{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tonights Games

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Tonights Games

Postby The One » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:26 pm

In here please
The One
Manager
Manager

Re: Tonights Games

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:28 pm

Think I'll listen to Bromley thrashing the sheep online
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:29 pm

:lol: Clownty wet ones get flushed away by Carlisle
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:38 pm

I should have gone to see the Dons
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:41 pm

Don't you mean Franchise FC?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:44 pm

Spiritater wrote:Don't you mean Franchise FC?

Yes. She just called peeing down there too
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Hoping for a decent set of results but think we’ll be down to around 8th place tonight
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:12 pm

Bury 1-1
Tranny up to 3rd
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:30 pm

Cheats are losing
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Idealy Bury to lose or draw Colchester to lose Tranny to lose Carlise to win Macclesfield to win Imps to lose Franchise to lose
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 pm

Imps losing
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:01 pm

And Exeter to Macc
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Carlisle level at Mardy Lane
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:46 pm

Tonight's results haven't gone terribly for us.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:52 pm

I see that crap team Grimsby only put 5 past Tranmere. They are rubbish and are bound to go down.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:53 pm

Not a bad set of results with Exeter, Tranmere, Stevenage and FGR losing although would have preferred a FGR draw against Colchester. Lincoln only drew against 10 man Oldham. Exeter now 7 games without a win! Macc closed the gap a bit at the bottom.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Oldham Athletic 1 Lincoln City 1 (HT: 0-0)
Attendance: 3,597 (610 from Lincoln City)

Decided to spend £10 to watch this game on iFollow after watching the Imps play the Stags on Saturday. The first half was very stop start as Oldham's Dan Gardner was stretchered off which is a bad blow for them as the former Spireite is one of Oldham's best players. The linesman pulled up with an injury and had to be replaced by the 4th official. Ismail Miller then charged into the Lincoln keeper, Josh Vickers, on 48 minutes and was given a straight red card. John Akinde had Lincoln's best chance in the 1st half. He broke through with Oldham defender, George Edmunson, pulling his shirt but did not go down and his shot hit the bar.

Oldham surprisingly took the lead on 49 minutes when sub Mohammed Maouche cut in from the left from a throw in and curled a shot into the top corner. Lincoln equalised on 54 minutes after John Akinde nodded down a cross from Neil Eardley from a free kick to Michael O'Connor to score. They were a little fortunate as the referee missed a handball by Shay McCartan prior to the free kick and another handball by Bruno Andrade in the area. Lincoln should then have gone on and won the game as Oldham sat back and soaked up punishment. Akinde missed a couple of good chances and Oldham keeper, Daniel Iverson made some good saves. He was given MOM by the sponsors. Jason Shackell did score with a header from a corner but the ref had already blown for a foul. Matt Rhead came on for Lincoln after 70 minutes as Lincoln subjected Oldham to an aerial bombardment. It looked like Lincoln must score as BBC Radio Lincs pundit, Steve Thompson, said Oldham's defensive door was not just creaking it was hanging off the hinges. Matt Green finally came on for Akinde after 80 minutes and Rheady headed over the bar in the last minute from a corner.

There were five minutes of injury time and ten man Oldham suddenly found some energy to bounce off the ropes to nearly grab a winner with a brilliant run and dribble by Callum Lang. They then caught Lincoln on the counter attack but Sam Surridge blasted over the bar. Oldham were relieved to come away with a point and Lincoln were frustrated by another draw. The wide players Harry Anderson and Bruno Andrade had very quiet games along with Tom Pett. John Akinde had another frustrating night. He could have had a hat trick on another day. Comments from Lincoln fans on the radio after the game included "what does Matt Green have to do to get a game?"
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:58 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Oldham Athletic 1 Lincoln City 1 (HT: 0-0)

Decided to spend £10 to watch this game on iFollow after watching the Imps play the Stags on Saturday.

...you spent a tenner to watch Oldham v Lincoln on a Tuesday night in the comfort of your own home?!

The mind boggles.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:01 am

Random Hero wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Oldham Athletic 1 Lincoln City 1 (HT: 0-0)

Decided to spend £10 to watch this game on iFollow after watching the Imps play the Stags on Saturday.

...you spent a tenner to watch Oldham v Lincoln on a Tuesday night in the comfort of your own home?!

The mind boggles.

Is Lincoln your second team Tippy Tappy ?
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:48 am

To be fair that’s the first thing I’d do when loading up the internet.... order Oldham vs Lincoln on IFollow !
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby northern stag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:49 am

Did Danny Cowley mention the 2 handballs in the lead up to their goal
Like he did with the ‘ball out of play’ against us
Thought not !!!
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:27 am

I had set off to watch the Stags when I discovered the match was postponed :lol: :lol: I would have headed to Meadow Lane if I had had more time to get my League 2 fix watching County play Carlisle but it was too late. I therefore decided to see if I could pay to watch another game on iFollow and picked out the Oldham v Lincoln game as Lincoln were fresh in my mind from Saturday and I was hoping they would drop points. I should have gone for Grimsby Town v Tranmere Rovers :lol: I'd rather pay £10 to iFollow to watch a League 2 game than pay money to Sky TV or sit with the glory supporters in the pub watching the Premier League/Champions League. I'll probably do it again when there is another League 2 midweek match and the Stags are not playing.

Lincoln are struggling to find their rhythm at the moment and the fans are starting to moan about John Akinde and not having strikers who can put their chances away.

I need to find a game for Saturday now. One of the league grounds that is the closest to me that I have not been to yet is Peterborough :shock: and they are at home in the FA Cup on Saturday. Lincoln are at home to Carlisle. Perhaps I should check the non-league fixtures instead. :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BigGuy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:46 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I had set off to watch the Stags when I discovered the match was postponed :lol: :lol: I would have headed to Meadow Lane if I had had more time to get my League 2 fix watching County play Carlisle but it was too late. I therefore decided to see if I could pay to watch another game on iFollow and picked out the Oldham v Lincoln game as Lincoln were fresh in my mind from Saturday and I was hoping they would drop points. I should have gone for Grimsby Town v Tranmere Rovers :lol: I'd rather pay £10 to iFollow to watch a League 2 game than pay money to Sky TV or sit with the glory supporters in the pub watching the Premier League/Champions League. I'll probably do it again when there is another League 2 midweek match and the Stags are not playing.

Lincoln are struggling to find their rhythm at the moment and the fans are starting to moan about John Akinde and not having strikers who can put their chances away.

I need to find a game for Saturday now. One of the league grounds that is the closest to me that I have not been to yet is Peterborough :shock: and they are at home in the FA Cup on Saturday. Lincoln are at home to Carlisle. Perhaps I should check the non-league fixtures instead. :lol:

You don't need to justify yourself to us pal, but the internet in your house is a waste of good broadband.
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:24 pm

BigGuy wrote:You don't need to justify yourself to us pal, but the internet in your house is a waste of good broadband.

Are there better things to use your broadband for than watching League 2 football?

Does it involve lime green jelly? :lol:
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:01 pm

:) Bradford v Harrogate
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum