{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Thanks, Dave

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Thanks, Dave

Postby steiner » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 pm

Dan wrote:
Random Hero wrote:His win percentage is now at 13% and Belly is still defending him :lol:

He defends the McCann's so I wouldn't take much notice of him :lol: :lol: :lol:

what a cruel idiotic comment.
steiner
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:47 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:if we'd have managed to shift the crocks in diamond and Mirfin, and got rid of Anderson I don't think we would've needed to sell angol. but we couldn't shift them, so the target switched to either rose or angol to balance the books.

I think we would have a much better team if we could've got rid of diamond, mirfin and Anderson and replaced them with players who aren't injured for over half a season

No way would JR have made him sell Angol, leaving us with only 3 proper strikers... because we have 2 injured and one unwanted player.

Our budget has always been competitive under JR. Sometimes far above competitive.

Are some people really that desperate to defend 'statistically' one of our worst ever managers, that they'll try and put the heat on JR instead. What a joke.

What your suggesting is JR hampered our season and left his manager short, despite spending millions, all to save 50k or so...

Even if JR did make him stick to a budget, it's still DFs fault for blowing too much in the wrong areas and leaving us short up front.
Last edited by Jamie on Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:49 pm

steiner wrote:
Dan wrote:
Random Hero wrote:His win percentage is now at 13% and Belly is still defending him :lol:

He's a cruel and idiotic person... If the cap fits.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Jamie wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:if we'd have managed to shift the crocks in diamond and Mirfin, and got rid of Anderson I don't think we would've needed to sell angol. but we couldn't shift them, so the target switched to either rose or angol to balance the books.

I think we would have a much better team if we could've got rid of diamond, mirfin and Anderson and replaced them with players who aren't injured for over half a season

No way would JR have made him sell Angol, leaving us with only 3 proper strikers... because we have 2 injured and one unwanted player.

Our budget has always been competitive under JR. Sometimes far above competitive.

Are some people really that desperate to defend 'statistically' one of our worst ever managers, that they'll try and put the heat on JR instead. What a joke.

What your suggesting is JR hampered our season and left his manager short, despite spending millions, all to save 50k or so...

Even if JR did make him stick to a budget, it's still DFs fault for blowing too much in the wrong areas and leaving us short up front.

Look at it from Angol's point of view once Walker came in it put him down to fourth in the pecking order and obviously Flipflop was gonna play Walker regular, therefore when the chance to play a division higher came .....
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Norman » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Can see why Swindon fans were as happy as Larry we took him off there hands!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:11 pm

abc wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Look at it from Angol's point of view once Walker came in it put him down to fourth in the pecking order and obviously Flipflop was gonna play Walker regular, therefore when the chance to play a division higher came .....

Angol didn't request a transfer. We had to off load a striker. Either Angol or Rose.

If you don't think it's the budget, ask yourself what quality of striker we could bring in if DF could use two of the wages of either Anderson, Diamond or Angol.

You are assuming Angol would be fourth choice. Fact is when Rose went off we had no effective striker to bring on, or had you forgotten Davies is injured. Angol would be involved if he was here. If we had a striker who could finish 33% of the chances being created we would be at the top end of the table.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:19 pm

Jamie wrote:

I'm not critical of JR at all, someone else has done that on another thread.

But the budget was obviously above what could be afforded. I suspect it was DF's decision as to whether it was a forward, midfielder or defender who had to go.

Evans brought in too many players on too long expensive contracts. It has affected this years budget. And before you pick me up on it Jamie I'm not using that fact to vindicate the fact we are conceding late goals. But it is the reason why we are not finishing the numerous chances we are creating.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:21 pm

Norman wrote:Can see why Swindon fans were as happy as Larry we took him off there hands!

And we paid them to do it.

They are much better off with Brown arnt they Norman.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Angol didn't request a transfer. We had to off load a striker. Either Angol or Rose.

If you don't think it's the budget, ask yourself what quality of striker we could bring in if DF could use two of the wages of either Anderson, Diamond or Angol.

You are assuming Angol would be fourth choice. Fact is when Rose went off we had no effective striker to bring on, or had you forgotten Davies is injured. Angol would be involved if he was here. If we had a striker who could finish 33% of the chances being created we would be at the top end of the table.

Sorry I wasn't aware that Angol could read into the future.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:26 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Jamie wrote:

Sorry I wasn't aware that Angol could read into the future.

I think there are a lot of things you are not aware of abc.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:14 pm

steiner wrote:
Dan wrote:

Expect no less from the unhinged loser. He truly is a card carried weirdo
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:15 pm

Jamie wrote:
steiner wrote:
Dan wrote:

Jamie. I repeat. I’d like to meet you next time I attend a game. Let’s see if you’ve got the stones to say that to my face

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:21 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Jamie wrote:
steiner wrote:
Dan wrote:

Jamie. I repeat. I’d like to meet you next time I attend a game. Let’s see if you’ve got the stones to say that to my face

You really let your self down throwing out school boy threats Belly. Stick to the insults, they are at least funny(ish).

Besides by the time you attend another home game what are you going to do? Have a zimmer frame duel?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:48 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
steiner wrote:
Dan wrote:

Expect no less from the unhinged loser. He truly is a card carried weirdo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:00 pm

Sneag wrote:You really let your self down throwing out school boy threats Belly. Stick to the insults, they are at least funny(ish).

Besides by the time you attend another home game what are you going to do? Have a zimmer frame duel?

There is no threat. It was all aimed at the bellthronk, not me. Are you losing it ?

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Jamie wrote:

You’re making out DF hasn’t had the budget to sign a decent striker...

He signed two strikers in the summer :lol:
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:50 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:You really let your self down throwing out school boy threats Belly. Stick to the insults, they are at least funny(ish).

There is no threat. It was all aimed at the bellthronk, not me. Are you losing it ?

You are very clearly making a threat towards Jamie. Are you that deranged you can't remember what you said? It's still written down, just scroll up.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:40 am

lol ha ha quality thread
thought this was a stags fans forum
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:07 am

No guarantee iof winning game in hand and points on board better
I don’t think DF is the right man for promotion but willing to give him a bit longer say end of Qctober
Lack of clinical striker is a still haunting us but then he again he maybe subbed towards the end if we had one
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:25 am

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

You are very clearly making a threat towards Jamie. Are you that deranged you can't remember what you said? It's still written down, just scroll up.

Read it again then. You’re wrong.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:53 am

I still think it's too early to sack him and of course he can't be blamed for us missing absolute sitters.

I continue to be baffled by the sit back tactics though. I know you have to be single minded to do the job but how many times does it have to happen before it sinks in we can't do it? It cost Adam Murray his job and if DF persists ultimately I think it will him too.

We don't have to go hell for leather just keep giving the opposition cause for concern at the other end don't just make it attack against defence.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Read it again then. You’re wrong.

Technically it's not a threat, I guess. I assume he's just saying i wouldn't dare say that because I'm a keyboard warrier or whatever. Really though we know it is clearly a threat, as in, you wouldn't dare say that because id 'beat you up' or whatever. You know, like a school yard bully would say.

Belly your a laughing stock and an embarrassment. You give it out all day long and as soon as someone comes back a little you go all salty commando. If that's the best you can do now I'm disappointed.

I sit in the QLE every home game and have for years, these days with my 6 yr old lad. Yeah, even my boy sees more of the stags than our number 1 online super fanbully...

If you do ever bother to come to a home game, sure, come find me. I'll certainly say the same to your face as I do on here. I don't hide behind fake names and online BS. I just say it as i see it. Your a bully who seems to get pleasure from being abusive and are now flirting around threats because you need to feel all powerful on a forum. Haha. Bless you.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 am

Jamie wrote:Really though we know it is clearly a threat, as in, you wouldn't dare say that because id 'beat you up' or whatever.

I'm sorry if you felt that was a threat Jamie. I did not read it as such. I read it as bellwhiff thinks you are a keyboard warrior who would simply not say something or other face to face.

We have had people threaten others in the past, and they have been banned, and anyone doing so would be banned instantaneously.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby BigGuy » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:52 am

Jamie wrote: I don't hide behind fake names and online BS..

As opposed to when you went under the name 'North Notts Stag' ?
BigGuy
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Philip » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:07 am

BigGuy wrote:
Jamie wrote: I don't hide behind fake names and online BS..

As opposed to when you went under the name 'North Notts Stag' ?

And Black and White (my favourite ever poster!) and Elaine G (and Guinness - alleged but not proven). Those were the days!
Philip
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum