{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Best game so far....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Best game so far....

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:27 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Worth taking a look at the goals Walker scored at Vale, Stevnage and at forest... lots of quality finishes. I think hes under massive pressure here and we need to get behind him.

It's funny that Tyler's getting all the stick when Khan missed an open net :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:03 pm

The goals will come for Walker but we need to encourage him. Hemmings hadn’t scored at this stage last season
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:11 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:The goals will come for Walker but we need to encourage him. Hemmings hadn’t scored at this stage last season

You need to change your user name, you have been talking a lot of sense lately!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:19 pm

Walker definitely going to score goals, just not going for him at the moment - I would have started Davies against his old team.

I wonder if something is actually in the contract regarding playing time? Either way I’ll be suprised if Walker does not end near 20 goals this season.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:50 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Cassells, go back to the other site you moron! For once things went for us for a change and you couldn`t even see it!

Moron....Mmmm, but it wasn’t luck!!! Good play. I take it you’re still in nappies, the way you sometimes act on here.

I can see what pr meant by lucky. Several times immediately before the goals, the players charged down balls which could have gone anywhere and didn't have the ball under control. If the ball hadn't bounced in the correct direction we wouldn't have scored the goals.

You could say that was lucky or you could say players make their own luck. Either way there is no need to call anyone a moron.

It's all about opinions and we all have one.

In sport it’s all about percentages. More shots, more goals, more pressure applied to the ball, the more you win it back. Simple. You make your own luck, and on Saturday 4-0 is not lucky. IMO luck is when a team like Oldham, park the bus and don’t press, and get away with the opposition missing chance after chance!!!

Except he didn't say we were lucky to win 4-0. He said some of the goals had an element of luck about them i.e. The player didn't have the ball completely under control and the bounce was kind

Sounds about right to me.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:18 pm

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Was interesting for me on Saturday hearing Danny speak in the 1865 he said his first wasn't great. I thought it was brilliant because it was basically sheer effort and determination that got the goal.

He was fortunate with the deflection on both. I think that's what he means. Could have gone anywhere, fortunately for Danny both times were right into his path.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum