{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Woburn Lane & Hotel Update

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:31 pm

Maybe Radders doesn't have much faith in MDC.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Son Of Sherwood wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:Why the banging head?

I'm old school awc and get frustrated with decisions based solely on the root of all evil.

Hence the Government selling off our heritage, not to mention our defence capabilities.

Goodbye 633 Squadron (if you don't know, ask your granddad) and the home of the Red Arrows, who've had to wander the country for 9 years before finally having a home to call their own and are now being evicted again!

We had to bring our fallen back to the UK from Iraq and their first contact with their loved ones was at Lynham. Now it's a housing estate!

I'm with you , it should be made into a heritage museum dedicated to all the brave airmen & women
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:44 pm

laneymtfc wrote:so my question about the hotel got ignored, but were talking about the RAF. Sound

It was back earlier in the thread, see viewtopic.php?p=722124#p722124
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:46 pm

Sneag wrote:Maybe Radders doesn't have much faith in MDC.

They are shocking ,look what they did to the market traders.
stopped them having a market up west gate and shifted them on main market against there wishes.

Then let the continental markets still go up there. shocking
should look after there own first
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby ianb » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 pm

Sneag wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:Hotel shmotel.

Holiday Inn.

Say whaaat?
ianb
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:54 pm

Not about faith Doomy just business. JR will build if he feels it will make money, he's a businessman, first and foremost.

Years without a sizable hotel, which has always been needed, now four come along at once. Hope we get all four but my head tells me we won't.

As for faith in MDC Sneag, even though it is nothing to do with them since planning permission had been already granted, is total.

It was your party who rejected the hotel application five years ago, Shane on them.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:21 pm

I'm not a member of any party moosh.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

I'm old school awc and get frustrated with decisions based solely on the root of all evil.

Hence the Government selling off our heritage, not to mention our defence capabilities.

Goodbye 633 Squadron (if you don't know, ask your granddad) and the home of the Red Arrows, who've had to wander the country for 9 years before finally having a home to call their own and are now being evicted again!

We had to bring our fallen back to the UK from Iraq and their first contact with their loved ones was at Lynham. Now it's a housing estate!

I'm with you , it should be made into a heritage museum dedicated to all the brave airmen & women

This is what every local interest group say about their local barracks or airfield. But who will pay for this unviable white elephant?

Problem is its not viablenfor housing in that lication either.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:24 pm

It's not that far out of Lincoln is it? The University might be extending the campus at Riseholme when HMRC vacate Lawress Hall in 2020, would that generate a need for cheap(ish) rental housing that could use the living quarters?

Would there even be scope for a regional commercial airport on the site a la Finningley/Robin Hood.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Amberheart wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

Thank you for sharing my point of view Amberheart.

arsene wengers coat, bellwhiff and Rob are all correct in what they say because that's the way of the world today and I'm sure that all the numbers will line up in a neat row for the accountants to justify the disposal of these sites. For me, growing up with my Commando comic every Saturday, lying in the garden on my back and seeing the delta wing and hearing the roar of a Vulcan bomber passing over, I place a higher value on our history.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:15 pm

Why bother making Scampton a museum when there's a quality exhibit at East Kirby (codename Silksheen) where the former gate guardian (NX611) at Scampton is now in full taxiing working order.
It's a sight to behold at full throttle.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Whooosh
Head
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:16 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amberheart wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

This is what every local interest group say about their local barracks or airfield. But who will pay for this unviable white elephant?

Problem is its not viablenfor housing in that lication either.

My feelings being that Scampton was the home of the famous Dam Busters that actually won us the WW2
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:56 am

The Dambusters, while an ingenious and courageous operation, actually had quite a minimal impact on the German war effort and casualties were high amongst the RAF crews.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:11 am

Sneag wrote:The Dambusters, while an ingenious and courageous operation, actually had quite a minimal impact on the German war effort and casualties were high amongst the RAF crews.

Quite. A stunning act of bravery, technical ingenuity and skill, but it didn’t win us the war
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:35 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Sneag wrote:The Dambusters, while an ingenious and courageous operation, actually had quite a minimal impact on the German war effort and casualties were high amongst the RAF crews.

Quite. A stunning act of bravery, technical ingenuity and skill, but it didn’t win us the war

Incredible to think Gibson was 25 when he lead that raid. I work with 25 year olds who feel 'bullied' if you ask them to put paper in a photocopier. :roll:
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:40 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Incredible to think Gibson was 25 when he lead that raid. I work with 25 year olds who feel 'bullied' if you ask them to put paper in a photocopier. :roll:

I wonder if Sheffield Wednesday’s Forestieri has been watching The Dambusters movie the day before he (aledgedly) shouted Guy Gibson’s dog’s name at KP.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:18 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Sneag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

I missed that gem amongst all the drivel on here :lol:

A new Bomber Command museum opened recently just outside Lincoln. There will also soon be a Lancaster Bomber on a plinth on the A46 between Newark and Lincoln. I have had the enormous pleasure and honour of hosting numerous WW2 aircrew over the years, they are incredible people for whom we should be eternally grateful.

The new training ground continues to look fantastic, how lucky we are, how far we have come from the dark, grim days of Haslam!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby madstagman » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:57 pm

Looks like builders are happy leaving straight Nick perps on blue bricks at dpc course ,right side of double doors oh dear :-o :-o
madstagman
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby sunray » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:17 pm

Son of Sherwood:
For me, growing up with my Commando comic every Saturday, lying in the garden on my back and seeing the delta wing and hearing the roar of a Vulcan bomber passing over, I place a higher value on our history.

Try Vulcans taking off and landing 24/7 for cold war patrols. The house shaking, the smell of gasoline and the noise. You try growing up at the end of a runway and the sooner it's closed the better. History always puts a rosy glow on the facts
sunray
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:21 pm

madstagman wrote:Looks like builders are happy leaving straight Nick perps on blue bricks at dpc course ,right side of double doors oh dear :-o :-o

Eh?
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:57 pm

sunray wrote:Son of Sherwood:
For me, growing up with my Commando comic every Saturday, lying in the garden on my back and seeing the delta wing and hearing the roar of a Vulcan bomber passing over, I place a higher value on our history.

Try Vulcans taking off and landing 24/7 for cold war patrols. The house shaking, the smell of gasoline and the noise. You try growing up at the end of a runway and the sooner it's closed the better. History always puts a rosy glow on the facts

Fair point well made but without them where would we be?
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:33 am

Son Of Sherwood wrote:

What has any of this gotta do with the training ground or hotel ? Stay on subject guys.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:14 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
Son Of Sherwood wrote:

They protect Area 51.

What has any of this gotta do with the training ground or hotel ? Stay on subject guys.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum