{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Moral Question

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Moral Question

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:38 pm

In a home game against your local rivals youth team, where they've sold out their 4,000 allocation, and you've only sold 300 - should you open up your home end to sell more away tickets and benefit the club financially?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46358339
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Re: Moral Question

Postby The One » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:40 pm

If your name is Haslam yes
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby sw19stag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:45 pm

It's not all about money [funnily enough, Haslam] and he's got to live with his own fans for a long time.
They're the ones who actually support the club week in week out.

It's not like Stoke fans can't buy them if they want to anyway, is it?
Same bloody town.
Don't raspberries on your own doorstep. Or your own fans. [Haslam]

There'll be loads of bother anyway, regardless!
sw19stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:49 pm

For a chickenfeed cup tie I'd give them the whole ground and count the cash. Vale fans have bought 300 tickets and will no doubt be giving the chairman grief for not 'splashing the cash' in the summer to mount a promotion charge.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Apparently only season ticket holders can buy home tickets now and any found buying home tickets for Stoke fans will be sanctioned
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:27 am

A Lincoln fan on twitter keeps messaging me on twitter telling me they could sell double the tickets we were given for the Lincoln game easily. I pointed out to him that we took over 4000 to County last season, and if given the opportunity at Lincoln we would easily take more.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:38 am

If things tend to go in an upward trend for us and a downward trend for Clownty this season I firmly believe the Jimmy Sirrel (great manager btw) Stand will not be big enough for all those wanting to go from our town.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:30 am

Well well. It appears that Vale fans are indeed bothered about the checkatrade after all! :lol:

I don't see an issue with the proposal. If it were an EFL / FA Cup match then yes, i would oppose it but it's a nothing cup that only a small percentage of fans are interested in and therefore it makes sense to cash in. Vale Park is huge and always looks pretty much empty anyway.

In my opinion it's just a handful of fans making a mountain out of a molehill just because it's Stoke City. Is it more about common sense and business sense than about morals?
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Jimstag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:46 pm

The One wrote:If your name is Haslam yes

One of the many things I can’t forgive him for, if it’s somethingg your rivals will hold over you forever the answer is no. There’s the short term win versus damage to equity that we’re still paying thanks to him!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:47 pm

Sneag wrote:For a chickenfeed cup tie I'd give them the whole ground and count the cash. Vale fans have bought 300 tickets and will no doubt be giving the chairman grief for not 'splashing the cash' in the summer to mount a promotion charge.

This. Might as well cash in on them, perhaps they can then finish off that half finished stand with the profits!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Apparently I am not allowed to answer the ‘moral question’.

Something to do with my preference for lime green jelly, paddling pools and Carolyn.

It’s political correctness gone mad!!! :lol:
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum