{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About non-league Chesterfield

Postby Stoney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:55 pm

This is their first step in preparation to go part time and truly tinpot.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:58 pm

I’d be worrying if I were a spireite, looks like a list of top earners to me.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:42 pm

Looks like an attempt to offload higher earners to me. Could they be planning for going part time?!

By the way, they paid £70,000 for that bloke who looks like a binman up front for them. Now I know we have signed some tripe in the past, but that is just ludicrous!
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Dilly Dilly
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 am

Always cheering to read this sort of stuff after last nights no show by the boys. It makes me struggle to keep my porridge from spurting out of my nostrils I'm sniggering so much :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:54 am

lifestags wrote:put some first team players on the transfer list:

CHESTERFIELD MAKE PLAYERS AVAILABLE

Chesterfield have published a list of players who are available to leave the club.

Kyel Reid, Marc-Antoine Fortune and Zavon Hines are all free to leave, while Shwan Jalal can go out on loan.

Joe Anyon, Michael Nelson and Robbie Weir are all available on a free transfer or loan deal.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

I can't see anything relevant on that link. But here it is official, written in bizarre fashion as if it's an internal memo;

https://www.chesterfield-fc.co.uk/news/2018/december/20181204-seven-players-made-available/?fbclid=IwAR2riOQcFtr60vrPQIKJycw3jtxVrmcxQnVKx6olHbBk21gfNfew34f0lJ0
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:06 am

Really bizarre. Must be the worst run football club in England. The tables have well and truly been turned ha ha ha
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby thefamilyvontrapp » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:06 pm

I was talking to a ‘mamba’ head in Mansfield market place yesterday... I said “you should be ashamed of yourself” “have you any pride at all”

He said “ there’s worse people than me mate”

I asked “who could be worse than you”

He said “ I used to be a direshite fan”

I shook his hand and said “good luck in your remission”
thefamilyvontrapp
First Team
First Team

Postby m1cksut » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Really bizarre. Must be the worst run football club in England. The tables have well and truly been turned ha ha ha

oh, i dunno, clownty are giving them a run for their money!
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:11 am

“We’re not rabble rousers” – Chesterfield fans planning ‘peaceful gathering’ to protest ‘sad decline’ of their club

A lifelong Chesterfield supporter says his planned Proact protest is not about manager Martin Allen, but the club’s ‘sad decline.’ Paul Goodwin, who runs the Bridge Inn Blues travel club, has arranged a ‘peaceful gathering’ for 2.30pm on 15th December, when Basford United visit in the FA Trophy.

He insists the aim of the protest is not to stop anyone going to the game, but recently decided something had to be done to express supporter discontent.

Having first gone to a game with his grandfather in 1966, Mr Goodwin says he’s saddened and alarmed by where the Spireites currently find themselves. “I had my first season ticket in 1970, next July it will be 10 years that I’ve been running the travel club,” he said. “The football club has been the biggest part of my life, apart from my family, I can’t describe what it means really. “I care a lot about the club and I don’t like to see it where it is now.”

Bridge Inn Blues have enjoyed a good relationship with the club, helping to finance equipment and sponsoring shirts. So the decision to hold a protest was not taken lightly, Mr Goodwin says. “We’re not rabble-rousers but I can’t quite see how the club survives if it continues like this,”he said. “It became apparent that there was a need for something to happen, even just an expression of opinion.

“People are giving up on the club and if there’s no club next year, or not in the sense we know it, and you’ve not tried anything, you haven’t got a chance then”.

“It’s only more work and potential grief, so I didn’t do it lightly. “I don’t expect it to change anything particularly. “There’s been quite a positive response but what I want to be very clear about is that I’m not trying to stop anyone from going. “This is not about Martin Allen or previous managers, it’s about the sad decline of a club that means a lot to the town, to the borough.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:14 am

Chesterfield FC responds to protest plans: ‘Dave Allen remains committed to improving club fortunes’

Chesterfield director Ashley Carson has responded to news of a fan protest by reiterating the owner’s commitment to improving the club’s fortunes. Bridge Inn Blues travel club have announced plans to hold a ‘peaceful gathering’ before the Basford United game on 15th December.

The Spireites company secretary said the board members acknowledged that the current season has not lived up to expectation: “While respecting the rights of supporters who wish to make their feelings known, I would like to stress that we as a board are well aware that the position we find ourselves in falls well short of what we all expected. “The necessary funds have been made available to assemble a squad capable of challenging for promotion and we share the great disappointment expressed by the manager about the results this season.” And he highlighted the role owner Dave Allen continues to play in financing the club. “As the majority shareholder, Dave Allen continues to provide substantial funds to keep the club afloat and remains committed to improving the club’s fortunes. “Without his considerable financial support, the club would simply not be in a position to continue.”
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:43 pm

[quote="STAGS FOR LIFE"]Chesterfield FC responds to protest plans: ‘Dave Allen remains committed to improving club fortunes’

Chesterfield director Ashley Carson has responded to news of a fan protest by reiterating the owner’s commitment to improving the club’s fortunes. Bridge Inn Blues travel club have announced plans to hold a ‘peaceful gathering’ before the Basford United game on 15th December.

The Spireites company secretary said the board members acknowledged that the current season has not lived up to expectation: “While respecting the rights of supporters who wish to make their feelings known, I would like to stress that we as a board are well aware that the position we find ourselves in falls well short of what we all expected. “The necessary funds have been made available to assemble a squad capable of challenging for promotion and we share the great disappointment expressed by the manager about the results this season.” And he highlighted the role owner Dave Allen continues to play in financing the club. “As the majority shareholder, Dave Allen continues to provide substantial funds to keep the club afloat and remains committed to improving the club’s fortunes. “Without his considerable financial support, the club would simply not be in a position to continue.”[/quote]

In other words shut the #### up because this is the best your going to get go n protest n let's see how the club stays afloat without Dave Allen's scraps off the top table to your lowly peasants who keep on moaning the sun doesn't shine on matchdays you've got a shirt on your back n roof over your head and something to do on a Saturday or a night in midweek if you want success n to smile have a team to shout for go over the M1 and watch the Stags.......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby 88BenM » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:48 pm

As a fan of football, it's truly shocking that the owners of Chesterfield FC are allowed to do as they wish, completely unopposed in every decision they make.
As a Stags fan I find it highly amusing and it's great to see that karma has finally caught up with them after a decade.
88BenM
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:49 pm

Hines gone to Bromley Bob Board in mealt down getting rid of one of their better players to a team in around the sheep

You couldn't make it up never mind write it.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby gazzert » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Hines gone to Bromley Bob Board in mealt down getting rid of one of their better players to a team in around the sheep

Watched their game at Halifax on the box a couple of weeks back.. and he was certainly their most dangerous player on that day.

Shows how far in decline they are when one of the better players is passed to Bromley (no disrespect intended towards them but the Sheep-Worriers believe they are a league club!)
Gaz.
gazzert
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:43 pm

SINA STAG wrote:Hines gone to Bromley Bob Board in mealt down getting rid of one of their better players to a team in around the sheep

:hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: Bloody hell I've just blurted tomato soup out me nostrils all over t'screen
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby west country stag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:46 am

The spireites demise is welcomed by most of us , after the abuse we got after falling into the non league trap .
I hope they fall further down the pyramid & that will stop the sheepshaggers bleating off at us again .
COME ON YOU STAGS !!
WEST COUNTRY'S No 1 FAN
....... ALL RIGHT MI DUCK ......
west country stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 am

ha bloody ha they deserve every single thing that happens to them, not so funny now is it ya sheep shaggin bent church six fingered bin sniffers
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:38 am

[quote="Spiritater"][quote="SINA STAG"]Hines gone to Bromley Bob Board in mealt down getting rid of one of their better players to a team in around the sheep

You couldn't make it up never mind write it.....[/quote]
:hysteria: :hysteria: :rofl: :rofl: :hysteria: :hysteria: Bloody hell I've just blurted tomato soup out me nostrils all over t'screen[/quote]

With or without Croutons?
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am

Still trying to dislodge a crouton with a toothpick .
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:56 am

yorkshire stag wrote:ha bloody ha they deserve every single thing that happens to them, not so funny now is it ya sheep shaggin bent church six fingered bin sniffers

Absolutely ! :lol: :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby e4d0 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:05 am

yorkshire stag wrote:ha bloody ha they deserve every single thing that happens to them, not so funny now is it ya sheep shaggin bent church six fingered bin sniffers

Couldn't agree more. :lol: :lol:
e4d0
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby CassellsCap » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:20 pm

Amberheart wrote:

Absolutely ! :lol: :lol:

Here here !!
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 pm

:) McGuire out 6 weeks

Martin: "The unity of the group is massive"

Ahead of Saturday’s game against Salford City, manager Martin Allen reflected on the Spireites’ FA Cup loss last weekend, stating that the team are ‘very disappointed’.

“It’s part and parcel of our job to accept defeats, but it’s our first loss in 12 games and the players are understandably very disappointed.

“The third round brings a lot of excitement to the players, the club and the supporters, but we’ll bounce back.

“They’re a good young group, they are hungry and full of energy. The players put in a very good effort and we matched them for 60 minutes.

We had some good chances in the first half and we should have been out of sight, but they weren’t taken.”

Salford City are currently in second place in the National League, one point behind the league leaders.

Allen mentioned that Saturday’s game will be a tough test for the Spireites, by saying: “We’re playing a great team. They have some dangerous forwards who can hurt us and other good players throughout the team.

“They’ve built on their momentum of being a winning team. We’ve got to be on the front foot from the first minute.

“We need to match up and compete against them. So, when the chances come, we need to bury them.

“I’m going to be the first one into that technical area tomorrow afternoon. I want a great performance from our players and a great performance from our supporters.

“Then, whatever happens, I can leave here knowing we all gave our best.”

Despite not winning in 12 games, Allen revealed what the squad’s mood is like going into this weekends match.

“You’ve seen the spirit of players in previous games. The spirit, the camaraderie and the unity of the group is massive,” said Allen.

“Within the group, it's tight, it’s passionate and it’s close. The desire if anything is too great.

“The way we’ve been playing, the players have fought for everything. If you came to Eastleigh, you could see it.

“With five minutes to go, it looked like their centre-forward was going to tap it in, but Binnom-Williams dived across the 12-yard box with a sliding challenge, it was brilliant.”

During Friday’s pre-match press conference, Allen disclosed that the Spireites will be without Joe Rowley due to suspension.

He also mentioned that the Spireites will be without Laurence Maguire because of a knee injury that could keep the defender out of action for around 6 weeks.

“It’s a massive loss for us. He’s (Maguire) grown in stature and confidence since the start of the season,” stated Allen.

“He’s stepped in and he’s shown good leadership skills so far this season. He’s a good player and person, it is a blow for us.”
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Their accounts make great reading....

You know...for a club that constantly bleats on about how their stadium is amazing and how they get massive crowds every week etc etc....

http://thebootifulgame.co.uk/2018/12/10 ... 0k-a-week/
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum