{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Is it time to question the Chairman?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Is it time to question the Chairman?

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:14 pm

Stafford wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Showaddywaddy wrote:I agree with Chander Lear. This place was once quite a hoot but now is just on a downward spiral.

Actual debate seems to have gone out the window and been replaced with 'sack him now' if we lose (well draw because we don't tend to lose) or 'we will be champions' after a single victory.

Instantly being able to slate the manager, player or even owner on social media makes it so much easier for anyone to spout utter bull poop and the good posts get lost, swallowed up in a sea of sheeite.

For me, I'd rather sit back and enjoy all the good things about the club and reflect on it's progress in recent years. We are heading in the right direction, there's no denying that. We have owners who invest, continually look to improve the club and strive for success. As long as the owners are hungry for success then the success will come.

From non league to where we are now both on and off the pitch, we have come so very far.

I can remember losing up at Barrow, now we gripe about a point away against Bury.

Keep The Faith and keep smiling.

Its absolutely no wonder we cannot attract new fans when all the read is negativity. Although contradicting myself we have seen a steady incline lol. Maybe they don't read this or the facebook group, which I subsequently removed myself from as it was full of morons.

Agreed. I've done the same. What a bunch of knuckledraggers we have following our club.

Me too. What a shower of clunges
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:28 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Stafford wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:
Showaddywaddy wrote:I agree with Chander Lear. This place was once quite a hoot but now is just on a downward spiral.

Actual debate seems to have gone out the window and been replaced with 'sack him now' if we lose (well draw because we don't tend to lose) or 'we will be champions' after a single victory.

Instantly being able to slate the manager, player or even owner on social media makes it so much easier for anyone to spout utter bull poop and the good posts get lost, swallowed up in a sea of sheeite.

For me, I'd rather sit back and enjoy all the good things about the club and reflect on it's progress in recent years. We are heading in the right direction, there's no denying that. We have owners who invest, continually look to improve the club and strive for success. As long as the owners are hungry for success then the success will come.

From non league to where we are now both on and off the pitch, we have come so very far.

I can remember losing up at Barrow, now we gripe about a point away against Bury.

Its absolutely no wonder we cannot attract new fans when all the read is negativity. Although contradicting myself we have seen a steady incline lol. Maybe they don't read this or the facebook group, which I subsequently removed myself from as it was full of morons.

Agreed. I've done the same. What a bunch of knuckledraggers we have following our club.

Is ‘a shower’ the correct collective noun for more than one clunge?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm

It does surprise me how these so called fans get so irate about the current situation we find ourselves in but I can’t remember them going off like this between 2004-2011.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:39 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Stafford wrote:
Chander Lear wrote:

You're the worst clunge of all youth !
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:00 pm

Hilarious!

Absolutley spot on. People moaning about no debate and at the same time dismissing a question that was obviosuly put there for debate.

You couldn't make it up.

Well done.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:06 pm

die hirsche wrote:Hilarious!

Absolutley spot on. People moaning about no debate and at the same time dismissing a question that was obviosuly put there for debate.

You couldn't make it up.

Well done.

I think it might be because it was pretty ridiculous question

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:13 pm

Dont hink there is such a thing myself but hey ho.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Question.

Do you think that we should make an effort to sign Messi ?

If we aren’t in the Champions League within five years, should we boycott the club.

Should we offer to amalgamate with Chesterfield ?

Other ridiculous topics are available

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:19 pm

belly they ARE ridiculous though.
All i've asked is if it's time to question JR.
to pad it out a bit then, so if JR continues to fund the club for millions each year (which i assume for my argument's sake is put in as repayable loans) and the club continues to linger around mid-table league 2, how much debt do we have to be in before someone rightly questions not his intentions but his acumen?
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm

His acumen ? How ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Well as i've just said, spending millions but only getting the club to be mid-table league 2.
Others have done it, JR's mate at doncaster did it far quicker, it's been done at fleetwood too.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 pm

I don't think we can question JRs commitment to the club that much really. With the best will in the world, the previous owners were passionate but not able to realise their ambition.

All clubs need time to rebuild and push on to the next step. We had a long time being ground into the dirt, and while I'm not saying Jr gets everything right he's made far more positive constructive steps than anyone else. Put a new owner in charge and who knows what would happen to the club, but I doubt it would be half as regenerative.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:39 pm

No-one, least of all me, is questioning the bloke's commitment to the club. It's been epic. And without it god only knows where we'd all be right now.

Doesn't exempt him from questioning though.

MTFC is mine and yours. Without us there is nothing.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:12 am

Perhaps the phrase 'is it time to question the chairman' is what's misleading and causing this reaction?

It could mean:
ask JR questions about how we are progressing and whether anything is fundamentally wrong with our set up

or

question if he is the right man for the job, given we haven't progressed on field as quickly as some would like

The former is merely curiosity from a vested interest, whereas the latter seems combative and challenging his position
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum