimney wrote:Yes Bishop made an error of judgement, show me anyone who doesn't.

My thoughts have been more towards the gaffer,

1. Out thought by the Swindon manager (couldn't find a way through)
2. Out thought by the Carlisle manager (sat back and hit us on the break)
3. Doesn't seem to know the best position for CJ now the opposition have wised up on him

We have had a good run and rightly DF has taken the plaudits, now it is time for him to dig deep and get us on a winning track again with these two home games

I think he is the right man for the job, come on DF you have a top three budget, crack on
Well they would be wouldn't they.

If it's right what you say, which I have some doubt, being out thought by two managers in a league of 23 others ain't bad is it ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:02 am

bellwhiff wrote:Flitcroft out.

Is your mate Norman firing up his Chinese iPhone to come crashing in here ?

You are a bell Belly you really are!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 am

I know what kind of responses I'm going to get to this comment, but I haven't see anyone mention Logan's positioning for the first two goals. If he's on his line where he should be for the first strike it's straight at him. Rushes out for the second leaving an easy square and tap-in for the second.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am

Bishop as been player of the season for me. As for Danny Rose , it’s time to ship him out , apart from a little spurt when he was brought back in to the team he’s contributed very little for nearly a year!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:21 am

Bigger picture still has us sitting pretty in 4th with games in hand over bury.

First job is to get to 3rd. Second job is to create a definite gap between us in 3rd and 4th. Third job is to reel in MK and Lincoln.

We can still do this despite the loss yesterday. Was just a bad day at the office, like the OP said.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:23 am

12 wins from the last 21 games & we'll go up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:24 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers mate, gave me a good chuckle.

I agree though at 37 I’m not expecting him to do all 46 games and we need to manage his fitness a little and yes he should really know better at his age! That said how many man of the match performances has he had in the first half of the season?
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:27 am

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... -mansfield

Tbf, seems like Logan Pearce and Sweeny were all at fault for their goals. All were very defendable.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum