{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Flitcroft's First Game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Flitcroft's First Game

Postby AlanStag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:36 am

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=915

What has changed since?

We drew 5 games in his tenure last season costing us a place in the play offs. This season we've now drawn 6 games mostly from winning positions, again to the detriment to our league position.

This is not a new issue this season. The difference is that DF has had a whole summer to address the issue and a very healthy budget to do so. Yet the proof is in the pudding that he simply cannot scrape wins and be resilient in the final moments of games.

For me DF was fortunate to have been given the opportunity to manage us this season after throwing away our season. Now there has been nothing since to prove to me wrong and that we are making any sort of progress. In fact we're much similar to Murray's tenure with probably double the wage budget.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Re: Flitcroft's First Game

Postby PRL13 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:40 am

The football is good. The results are awful, considering our potential.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:41 am

Ok I get it that the results are not what we want. But to say there has been no progress in my eyes is short sighted.

Compared to last season we have a team who play good attacking football. Create numerous chances and don’t look like losing games.

I will keep supporting DF until the performances go south as I think he is so close to this side picking up three points on a regular occurrence.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:12 am

MTFCMAD wrote:Ok I get it that the results are not what we want. But to say there has been no progress in my eyes is short sighted.

Compared to last season we have a team who play good attacking football. Create numerous chances and don’t look like losing games.

I will keep supporting DF until the performances go south as I think he is so close to this side picking up three points on a regular occurrence.

13 %
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 am

abc wrote:
MTFCMAD wrote:Ok I get it that the results are not what we want. But to say there has been no progress in my eyes is short sighted.

13 %

Great
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:46 am

Not much has changed at all. We play some good football at times, but the way it’s spoke about you’d think we knock it around like Barcelona.

Cox, Murray, and Evans all had a more direct approach so now Flitcrofts side pass it more it’s easy for people to say it’s the best football we’ve seen in years. Cox and Murray had to work with what they had on a smaller budget, and it’s never been Evans style to play pretty football. There’s other managers out there that want to play decent football, it isn’t just Flitcroft! Yes we don’t lose very many under Flitcroft, but we didn’t last year either until he came in - so that hasn’t changed either.

The facts are, with one of the biggest budgets we’ve ever had, David Flitcroft has the lowest win percentage of any manager in our history from what I can see. He also managed to ruin our season completely last year by finishing outside the top 7 when it was almost impossible to do so - he didn’t walk in to a sinking ship, we had a good side. Now we are 14th in the league when the stall has been set out for promotion. It’s really not very good is it?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:49 am

BH_Stag wrote:Not much has changed at all. We play some good football at times, but the way it’s spoke about you’d think we knock it around like Barcelona.

Cox, Murray, and Evans all had a more direct approach so now Flitcrofts side pass it more it’s easy for people to say it’s the best football we’ve seen in years. Cox and Murray had to work with what they had on a smaller budget, and it’s never been Evans style to play pretty football. There’s other managers out there that want to play decent football, it isn’t just Flitcroft! Yes we don’t lose very many under Flitcroft, but we didn’t last year either until he came in - so that hasn’t changed either.

The facts are, with one of the biggest budgets we’ve ever had, David Flitcroft has the lowest win percentage of any manager in our history from what I can see. He also managed to ruin our season completely last year by finishing outside the top 7 when it was almost impossible to do so - he didn’t walk in to a sinking ship, we had a good side. Now we are 14th in the league when the stall has been set out for promotion. It’s really not very good is it?

Sack him then.

Bring Darren Ferguson in because he definitely wants to come to Mansfield and let him have this season to find out who he wants and we can start again next season.

Simples.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:03 pm

MTFCMAD wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:Not much has changed at all. We play some good football at times, but the way it’s spoke about you’d think we knock it around like Barcelona.

Sack him then.

Bring Darren Ferguson in because he definitely wants to come to Mansfield and let him have this season to find out who he wants and we can start again next season.

Simples.

Yes, because sacking a manger for the above facts would just be ridiculous wouldn’t it :roll:
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 pm

I think it's hilarious that some people want Darren Ferguson in instead of DF (I know you're being sarcastic mtfc mad) he's just a Steve Evans V2, apart from he doesn't get promoted that much
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:13 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:I think it's hilarious that some people want Darren Ferguson in instead of DF (I know you're being sarcastic mtfc mad) he's just a Steve Evans V2, apart from he doesn't get promoted that much
And he hasn't got his dad to help him out with Man Utd loanees anymore.

Let's go back to basics and appoint Dempster and Coops. :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:I think it's hilarious that some people want Darren Ferguson in instead of DF (I know you're being sarcastic mtfc mad) he's just a Steve Evans V2, apart from he doesn't get promoted that much

If we were to sack DF , which I don't think will happen for a while then I wouldn't mind going for Dempster for a bit. But there's no point in talking about new managers, we need to support the one we have but DF would still be hated by some on here if we won 5 games on the trot. The anti crew will be anti DF until he's sacked, and they'll be anti the next manager too.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:38 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

If we were to sack DF , which I don't think will happen for a while then I wouldn't mind going for Dempster for a bit. But there's no point in talking about new managers, we need to support the one we have but DF would still be hated by some on here if we won 5 games on the trot. The anti crew will be anti DF until he's sacked, and they'll be anti the next manager too.

Not true at all. If he won 5 on the trot and we shot up the table and started to look like a promotion side then great, he will win fans back over with results - it’s a results game and people want to see us go up, simple. Unfortunately we haven’t even won 2 on the trot under him, let alone 5. I don’t care who take us up, just want to see us achieve the target the JR set out. It’s nothing to do with being ‘anti-Flitcroft’, I support the team just the same week in week out regardless.

Don’t know where the Ferguson conversation has come from on here? I haven’t seen it mentioned other than the sarcasm from MTFCMad
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:45 pm

BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Not true at all. If he won 5 on the trot and we shot up the table and started to look like a promotion side then great, he will win fans back over with results - it’s a results game and people want to see us go up, simple. Unfortunately we haven’t even won 2 on the trot under him, let alone 5. I don’t care who take us up, just want to see us achieve the target the JR set out. It’s nothing to do with being ‘anti-Flitcroft’, I support the team just the same week in week out regardless.

Don’t know where the Ferguson conversation has come from on here? I haven’t seen it mentioned other than the sarcasm from MTFCMad

I've seen a few other people suggest they want Darren Ferguson in, on here and on Facebook.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:39 pm

AlanStag wrote:http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewreport.php?matchid=915

What has changed since?

We drew 5 games in his tenure last season costing us a place in the play offs. This season we've now drawn 6 games mostly from winning positions, again to the detriment to our league position.

This is not a new issue this season. The difference is that DF has had a whole summer to address the issue and a very healthy budget to do so. Yet the proof is in the pudding that he simply cannot scrape wins and be resilient in the final moments of games.

For me DF was fortunate to have been given the opportunity to manage us this season after throwing away our season. Now there has been nothing since to prove to me wrong and that we are making any sort of progress. In fact we're much similar to Murray's tenure with probably double the wage budget.

it is actually 6 last season and 7 this season
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Although i agree to an extent, the players need to step up. Missing countless chances
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:08 pm

GET OFF THE MAN’S BACK FGS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:31 pm

People asking who would be better. Think a more appropriate question is, who could possibly be worse...
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:35 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:People asking who would be better. Think a more appropriate question is, who could possibly be worse...

Martin Allen?

Jack Lester?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:15 am

abc wrote:

13 %

Where are people getting this 13% figure from ?
His League win rate is 21.74% in total at Mansfield, or 27.27% this season.
If you include cup games as well it goes up to 26.92% total, or 35.71% this season.

As far as I can see Random Hero lived up to his name and threw out a random figure as soon as the game finished on Saturday and that figure has now become gospel. Talk about fake news !!
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:44 am

He has honed the side into a better unit, but his negative tactics and strange selections and substitutions take from that. He doesn`t learn from his mistakes. He needs to learn or go!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:58 am

Beano wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:People asking who would be better. Think a more appropriate question is, who could possibly be worse...

Martin Allen?

Jack Lester?

Kevin Nolan?

Oh, and Cox, Dearden & Evans aside - every other manager we've ever had apparently! :P

Amazing how, each time our managers are the 'worst ever possible' and 'anyone can do better' - yet always seem to say their replacement is far worse :?:

I agree we need an upturn in form and points, but it's not time yet to cut the head off to remove the headache, imo
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Fitzy499 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:GET OFF THE MAN’S BACK FGS

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby daddycool » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I've seen a few other people suggest they want Darren Ferguson in, on here and on Facebook.

I think they are getting him mixed up with Alex.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:15 am

How do we know Darren Ferguson wants to come here?

All he'd want to do is sign a striker... and I think everyone at the club already wants that
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:30 pm

PRL13 wrote:He has honed the side into a better unit, but his negative tactics and strange selections and substitutions take from that. He doesn`t learn from his mistakes. He needs to learn or go!

Pretty much spot on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum