{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Best game so far....

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Best game so far....

Postby tuopolfpilf » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:44 pm

Just got back I n after walking an Oldham fan down to car bank park ... Stand and Deliver
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Kenwood » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:39 am

old ram stag wrote:so looking at flitcrofts stats he needs to win 14 of his next 16 games just to match his Swindon statistics ? how long do we put up with shudda cudda ?

:?

As no manager guarantees success I would be more than happy to stick with DF for the foreseeable. The football was great last night, and has been in the main all season.
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:44 am

Old Ram Stag must be a joy to be around wow. Brilliant football last night. The results will come, fgs we are a few points off 5th or 6th place and with a game in hand. Thankfully you are not the chairman of this club. We are a million miles away from the last decade of garbage football I’ve had to witness at times. Get behind the players and manager, and who knows we might go up!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:54 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Old Ram Stag must be a joy to be around wow. Brilliant football last night. The results will come, fgs we are a few points off 5th or 6th place and with a game in hand. Thankfully you are not the chairman of this club. We are a million miles away from the last decade of garbage football I’ve had to witness at times. Get behind the players and manager, and who knows we might go up!!!

I agree but looks like we may be a goalscorer short of top 3.

If Davies is not fit to start then it may be time to give young Graham a run, he can't be less effective th a the awful Walker can he?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:08 am

Enjoyed the performance last night, it was worth the effort of driving from down south but it’s a familiar story even if we did push a little harder for a goal than normal.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:11 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Old Ram Stag must be a joy to be around wow. Brilliant football last night. The results will come, fgs we are a few points off 5th or 6th place and with a game in hand. Thankfully you are not the chairman of this club. We are a million miles away from the last decade of garbage football I’ve had to witness at times. Get behind the players and manager, and who knows we might go up!!!

I agree.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:40 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
old ram stag wrote:yep we got a nil nil draw fantastic

Sad old ram!!!

Agree. All the players put in a shift last night. Sometimes football just ain’t fair. On another day we’d have come away 3-0 winners.

Well done Stags. Possibly one of the best goalless draws I’ve seen at t’Mill.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:54 am

Old Ram Stag.Mister negative.Apart from no goals that was a fantastic performance.I have seen hundreds of games like that when one team has been so on top and lost to a breakaway or a worldie.If we keep playing like that then I feel pretty sure we will finish above Oldham and at the very least in the playoffs.Hamilton is getting better every game.Surely no way .back for Macca after the way Elsnik is playing Mellis to come in as well.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 am

I have to ask myself what the likes of Old Ram Stag want out of a game when they pay to watch fourth flight football?

That performance was miles above what we've had to endure for years and shows just what this team is capable of. It needs to be encouraged , nurtured and backed, not grumbled at.

I tell you what, Steve Evans has been put on a pedestal by a large number on here but his team's never got anywhere close to the standard of the Oldham game. We were one scuffed finish away from the most attractive three points since the days of the early noughties. Whilst my team has that philosophy at its core i will continue to support its progress despite the frustration that's going with it.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby FarnieStag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:32 am

Easy on the eye as it was, we have now only one more match this season than an incredibly poor Notts County. Are the happy clappers happy with this statistic after nearly a quarter of the season gone and the nightmare of last season?
I bet the very direct Lincoln City fans go home happier
FarnieStag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:16 am

Call me a happy clapper all you like but I am happy I watched a good game of football where my team dominated from start to finish and if we keep playing like that and get a bit of overdue luck we will make the playoffs minimum. Couple of unpopular opinions incoming but even if we don't go up I wouldn't want the manager gone if we are in the top 10 come the end of the season because we are clearly building something.

Second unpopular opinion our midfield unit looks a lot more balanced without Macca in it. I love him to bits but he doesn't have the same control as Elsnik and when he does come back I think he could fill the right wing back roll if needed but he won't walk straight back in the middle of the park.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:23 am

FarnieStag wrote:Easy on the eye as it was, we have now only one more match this season than an incredibly poor Notts County. Are the happy clappers happy with this statistic after nearly a quarter of the season gone and the nightmare of last season?

True, but direct football was despised under Cox - the moment results faltered fans wanted him out because it was such as eyesore. It was like staring at a bad Picasso with citric acid in your eyes :P

Style over substance counts for nothing long term, but imo good football is nearly always the precursor to good results
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:24 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Call me a happy clapper all you like but I am happy I watched a good game of football where my team dominated from start to finish and if we keep playing like that and get a bit of overdue luck we will make the playoffs minimum. Couple of unpopular opinions incoming but even if we don't go up I wouldn't want the manager gone if we are in the top 10 come the end of the season because we are clearly building something.

Second unpopular opinion our midfield unit looks a lot more balanced without Macca in it. I love him to bits but he doesn't have the same control as Elsnik and when he does come back I think he could fill the right wing back roll if needed but he won't walk straight back in the middle of the park.

Agree with both
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:26 am

Watched it on the ifollow, and quite enjoyed the game, barring the goals we played well.

However, those draws need to start to be converted - taking the chances are the difference between being top half/upper midtable to top 7. We do have the players to challenge.

We've got to beat Bury though, otherwise we're kinda back to square 1
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:47 am

I think we had our luck on saturday! Two goals were great, but Danny rode his luck and Atkinson fluked the ball forward!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:25 am

PRL13 wrote:I think we had our luck on saturday! Two goals were great, but Danny rode his luck and Atkinson fluked the ball forward!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:45 am

We are playing some very nice football and we are hard to beat. It’s frustrating not being able to take the chances we are creating but stick with them and we will.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:48 am

We are also forgetting the fact that teams are virtually parking the bus against us which in itself is a compliment.
They celebrated last night like they had qualified for Europe.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:00 am

Captain Cunno wrote:We are also forgetting the fact that teams are virtually parking the bus against us which in itself is a compliment.
They celebrated last night like they had qualified for Europe.

Oldham were embarrassing. They came for a point and got one, but not through some sort of tactical masterclass, just through poor finishing and luck. What's frustrating is Bunn will be viewed as the most successful on the night.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:03 am

PRL13 wrote:I think we had our luck on saturday! Two goals were great, but Danny rode his luck and Atkinson fluked the ball forward!

:lol: what a tool !!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:04 am

kcassellsfootygenius wrote:Call me a happy clapper all you like but I am happy I watched a good game of football where my team dominated from start to finish and if we keep playing like that and get a bit of overdue luck we will make the playoffs minimum. Couple of unpopular opinions incoming but even if we don't go up I wouldn't want the manager gone if we are in the top 10 come the end of the season because we are clearly building something.

All this :coys:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:06 am

Pity we didn't get a bit off "luck" last night.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 am

FarnieStag wrote:Easy on the eye as it was, we have now only one more match this season than an incredibly poor Notts County. Are the happy clappers happy with this statistic after nearly a quarter of the season gone and the nightmare of last season?

A lot didn't when we did it better under Coxie.

I wish we could have afforded Akinde though.

The "Mickey Mouse " cup run which ended up at Wembley probably funded that.

In my opinion a top striker is what we need to have our cake and eat it.

But I'm content at the way we are progressing.

We've got a manager who could be another Tisdale we need to keep and support him.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby withnail » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Just taken a look at the Oldham forum, the consensus seems to be that they were very fortunate indeed to get a point...

"Mansfield are the best team we have played.They are well organised and have very tricky wingers who can actually cross the ball.We were lucky not to be 4-0 down at half time but for the cross bar and our brill keeper who was Motm."
withnail
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:39 pm

withnail wrote:Just taken a look at the Oldham forum, the consensus seems to be that they were very fortunate indeed to get a point...

"Mansfield are the best team we have played.They are well organised and have very tricky wingers who can actually cross the ball.We were lucky not to be 4-0 down at half time but for the cross bar and our brill keeper who was Motm."

Their keeper barely made a save did he? Walker shot from tight angle and CJ effort which looked to be going over anyway and was straight at him?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum