{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A Thread About Notts County

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let’s Have A Thread About Nottm County

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Anyone knows where he lives in Mansfield, we could pay him a visit and paint his windows amber and blue like they used to do at the pit, I still have a tin in the shed which will have to do, it's methane yellow for all the owd miners :lol:
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:59 pm

A simple 'you're not driving anymore' for My Hardy would suffice, or 'where's your license gone, where's your license gone'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm

:lol: Can you handle 18.22 seconds :lol:

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:44 am

Just found this on line an interview by Kristian Dennis in the Nottingham Post....

Kristian Dennis is hoping to add Mansfield Town to the list of clubs he has scored against and says scoring for Notts County against their local rivals would be “extra special”.

The joint top scorer is expected to lead the frontline against the Stags in the much-anticipated derby at the One Call Stadium as Neal Ardley prepares to take charge of his first league game since becoming manager of relegation bound Nottingham County

Dennis has already had a taste of what he can expect on Saturday having played for Chesterfield against Mansfield last season, but since their relegation from the football league he quotes I couldn't wait to get far away from the sheep warriors that was another game which also has a white-hot atmosphere and I failed to score but to be honest I couldn't be bothered because no one else was trying to stop the Stags playing football.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:01 am

SINA STAG wrote:Just found this on line an interview by Kristian Dennis in the Nottingham Post....

Kristian Dennis is hoping to add Mansfield Town to the list of clubs he has scored against and says scoring for Notts County against their local rivals would be “extra special”.

The joint top scorer is expected to lead the frontline against the Stags in the much-anticipated derby at the One Call Stadium as Neal Ardley prepares to take charge of his first league game since becoming manager of relegation bound Nottingham County

Dennis has already had a taste of what he can expect on Saturday having played for Chesterfield against Mansfield last season, but since their relegation from the football league he quotes I couldn't wait to get far away from the sheep warriors that was another game which also has a white-hot atmosphere and I failed to score but to be honest I couldn't be bothered because no one else was trying to stop the Stags playing football.

:lol: sheep worriers
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby robeyre » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:51 am

Amberheart wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:Just found this on line an interview by Kristian Dennis in the Nottingham Post....

:lol: sheep worriers

What a nice loyal man. Just what you need at a club fighting relegation to the national league. Thank godges not in our camp.
Got a talent but its only to wind up stags fans!!
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby darrenb » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:07 pm

Come on this is a dream, Clownty going down to vanarama, with the spirites lucky if they even stay in vanarama, could make this chit up :)
darrenb
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Unless Cone head dips into his pockets they are Raspberried.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:Unless Cone head dips into his pockets they are Raspberried.

He’s dipped in enough to pay for a couple of decent players in manager compo.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm

Dennis, having watched you for County and Chesterfield against us last season and this, I can safely say that the next words for your employer should be, ‘Would you like fries with this?’
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 pm

Why buy a player who couldn't be bothered??
Talking to a county fan and it seems no player is bothered.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:47 am

:lol: Alan Here we go Hardy into the pit of misery the drinks are on me :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_07nPqaR7M

DILLY DILLY
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:27 am

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: Alan Here we go Hardy into the pit of misery the drinks are on me :lol: :lol:

DILLY DILLY

Random.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote::lol: Alan Here we go Hardy into the pit of misery the drinks are on me :lol: :lol:

DILLY DILLY

Random.

Hero?? ;)

Mind you, anyone that actually likes Bud Light is probably a bit random :P

Ardley has his work cut out, although i would expect them to start picking up a few points from the odd draw along the way. It could be down to a huge bust-up between the squad, but I'm still convinced something is rotten at boardroom / owner level. Players like Vaughan, Hemmings, Dennis & Boudewijn looking so disinterested suggests that unprofessionalism runs right through the club, and my guess is it starts with Hardy.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 pm

MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

DILLY DILLY

Random.

Hero?? ;)

Mind you, anyone that actually likes Bud Light is probably a bit random :P

Ardley has his work cut out, although i would expect them to start picking up a few points from the odd draw along the way. It could be down to a huge bust-up between the squad, but I'm still convinced something is rotten at boardroom / owner level. Players like Vaughan, Hemmings, Dennis & Boudewijn looking so disinterested suggests that unprofessionalism runs right through the club, and my guess is it starts with Hardy.

I agree with that, they looked a lot like Northampton did, the difference being County have a new manager. If he didn't know the size of the task he does now.
Dare I say it I think Macclesfield may surprise a few, they were difficult to break down at Colchester on Sat, I can't see Chelts going, they know exactly what's needed to survive, so County could be in it right to the death.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 pm

I think Ardley will sort them out
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:39 pm

I think they’ll be battling to the end of the season but they should have enough about them to stay up. It depends how well the manager uses January and the existing players, I always thought chesterfield would stay up but agent Lester did a great job of bringing in inexperienced youth players that melted under the pressure.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 pm

Apologies for the C word in the last post!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Jimstag wrote:I think they’ll be battling to the end of the season but they should have enough about them to stay up. It depends how well the manager uses January and the existing players, I always thought chesterfield would stay up but agent Lester did a great job of bringing in inexperienced youth players that melted under the pressure.

Thing is when you're down there good players are loathe to sign for you and you're lucky to be able to get them to gel. Just as a comparison where were t'sheep after 21 games and how many points did they have last season ?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Jimstag wrote:I think they’ll be battling to the end of the season but they should have enough about them to stay up. It depends how well the manager uses January and the existing players, I always thought chesterfield would stay up but agent Lester did a great job of bringing in inexperienced youth players that melted under the pressure.

Thing is when you're down there good players are loathe to sign for you and you're lucky to be able to get them to gel. Just as a comparison where were t'sheep after 21 games and how many points did they have last season ?

they had 20 (twenty) points, County have only 16 now
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:59 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I think Ardley will sort them out

If you went Belly you would see just how bad they were. If you didn’t go, then I can see why you would say that. Ardley has a massive task with that defence and midfield. Worse team I’ve seen for years.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:29 pm

part time pete wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

WOW, really. It's gonna be tough for them to turn it around seeing that. To get to anything like safety they're going to need at least 30 more points from 25 games. Watching them Sat they didn't look as good as t'sheep did when we played them at the dip.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:15 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:I think Ardley will sort them out

If you went Belly you would see just how bad they were. If you didn’t go, then I can see why you would say that. Ardley has a massive task with that defence and midfield. Worse team I’ve seen for years.

He didn't, so he don't. :roll:
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:11 pm

part time pete wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

How do you know that? After 21 games?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:50 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
part time pete wrote:
Spiritater wrote:

How do you know that? After 21 games?

AWC try this link.

It shows Spireites with 20 pts after 21 games, County had 42 pts same point last season.

Ironically the top 7 where the same teams come May albeit in a different order.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/league-two/12-december-2017/
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum