{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wolves Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by See It Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wolves Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by See It Out

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:51 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:18 am

Everyone looks very excited to be there
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:28 pm

It’s a stand-alone competition.

As the competition has academy sides it isn’t a competitive game like the league or league cup - pretty much - it’s like a halfway house between a competitive game and a friendly.

If the competition was fully competitive suspensions and bookings etc from this competition would count - like they do in the fa cup and league cup. Here they don’t.

It’s pleasing we’re playing the game with s competitive edge though
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Utter balls man.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:43 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Utter balls man.

Cool
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 pm

adamstag wrote:It’s a stand-alone competition.

As the competition has academy sides it isn’t a competitive game like the league or league cup - pretty much - it’s like a halfway house between a competitive game and a friendly.

If the competition was fully competitive suspensions and bookings etc from this competition would count - like they do in the fa cup and league cup. Here they don’t.

It’s pleasing we’re playing the game with s competitive edge though

I hate it but of course it’s a competitive fixture. With the logic of yellow/red cards that means CL League & Europa League aren’t competitive fixtures?
Last edited by Foresttownstag on Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Adamstag. By your logic the champions league is not a competitive competition, bookings in that don't carry over to the league..... I bet real Madrid are gutted.

Of course it is a competitive tournament, it is sanctioned by the FL. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:45 pm

Well, that’s boxed that off quite nicely

What a fool
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:36 pm

yellafella wrote:Adamstag. By your logic the champions league is not a competitive competition, bookings in that don't carry over to the league..... I bet real Madrid are gutted.

Of course it is a competitive tournament, it is sanctioned by the FL. Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

The champions league isn't ran by the same board as the premier league, so of course they wouldn't carry over - what a daft thing to say :lol:

The Premiership, football league the FA cup the league cup and the trophy are all ran by the FA. So why would bookings from 4 carry over, but the trophy doesn't? :shock:

Maybe Martin might like to try and clarify things
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

adamstag wrote:
yellafella wrote:Adamstag. By your logic the champions league is not a competitive competition, bookings in that don't carry over to the league..... I bet real Madrid are gutted.

The champions league isn't ran by the same board as the premier league, so of course they wouldn't carry over - what a daft thing to say :lol:

The Premiership, football league the FA cup the league cup and the trophy are all ran by the FA. So why would bookings from 4 carry over, but the trophy doesn't? :shock:

Maybe Martin might like to try and clarify things

but isn't football league ran by EFL and the FA run premier league
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby steiner » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:12 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:All together now

‘When Pearce goes up, to lift the Checkatrade Cup
We’ll be there, we’ll be there’

Apart from Forest Town Stag and assorted miserable bleeders!!

Oh, in case you were wondering Wembley does not charge extra for admitting hypocrites.

Brilliantly put....amazing how many on here love to slate this competition and make repeated comments about how they would never attend and yet spend their whole evening looking on here wondering what the score is!
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:36 pm

I am Spartacus wrote:All together now

‘When Pearce goes up, to lift the Checkatrade Cup
We’ll be there, we’ll be there’

Apart from Forest Town Stag and assorted miserable bleeders!!

Oh, in case you were wondering Wembley does not charge extra for admitting hypocrites.

Now now :lol:
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:44 pm

If we reached the final, people would jump on band wagon for the day.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:50 pm

Some would without a doubt. The planks who criticize fans for not attending this competition are attacking the wrong people. This competition gave us our greatest day, and now it is tainted by academy sides who have no place in it. Yet those who criticize it and clearly outline why they will never attend a game in it are ridiculed and called miserable? Short sighted and a terrifying insight into how easy it will be once the prem decide they want to steal a few league places for their reserves. It's a disgrace on the part of all who support it.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:04 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Some would without a doubt. The planks who criticize fans for not attending this competition are attacking the wrong people. This competition gave us our greatest day, and now it is tainted by academy sides who have no place in it. Yet those who criticize it and clearly outline why they will never attend a game in it are ridiculed and called miserable? Short sighted and a terrifying insight into how easy it will be once the prem decide they want to steal a few league places for their reserves. It's a disgrace on the part of all who support it.

Good post. the competition s flawed with the introduction of Prem league non entities.
Attendances Nationwide show interest is low and supporters will look for results ,its called supporting the club not the competition. As for Wembley appearance think this a tad premature.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Some would without a doubt. The planks who criticize fans for not attending this competition are attacking the wrong people. This competition gave us our greatest day, and now it is tainted by academy sides who have no place in it. Yet those who criticize it and clearly outline why they will never attend a game in it are ridiculed and called miserable? Short sighted and a terrifying insight into how easy it will be once the prem decide they want to steal a few league places for their reserves. It's a disgrace on the part of all who support it.

So, are you saying those who supported our club in this competition last night, me included, are a disgrace?
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:43 pm

Those who support the idea of b teams in such competitions yes.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Those who support the idea of b teams in such competitions yes.

I doubt any Stags fan supports Prem u21 sides being in the comp, but most will continue to support our club in the competition. Only one person to date has said they want us to lose, which actually is a disgrace. If we get to Wembley, you'll be there, along with the other boycotting heroes.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:24 pm

I think it's fair that if a fan wants to go to support their side in this competition they can. I wouldn't personally go if it were played on my own front lawn, but I certainly wouldn't have a problem with those that do go.

I've mellowed on us in this competition tbh, it supplies us with a competitive game for those not in the starting XI (even though it's not technically a competitive game), there is £10k in the bank for each win and Flitcroft actually wins games, which is quite the novelty.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:46 pm

Rob wrote:

I doubt any Stags fan supports Prem u21 sides being in the comp, but most will continue to support our club in the competition. Only one person to date has said they want us to lose, which actually is a disgrace. If we get to Wembley, you'll be there, along with the other boycotting heroes.

I won't be there sadly. Not claiming to be a hero, and if people want to attend then not much can be done. What I dislike is the arrogant and disrespectful attitude to fans boycotting the competition for perfectly valid reasons. You said yourself no fan supports the inclusion of U21 sides. Some just go further with their way of showing this.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:10 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:

I won't be there sadly. Not claiming to be a hero, and if people want to attend then not much can be done. What I dislike is the arrogant and disrespectful attitude to fans boycotting the competition for perfectly valid reasons. You said yourself no fan supports the inclusion of U21 sides. Some just go further with their way of showing this.

I have no problem with those staying away, I do have a bit (and it is just a bit) of an issue with the fact they are staying away being rammed down our throats on threads like this.

If we do make it and you don't go then I feel sorry for you, not being able to support your club on a very rare trip to the national stadium is very sad, I speak as someone who living in Lincoln saw at first hand what joy this competition can bring to fans of small clubs like ours.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:11 pm

:mrgreen:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:21 pm

It's ok. I will go for the playoff final when we win that :lol: think I have trauma from our last wembley visit anyway...
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:52 pm

adamstag wrote:
It ISNT a competitive fixture, so DOESNT count. If it were bookings and suspensions in this trophy would count to league bookings which it doesn’t.

Can’t argue at the £20k raised so far, that is useful funds for the club.
[/quote]
It is a competitive fixture or Bishop wouldn't be banned from it.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:32 pm

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:

I have no problem with those staying away, I do have a bit (and it is just a bit) of an issue with the fact they are staying away being rammed down our throats on threads like this.

If we do make it and you don't go then I feel sorry for you, not being able to support your club on a very rare trip to the national stadium is very sad, I speak as someone who living in Lincoln saw at first hand what joy this competition can bring to fans of small clubs like ours.

I want my teams visit to the national stadium to be something worth shouting about and celebrating. In the previous format of the JPT I’d have been well up for it and would be shouting from the rooftops but for this farce I simply cannot support it. I think the EFL need to see their mistake and that it’s a clear insult to L1 & L2 clubs. Only way to show them is by boycotting the tournament. If people wish to attend these games then fair enough, each to their own.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum