{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturday’s Without Football

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Saturday’s Without Football

Postby spainmick » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:30 am

Will be in Singapore on last leg of Asian Holiday...can't watch Jeff Stelling as Singapore is 8 hours in front
spainmick
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:36 am

thefamilyvontrapp wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
whipster221073 wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Pete tong :D

:clap:
At the O2, will be great.
Manchester last night was excellent. Insomnia played by the orchestra was spine tingling.
My ears are still ringing.

Glad you liked it. I was afraid it might be some kind of Nostalgia-nightmare like Moondance or one of those Ibiza revival Weekenders at Butlins. But it's not some old fart like Dave Pearce just hammering the classics. The orchestra is what made me want to go. SASHA did something like this recently but played it in a theater. Totally lost the vibe despite being quite good.

Do you mean ‘the man like SASHA’?

Yep the Sasha from Sasha and digweed.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:01 pm

It looks like Renishaw Rangers (6th) v Retford FC (2nd) or Retford United (5th) v Clay Cross (1st) for me in the Central Midlands League.

The crowd for Retford United v Retford FC a few weeks' ago was 859 which must be a record for the Central Midlands League.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:02 pm

Tbh like the players it’s nice to have a bit of a break from the footy for a weekend.

Been to the trafford centre and got presents, having a pint in the local, it’s not bad really
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:15 pm

adamstag wrote:Tbh like the players it’s nice to have a bit of a break from the footy for a weekend.

Been to the trafford centre and got presents, having a pint in the local, it’s not bad really

Totally agree, football is at saturation point and most of it boring.
A break is good and makes me excited to see the super Stags again in a weeks time. COYS
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Seems like a lot of the Lincoln fans have the same opinion. Only 6438 at Sincil Bank today.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
adamstag wrote:Tbh like the players it’s nice to have a bit of a break from the footy for a weekend.

Totally agree, football is at saturation point and most of it boring.
A break is good and makes me excited to see the super Stags again in a weeks time. COYS

I don't know if it's just me but right now I am excited to see Mansfield play week in week out. I haven't felt like that for a long long time. This break is killing me :lol: but the players need a good rest and they deserve it too.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:28 am

halifaxstag wrote:Seems like a lot of the Lincoln fans have the same opinion. Only 6438 at Sincil Bank today.

Here's hoping in years to come that one day someone'll put a post up saying the same about us... but referring to t'Mill.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:27 am

Spiritater wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:Seems like a lot of the Lincoln fans have the same opinion. Only 6438 at Sincil Bank today.

Here's hoping in years to come that one day someone'll put a post up saying the same about us... but referring to t'Mill.

Quite 'tater
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby BigGuy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:45 am

Pass the time wisely by visiting for example the London Road Peterboro' forum, and laughing your backside at the 'Evans Out' thread, and praising the fact he did us a huge favour by waddling off into the distance when he did.

We are so much better on and off the field from a year ago, forget any league position, the club is on the up, this toad would have taken us to ruin.

Superb comments from Posh fans, now the realise what type of man he is.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby spanishstag » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:39 pm

I spent my day having a few beers in the sun then an early night so i could be up at 5 for the fury ,wilder fight ,it was a cracker thought fury had done enough ,but how he got off the floor in the final round god only knows ,he,s a lot better than many realise so joshua beware
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:27 pm

BigGuy wrote:Pass the time wisely by visiting for example the London Road Peterboro' forum, and laughing your backside at the 'Evans Out' thread, and praising the fact he did us a huge favour by waddling off into the distance when he did.

We are so much better on and off the field from a year ago, forget any league position, the club is on the up, this toad would have taken us to ruin.

Interesting that most of the Peterborough fans say they're struggling in central midfield and with creativity. Sounds very, very familiar.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 pm

James wrote:
BigGuy wrote:Pass the time wisely by visiting for example the London Road Peterboro' forum, and laughing your backside at the 'Evans Out' thread, and praising the fact he did us a huge favour by waddling off into the distance when he did.

Interesting that most of the Peterborough fans say they're struggling in central midfield and with creativity. Sounds very, very familiar.

They are 4th in the table (improvement from last season) and still in striking distance of the top three who are all in top form at the moment.
Their league record is P20 W11 D5 L4 Pts 38 (average 1.90 PPG which if extrapolated through the season usually gets you automatic promotion)
Is this struggling ???? Might be a case of style versus results
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:10 pm

ST4GS wrote:
James wrote:

They are 4th in the table (improvement from last season) and still in striking distance of the top three who are all in top form at the moment.
Their league record is P20 W11 D5 L4 Pts 38 (average 1.90 PPG which if extrapolated through the season usually gets you automatic promotion)

And the fact that I suspect a lot of Posh fans just don't like the bloke, which is very understandable :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Rob wrote:
ST4GS wrote:
James wrote:

And the fact that I suspect a lot of Posh fans just don't like the bloke, which is very understandable :lol:

Exactly. A very good example of Marmitis !!
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:39 am

On a cruise currently. In Dubai for 3 days.

Gutted to be missing the County match, will attempt to watch on ifollow from India!
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:02 am

Foresttownstag wrote:On a cruise currently. In Dubai for 3 days.

Gutted to be missing the County match, will attempt to watch on ifollow from India!

I hope it’s all inclusive or your Dad will never get a drink out of you!
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:18 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:On a cruise currently. In Dubai for 3 days.

I hope it’s all inclusive or your Dad will never get a drink out of you!

It is, lucky him!

I’ve bought every single one of the 2,000 passengers a drink.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum