{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Hayden's stepovers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Carlisle scorefred sponsored by Hayden's stepovers

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Six Months ago Rose was the saviour, don't go Danny ect... Now you want rid?
Give your head a shake
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby northern stag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:49 pm

Danny was a nonentity today probably won 1 header all day and did nothing else of note, he does need to up his game.
Totally anonymous performance from Hamilton too, only Walker posed a threat.
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:50 pm

tuopolfpilf wrote:Six Months ago Rose was the saviour, don't go Danny ect... Now you want rid?
Give your head a shake

I am basing it on his general play as much as his lack of scoring. I don't see what he adds at present. Whether that means get rid or recognise that we could develop Jordan Graham more by bringing him on first is a moot point
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:53 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:Six Months ago Rose was the saviour, don't go Danny ect... Now you want rid?
Give your head a shake

I am basing it on his general play as much as his lack of scoring. I don't see what he adds at present. Whether that means get rid or recognise that we could develop Jordan Graham more by bringing him on first is a moot point

Don’t waste your breath with this poster GFB. It’s first time I’ve seen him post for a bit and his name flip flop out back to front so go figure.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:56 pm

On a positive note I had a fine steak pie. ;) :mtfc:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:01 pm

Me to Scot it was sublime

Pie and a Fosters for £6 And sky sports news.
Very enjoyable.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:05 pm

Even when Danny was scoring goals, his link play was never the best. I'm not sure he can succeed in a Flitcroft system. We perhaps should've cashed on him in the summer when his stock was still pretty high. Easy to say now.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:11 pm

Didn't want to sell Rose earlier in the season and still don't, but I have to admit at the moment he doesn't look 40% of the player of last season. Just don't know why, even the effort doesn't look his usual 100% :? .
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:12 pm

Rose is a good back up striker - not sure he’ll want to be back up for much longer though.

Today’s game was always going to be hard, luckily our recent form has been good so this doesn’t impact us that much. We still have two games in hand over most!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:18 pm

StagsForLIFE wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:We look miles off being promotion material.

You are one massive tool, we literally could have Messi Ronaldo and Neymar up front and idiots like you will moan.

You been on the shandy ? Because either you were watching a different game to me? Or know nothing about football . ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:25 pm

scotsstag wrote:Didn't want to sell Rose earlier in the season and still don't, but I have to admit at the moment he doesn't look 40% of the player of last season. Just don't know why, even the effort doesn't look his usual 100% :? .

I can tell you why
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:32 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
scotsstag wrote:Didn't want to sell Rose earlier in the season and still don't, but I have to admit at the moment he doesn't look 40% of the player of last season. Just don't know why, even the effort doesn't look his usual 100% :? .

I can tell you why

Gone ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:37 pm

Getting back on topic.

Not good today but we are all realists, you can't win them all of play well all the time.

My biggest worry is Bishop being suspended, we have no one to play his role at the club. Do his previous bookings come into play, could he face more than one game out?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:39 pm

oldweststander wrote:Getting back on topic.

Not good today but we are all realists, you can't win them all of play well all the time.

My biggest worry is Bishop being suspended, we have no one to play his role at the club. Do his previous bookings come into play, could he face more than one game out?

Us in the crowd seemed to think it was 3 games as a straight red? But we were all in the dark.

Hopefully you’re right and it’s only 1
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:41 pm

Belly knows whats happened to danny ,probably not ,just got to accept days like these happen well beaten ,today ,just re group and move on ,
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:42 pm

Billy the fish wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I can tell you why

Gone ?

Bet you cant
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:44 pm

adamstag wrote:

Us in the crowd seemed to think it was 3 games as a straight red? But we were all in the dark.

1 game ban for 2 yellows
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:57 pm

adamstag wrote:

His did you work out it was a straight red? He was shown a yellow on the pitch and nobody knew what had happened in the tunnel.
Grainger got a yellow for the tackle on Bishop who reacted badly to being dragged around while he was lying down. Who wouldn’t? Bishop got booked for this and then, according to Flitcroft, had another “face to face” altercation with Grainger who had got in his face.He got a second yellow for this which would mean a 1 match ban. Not sure why Grainger didn’t get a second yellow too!. The tunnel at Carlisle is very narrow and maybe we should have been a bit smarter and got one of our staff down the tunnel with Bish who was clearly, and understandably, rattled by what had happened just before half time.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby part time pete » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:10 pm

Really disappointed in Mellis today but he did get clobbered in first minute of game and he was never himself all game.

Got the felling that they plan was to rough up Mellis and Bishop and that’s what they did.

Their plan worked to perfection by roughing up our mid field, sitting back and hitting us on the break.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Carlisle were energetic and they had done their homework. They knew that when our full backs come forward, if they can win the ball back (which they did relentlessly) then we were badly exposed down the flanks. Both first half goals could be attributed to this.

Based on our performance in the first half, we would have lost to most teams. Oddly, we played much better in the second half when Bishop’s sending off meant adopting a flat back four. We scored two goals and might even have nicked a third. Had we done so, it would have been robbery.

We deserved what we got today. Now - the monkey’s off their backs. I can’t see them playing as badly again. Onward and Upwards. COYS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:35 pm

Another side punishing us by playing 3 up top. Difference this time is Carlisle have more about them.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby groundhoppingstag » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:40 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:10th February 1979 Division 3 (League 1): Carlisle United 1 Mansfield Town 0

A good report on a previous encounter between the two sides with some good photos of Rod Arnold, Kevin Bird, John McLelland, Mick Saxby, Ian Wood, Bob Curtis, Russ Allen etc

The late Neville Hamilton was making his debut for the Stags having signed from Leicester City for £20,000 (worth around £100,000 nowadays).

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/173 ... d-in-1979/

That was my first visit to Brunton Park, went through quite a bit of snow to get there.
groundhoppingstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:02 am

yorkshire stag wrote:with 11 players on the pitch second half who knows what we could have achieved

We would've in my opinion, Bish was silly, but the aftermath of the foul was a wind up by the Carlisle players close to him for the first yellow. One of their guys did something to him to make him react. Shameful by them.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:49 am

spanishstag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I can tell you why

Gone ?

Bet you cant

He’s just going through the motions.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 am

[quote="tuopolfpilf"]Six Months ago Rose was the saviour, don't go Danny ect... Now you want rid?
Give your head a shake[/quote]
Not to me he wasn't. Six months ago he was being tapped up by fat boy and putting in a transfer request. Bang average, if that.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum