{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Home Clubs no longer receive i-follow away fan money

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Home Clubs no longer receive i-follow away fan money

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:52 pm

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Re: Home Clubs no longer receive ticket sale money from away

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:59 pm

I think this is about Ifollow not traveling away fans... If the away teams fans purchase an Ifollow ticket to watch the stream the away club gets £8 and the EFL get £2 from it
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:03 pm

If this is true clubs will only allow a very small number of travelling fans to have tickets. May lose out on pie sales but make up for it in reduced stewarding costs. Football grounds will become quieter than churches. SAG will be having a party to celebrate though!
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:06 pm

Will save pounds in oiling hinges on the gate
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:14 pm

I can't see how this can be about iplayer. The fans wouldn't be travelling for one so the statement doesn't hold water for that. Also unless the fans already had an account how does iplayer know which team the supporter follows ?

I could buy a ticket for any game in the country but I bet I won't be asked which team I support.

It all seems a bit iffy to me and Ill thought out. Also is it with immediate effect or are they going to punish teams who haven't already had their big local derbys. If it's going ahead it should come in at the start of the season not part way through.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Yet another ruling that hugely favours bigger clubs. As shameful as allowing ifollow on saturdays and under 23s in the cup.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:36 pm

for passing interest:
the average away following at Mansfield last season was: 558
the average away following of Mansfield fans at away games was: 783

(as an aside note the average of 783 was skewed by the huge following of 4164 at Notts County).

So in purely financial terms, Mansfield would have benefited from this change last season.

scrap that in view of clarification. I did think it was hard to believe.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:01 pm

Andy Holt is the owner of Accrington Stanley. In his twitter thread he clarifies that this is for the £10 iFollow tickets for live streamed matches. The EFL get £2 and the selling club gets £8. I.e if Oldham sold any streaming tickets last night on their site then they would get £8 for each one, likewise Stags would get £8 for any sold on our site.
For away clubs selling actual tickets for attending games they get 5% of the actual value to cover any costs. For example Oldham sold 239 advance tickets for last night at £22 each and get to keep £262.90 as costs and must pay Mansfield the other £4995.10 that they received.
Andy Holt’s argument is that the home team also facilitates the iFollow streaming and should get some of the revenue from any streaming tickets sold by the away team.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:17 pm

He also argues that the iFollow stream could cost them lost revenue due to away fans choosing that instead of attending the match and that the only people to benefit are the EFL and the away club (plus the individual fan of course)
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Always said Ifollow was a bad thing with the tele stuff. Bad enough having to pay for just commo which used to be free one upon a time.
Sat now listening to the Beeb and the build up to the Florist game. Just like the olden days of that shower on Woodhouse Rd, proper football programmes and free.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:37 pm

I like the idea that if I buy a match pass for an away game, as I have done, the money goes to my club.

For me, iFollow is great, I can't get to away games in midweek but am now able to watch all of them as well as financially contribute to the club.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:24 am

I see both sides of this and think the home side should get a cut as well like £2 efl, £2 home club, £6 away club or something.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:36 am

I agree with that.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby acasman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:47 am

If it was money from away fans at the ground, just think how much revenue Cheaterfield would have lost !
acasman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:39 am

Agree with this. My money goes into my club every time. I do feel for the smaller and more isolated clubs geographically speaking though, but I still always want my hard earned cash going to the Stags!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:15 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Agree with this. My money goes into my club every time. I do feel for the smaller and more isolated clubs geographically speaking though, but I still always want my hard earned cash going to the Stags!!!

Disagree - Accrington vs Sunderland on a Tuesday night, lets say 3000 Sunderland fans stream it...Accrington get nothing? even though they have to pay police cost etc to host the game?

I want my hard earned cash going to the stags as well but I also want a fair system for League 1 and 2, that is not happening with this.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:27 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Agree with this. My money goes into my club every time. I do feel for the smaller and more isolated clubs geographically speaking though, but I still always want my hard earned cash going to the Stags!!!

Disagree - Accrington vs Sunderland on a Tuesday night, lets say 3000 Sunderland fans stream it...Accrington get nothing? even though they have to pay police cost etc to host the game?

I want my hard earned cash going to the stags as well but I also want a fair system for League 1 and 2, that is not happening with this.

Am I missing something. I thought regardless of ifollow or how many away travel, the home team gets nothing. What does ifollow have to with this?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby pemill » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:29 pm

Greed, nothing more nothing less.
Big clubs get more money, simple as that, the I-follow connection is a smoke screen in my opinion.
pemill
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

Am I missing something. I thought regardless of ifollow or how many away travel, the home team gets nothing. What does ifollow have to with this?

If you buy a match pass on iFollow the club who you supports gets a proportion of the money. So home fans do get money from their own fans buying match passes.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:35 pm

Yes the club you support get money. But it should be split with the team they are opposing. That's the fairest way of doing so...not sure why people would argue otherwise when we support a small side.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Home Clubs no longer receive i-follow away fan money

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Do home teams have to give away teams a section of the ground or could they just say the ground is for home fans only.

If clubs aren’t going to make enough money to make it worrh their while hosting away fans why would they bother

Then the away day dies.
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:49 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

You ARE missing something. Home team gets the money for travelling away fans. See my earlier post.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Re: Home Clubs no longer receive i-follow away fan money

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:03 pm

wardy12345 wrote:Do home teams have to give away teams a section of the ground or could they just say the ground is for home fans only.

If clubs aren’t going to make enough money to make it worrh their while hosting away fans why would they bother

Then the away day dies.

Home teams have to give an allocation of 2000 to away team or 10% of capacity if that % is lower than 2000.
So, for example, with an official capacity of 9186 we would have to give 919 away tickets to any away club that wanted them. Coventry City with a capacity of 31000 would only have to give 2000 ( not 3100).
Clubs are also meant to have at least 200 of these tickets under cover.
The home club can ask for a dispensation on either of these rules either for individual matches or foe a whole season.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:27 pm

halifaxstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

You ARE missing something. Home team gets the money for travelling away fans. See my earlier post.

Cheers Halifax. I missed the ‘I’ in all of this off the title hence I thought it meant travelling fans. My mistake.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:00 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:
halifaxstag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:

Cheers Halifax. I missed the ‘I’ in all of this off the title hence I thought it meant travelling fans. My mistake.

That’s because the thread title was changed so not really your fault.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum