{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Grimsby Scorethread sponsored by Conrad Logan's Clean Sheets

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Grimsby Scorethread sponsored by Conrad Logan's Clean Sh

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:58 pm

Warsop Stag wrote:How lovely to see Peterborough crashing and burning as well.

Yes, they have dropped out of the play off spots.

Steve Evans will be happy it's now the transfer window so he can put things right :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:02 pm

BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Warsop Stag » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Steve Evans will be happy it's now the transfer window so he can put things right :D

There’s a heart warming 22 page ‘Evans Out’ thread on Londonroad.net if anyone’s at a loose end.
Warsop Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:07 pm

BigGuy wrote:I started crying half way through this, feel really sorry for them...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/sport-opinion/mansfield-defeat-game-far-grimsby-2379964.amp

Embleton threw himself to the floor, it was pathetic. Mitch Rose clearly kicked a Stags player and should have been red carded, it was off the ball and I am sure the video will prove it. The referee twice stopped play for a free kick to us when we had a clear advantage, the latter a one on one for CJ. Yes the referee was poor, but more so against us then them. At least he says we were the better side, which of course we were.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:12 pm

Never seen such a positive opinion of us from an opposition fans page. All thought we will go up.
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby one f in mansfield » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:23 pm

https://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1546356497/

Very honest comments from the cod heads
Don,t believe everything you read on the internet --William Gladstone 1872
one f in mansfield
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:51 pm

Warsop Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

There’s a heart warming 22 page ‘Evans Out’ thread on Londonroad.net if anyone’s at a loose end.

Won’t be long the way they are going. That would be the icing on the cake. Stags in Top 3 and Evans gets his P45
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:59 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Won’t be long the way they are going. That would be the icing on the cake. Stags in Top 3 and Evans gets his P45

Apparently their fans were really turning against him in the main stand today. They've had enough of his antics.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:05 pm

ParisStag wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Apparently their fans were really turning against him in the main stand today. They've had enough of his antics.

This is off their forum:
I refuse to set foot in London Road again until he's gone. I'll just watch us away instead so that the club don't get a penny of my hard earned dollar.

He now claims he needs even more players despite signing 18 in the summer. So by that logic the man has failed TWICE, yet DMac remains utterly besotted with this thoroughly unpleasant individual so get set for another clear out & more 'mentally strong' characters hand picked by this clown. :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:07 pm

whats even better about the posh debacle is that grant mccann (who was fired from posh) has overtaken them with doncaster who have less resources than them apparently
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:10 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
This is off their forum:
I refuse to set foot in London Road again until he's gone. I'll just watch us away instead so that the club don't get a penny of my hard earned dollar.

He now claims he needs even more players despite signing 18 in the summer. So by that logic the man has failed TWICE, yet DMac remains utterly besotted with this thoroughly unpleasant individual so get set for another clear out & more 'mentally strong' characters hand picked by this clown. :lol:

It's really quite upsetting isn't it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:17 pm

This is awful news.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:32 pm

it's his dream job, though!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:43 pm

I wonder how much support he is getting from his wife’s family. They’re all Posh fans aren’t they?
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:35 pm

Was this our first “double” this season?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:55 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Was this our first “double” this season?

yes, but we've only played three teams twice
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Normally sh** floats to the top, but not in Boro's case :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:32 am

China on the horizon?
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:11 pm

Watched the game on iFollow last night. A comfortable win for the Stags against an in form Grimsby. We should have scored more goals from the chances we created. Grimsby hardly threatened the Stags goal but Matt Preston was lucky not to concede a penalty at the end. Some referees would have given it for the slight push in the back. Conrad Logan did have to make a couple of saves at the start of the 2nd half but they were fairly routine.

My Man of the Match was Hayden White who had an excellent game. He has certainly been coming back to top form in recent games. It made up for him getting subbed at half time against Grimsby last year on Boxing Day. Jacob Mellis and Neal Bishop were very good in midfield. Tyler Walker worked hard and should have scored a couple of goals. CJ should also have scored a couple. He would have had a simple finish on his left foot if Tyler had not nipped in front of him in the first half. My only niggle was that our defence gave possession away too easily at times especially Mal Benning but we kept a clean sheet. Krystian Pearce was the pick of the back three with some good interceptions especially in the 2nd half.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:12 pm

One of the best things about the Grimsby win was that the winning goal came from another corner. Woohoo! Set pieces can be vital in winning tight games. That's our 3rd goal direct from corners. We have also scored two more where the initial corner was cleared or headed away.

I thought James McKeown should have saved Neal Bishop's header though. If that had been Conrad Logan then he would have been hammered on here.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:One of the best things about the Grimsby win was that the winning goal came from another corner. Woohoo! Set pieces can be vital in winning tight games. That's our 3rd goal direct from corners. We have also scored two more where the initial corner was cleared or headed away.

I thought James McKeown should have saved Neal Bishop's header though. If that had been Conrad Logan then he would have been hammered on here.

Yep that McKeown sure is great!!! Also don’t think it was a penalty at all near the end. Preston was strong and their guy went down super easy. Good refereeing imo.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:One of the best things about the Grimsby win was that the winning goal came from another corner. Woohoo! Set pieces can be vital in winning tight games. That's our 3rd goal direct from corners. We have also scored two more where the initial corner was cleared or headed away.

Yep that McKeown sure is great!!! Also don’t think it was a penalty at all near the end. Preston was strong and their guy went down super easy. Good refereeing imo.

He is an outstanding keeper, probably the best in this division. He made a fantastic save from Walker as well as a few others. On the goal, the ball came through a crowded area and my guess is he and the defender on the line saw it too late to react as it was a very powerful header. I'd have McKeown here in a heartbeat, I'd hire Woodclanger to go and pick him up for me :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:13 pm

Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

He is an outstanding keeper, probably the best in this division. He made a fantastic save from Walker as well as a few others. On the goal, the ball came through a crowded area and my guess is he and the defender on the line saw it too late to react as it was a very powerful header. I'd have McKeown here in a heartbeat, I'd hire Woodclanger to go and pick him up for me :lol:

I think if either McKeown or the defender were on the line, and not both, then they'd have stopped it, the fact that both of them were there and the ball was between them meant that in the split second they had to decide they both hesitated because of the presence of the other - in the same way a cricket ball goes through the slips sometimes. If the defender wasn't 2 yards away from McKeown, he'd have caught it.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:16 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

I think if either McKeown or the defender were on the line, and not both, then they'd have stopped it, the fact that both of them were there and the ball was between them meant that in the split second they had to decide they both hesitated because of the presence of the other - in the same way a cricket ball goes through the slips sometimes. If the defender wasn't 2 yards away from McKeown, he'd have caught it.

I was only joking of course fellas. I would have him too, but he’s not better than Bobby imo. He is slightly better than Conrad.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:31 pm

Marky Mark wrote:
Rob wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:

So what you really mean is it was crap goalkeeping. I've seen it. It was right at him. Logan would have saved that.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum