{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Own up then

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Own up then

Postby Spiritater » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:30 pm

Who missed the goal then cos you'd left early :lol: At 1-0 there's always a chance, but the amount leaving at 85 mins was a bit concerning.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Re: Own up then

Postby ParisStag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:35 pm

Lincoln fans were doing the 'cheerio' song. Serves you right if you leave early. I've never done that, even when we've been getting thumped.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:10 pm

don't understand folk who leave early , especially when it's 1-0 in a big game
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:18 pm

Didn't leave early lol just knew we would score!!
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:Who missed the goal then cos you'd left early :lol: At 1-0 there's always a chance, but the amount leaving at 85 mins was a bit concerning.

Spanner’s the lot of them who left.

They joy of a last minute equaliser/winner is ten times more enjoyable than a standard goal.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:01 am

I was down in the bottom corner by the exit and don’t think many left. The vast majority came down and stood by the exit so the could get a quick getaway.

And that was the final straw for the whiny belter who spent most of the first half crying that the stewards were blocking his view.

Anyway, I’ve personally never left a game before the end, no matter what the score
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:52 am

bellwhiff wrote:I was down in the bottom corner by the exit and don’t think many left. The vast majority came down and stood by the exit so the could get a quick getaway.

And that was the final straw for the whiny belter who spent most of the first half crying that the stewards were blocking his view.

Anyway, I’ve personally never left a game before the end, no matter what the score

I did the same, given there was a reasonable walk to the train station for an old boy. There weren't many who left that I saw. Only on here can some criticise someone for leaving :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:35 am

Don't leave early. If others do it'll take you ages to get out - On days of early departures waiting to the end helps avoid the rush!
@orpington_stag
London & SE Stags Lead
APFSCIL Vice Chair
Ex-Away day fancy dress/theme planner
Johnny Rotten
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:33 pm

ParisStag wrote:Lincoln fans were doing the 'cheerio' song. Serves you right if you leave early. I've never done that, even when we've been getting thumped.

Agreed & they sung the chim chimney song which is a cringe worthy song anyway but just as they were singing it we scored :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:45 pm

Amberheart wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Lincoln fans were doing the 'cheerio' song. Serves you right if you leave early. I've never done that, even when we've been getting thumped.

Agreed & they sung the chim chimney song which is a cringe worthy song anyway but just as they were singing it we scored :lol:

Yes I wasn't happy. Taking the mickey out of hard working tradesmen in one of the oldest and respected professions in the world
:(
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:55 pm

Chimney wrote:
Amberheart wrote:

Yes I wasn't happy. Taking the mickey out of hard working tradesmen in one of the oldest and respected professions in the world
:(

They're just heathens ! :lol:
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Did leave early against hartlepool I think they were winning 3.1 stags won the game 4.3 lol lesson learnt
Last edited by Binghamstag on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Stoney » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Binghamstag wrote:Did leave early one against hartlepool I think they were winning 3.1 stags won the game 4.3 lol lesson learnt

I remember that, around 2000/2001? Wayne Corden scored a right goal.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:34 pm

I left early....when we were losing to Charlton 4-0 to catch a train!
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ST4GS » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:08 pm

Anyone remember Scunthorpe away around the turn of the millennium. We were 5 nil down and were down to either 9 or 10 men. 20 mins left to go. The exit gates were packed with Stags fans leaving. We lost 6 nil.
First match : 04.01.1975 home v Cambridge Utd F.A.Cup 3rd Round 1-0 Clarke
ST4GS
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:29 am

I remember a game at the Mill against Clownty when they stopped Stags fans coming in as the North Stand was "full". We watched from the hill down the side. We were two down at half time, down to ten men and loads left. The police then let the true fans in.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:52 am

stag861 wrote:I remember a game at the Mill against Clownty when they stopped Stags fans coming in as the North Stand was "full". We watched from the hill down the side. We were two down at half time, down to ten men and loads left. The police then let the true fans in.

The gate on the North Stand had already been charged and busted open twice before kick off, loads rushed in for a freebie.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Don't think there is much wrong with leaving at 3-0 down or something if your connection is tight or you want to miss the traffic, but not at 1-0 in a local derby.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:40 pm

Surely it’s up to the individual?

I wouldn’t leave early but it’s not my place to criticise those that do.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 pm

stag861 wrote:I remember a game at the Mill against Clownty when they stopped Stags fans coming in as the North Stand was "full". We watched from the hill down the side. We were two down at half time, down to ten men and loads left. The police then let the true fans in.

:roll: :roll:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:11 pm

If the players don’t put 100% effort in for 90 minutes, then the paying fan has every right not to put 100% of their time in either. I’ve only left a minute or so early twice. Both times under Coxys reign in his last season. The football and effort were dire!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:14 pm

adamstag wrote:Don't think there is much wrong with leaving at 3-0 down or something if your connection is tight or you want to miss the traffic, but not at 1-0 in a local derby.

I don't suppose many have a problem with the fact that if you're getting tonked with a couple of mins to go you hop it, I myself have done so. It's just the amount heading for the exits after a tight game that we were still very much in. We've seen it so many times when the boot's been on the other foot at t'Mill and teams snatch our glory away.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:35 am

Spiritater wrote:
adamstag wrote:Don't think there is much wrong with leaving at 3-0 down or something if your connection is tight or you want to miss the traffic, but not at 1-0 in a local derby.

I don't suppose many have a problem with the fact that if you're getting tonked with a couple of mins to go you hop it, I myself have done so. It's just the amount heading for the exits after a tight game that we were still very much in. We've seen it so many times when the boot's been on the other foot at t'Mill and teams snatch our glory away.

I left so early at the Scunny away game a few years back I was almost home before the final whistle, I was one of those waiting for them to open the gates. That was an horrific day, we left the pub near the ground and it absolutely threw it down, we took cover so were a little late getting in only to find we were already 2 down! I have never understood fans berating others for leaving, surely it's up to them when they leave!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am

I don't think there is much wrong doing whatever you want to do , whether it being stay, or nip away to beat the traffic.
It's a free country, it doesn't make you any less of a supporter, regardless of what some on here allude to.
I've been going 46 years, (not as long as some before its rammed down my throat,)and often look to beat the traffic either when we are winning or losing.
I suppose I'm not a 'true fan'. Shame on me.
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robeyre » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:42 pm

I left early at Grimsby a couple of years ago, when we were 3-0 down and embarrassingly bad. Clement had scored against us and we had gone with such high expectations.
Proved to be brillant move, we still lost 3-0 but I was able to miss an accident on motorway which held up 90% of our returning fans.
After watching stags in rain. Shine and snow for 55 years I reckon I've earned the right.
robeyre
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum