{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Supporters' Complaints

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Supporters' Complaints

Postby Spiritater » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Tof wrote:
The One wrote:Do you expect a turnstile for cash and seat of choice on the off chance you may come over from Germany? It will not happen at the Wonk or anywhere else.

I expect nothing and am therefore never disappointed.

What you described above though is exactly how it used to work (for anyone).
But fair enough, times have changed and JR sets the rules, I've no problem with that and am very thankful for his investment in and work for the club.

By the same token though, he should know that some changes he's made (in my instance) and some of the decisions he's made (e.g. kids prices - see Doom Merchant's posts) are losing the Stags some customers as well, in the case of kids probably long-term.

But apparently doing it that way was costing the club far more as substantial amounts of dosh were going missing. Now with the system we have every penny is accounted for.

Maybe in time we could have a gate with a 'contactless' terminal in it in say the QLE and have one set aside area for those that want to rock up at 2.55pm and pay to go in on their card. That way t'club's gonna be sure there's no fiddlin going on. But access to all areas would create problems for those that've bothered to pre plan their day with Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Davy, Peter Gurney, Dan'l Whidden, Harry Hawk and Old Uncle Tom Cobleigh n all sat in their seats.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 am

Spiritater wrote:
Tof wrote:
The One wrote:Do you expect a turnstile for cash and seat of choice on the off chance you may come over from Germany? It will not happen at the Wonk or anywhere else.

But fair enough, times have changed and JR sets the rules, I've no problem with that and am very thankful for his investment in and work for the club.

By the same token though, he should know that some changes he's made (in my instance) and some of the decisions he's made (e.g. kids prices - see Doom Merchant's posts) are losing the Stags some customers as well, in the case of kids probably long-term.

But apparently doing it that way was costing the club far more as substantial amounts of dosh were going missing. Now with the system we have every penny is accounted for.

Maybe in time we could have a gate with a 'contactless' terminal in it in say the QLE and have one set aside area for those that want to rock up at 2.55pm and pay to go in on their card. That way t'club's gonna be sure there's no fiddlin going on. But access to all areas would create problems for those that've bothered to pre plan their day with Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Davy, Peter Gurney, Dan'l Whidden, Harry Hawk and Old Uncle Tom Cobleigh n all sat in their seats.

Is Jan the sister or the wife of Dan Stewer?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:08 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Tof wrote:

Is Jan the sister or the wife of Dan Stewer?

They aren't related.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby wardy12345 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm

Would it be possible to extend the food counter in the upper west stand so you can put the milk in the tea and drop the empty cartens into the bin with going looking for the bin
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags Fans United » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:50 pm

Do any supporters have any issues that need raising at the next MTFC board meeting which will be held next week?

The list of points raised by SFU at the last board meeting were as follows:

1. More card machines for ticket office.
2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?
Stags Fans United
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Spiritater » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Stags Fans United wrote:Do any supporters have any issues that need raising at the next MTFC board meeting which will be held next week?

The list of points raised by SFU at the last board meeting were as follows:

2. Improve online purchase of tickets. Some blocks and seats in Ian Greaves Stand are not shown as being available.
3. Toilets in Ian Greaves Upper are in a disgusting state and need improving. They are also very small. (The toilets in the old West Stand were much better)
4. What is the situation regarding radio broadcasting rights? Would the club be better moving back to the BBC now that Mansfield 103.2 seem to be more interested in Forest than the Stags.

Any more?

Was there any feedback on the questions asked?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:45 pm

The new steward on the car park needs a training course in how not to be an arrogant idiot & to use what bit of common sense he’s been ‘blessed’ with. He caused loads of problems on Saturday including refusing regular disabled fans their space as his ‘list was full’ when the club had said it was first come first served. He was a disgrace.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Agree feedback to original points raised would show things are being taken on board and discussed constructively.

Can we have feed back or a date when feedback is expected to be received? I.e if action points were taken away from last meeting and due to provide response at the next meeting.

All we ask is for communication.

On a positive note I will state at the game v Chesterfield the Steward in P block was actively telling parents that should their child require the toilet to use executive toilets, doesn't solve the problem for the wider audience but does help with kids.

On a negative note the police standing at the front of the block P preventing seated fans seated from viewing the game, meaning they had to stand up towards end of first half / start of second half. It was only until one of his superiors were spoken to by a fan did he tell his colleague to move. I fully appreciate they are there to prevent public disorder should it arise, but they aren't there to watch a free game of football and spoil the enjoyment of fans by responding arrogantly "no im not moving".
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:27 pm

The last board meeting was attended by Dean in October and the directors noted the points that had been raised by SFU and agreed to look into them.

There has obviously still been an issue about buying tickets online as demonstrated by the Chesterfield game but the board did manage to get more tickets released e.g. R Block.

Paul Broughton has informed me that the board inspected the Upper IGU toilets after the board meeting and that the toilets were clean. However, I think the main problem with them is that they are not fit for purpose and are far too small. I have pointed out that the directors would complain about them if they had to use them. It was complete chaos at half time for the Chesterfield game when there were very large queues.

With regard to radio broadcasting, the board said they were currently tied into a deal with Mansfield 103.2 but would review matters when the contract was next renewed.

I'll follow up on them at the board meeting next week.

Regards

Darren
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:The last board meeting was attended by Dean in October and the directors noted the points that had been raised by SFU and agreed to look into them.

There has obviously still been an issue about buying tickets online as demonstrated by the Chesterfield game but the board did manage to get more tickets released e.g. R Block.

Paul Broughton has informed me that the board inspected the Upper IGU toilets after the board meeting and that the toilets were clean. However, I think the main problem with them is that they are not fit for purpose and are far too small. I have pointed out that the directors would complain about them if they had to use them. It was complete chaos at half time for the Chesterfield game when there were very large queues.

With regard to radio broadcasting, the board said they were currently tied into a deal with Mansfield 103.2 but would review matters when the contract was next renewed.

I'll follow up on them at the board meeting next week.

Regards

Darren

Thank you Darren much appreciated.
It's nice to know they will review broadcast rights in due course. To continue with the Woodhouse Rd lot under the present contract terms, ie 'we'll do commo when we've nowt better to do' would be pretty poor.
Just imagine the utter laughableness of us being drawn away to Manchester Utd in the FA Cup 3rd round and the radio listeners in the town and surrounding area being,
A. Having to be content with updates into Clownty's league game that week as they'd been KO'd by Oxford City in the 2nd Rnd.

B. Forced to listen to a song from Bouncy and then loadsa naff carpet ads, a quick flit to the Chitty Ground, some Premiership scores and then going across to Old Trafford where Rosey'd put us one up with five mins to play when Bouncy was singing :D

How bad would that be?

I know we've that fantastic service ifollow but your casual listener aint gonna fork out for it. He/she's gonna turn on the radio and think, 'why's it not on there. Are Stags that meaningless they don't warrant some proper coverage'?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:52 pm

Anyone use the online ticket service? Bought ticket last weekend for the Morecambe game to be sent out and it's not arrived. Anyone else have problems with this? First time i've booked online and not great. It is Christmas i guess but i suppose i'll have to faff about ringing the club tomorrow to sort it out.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby adsstag » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:43 pm

That annoying light in the quarry lane end on the far right hand side. As supporter it's distracting and annoying and must distract players at times. Is there any real need for it?
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:17 pm

What givescin the Sandy Pate Bar?

Queued for 15 mins on New Years Day to be told, on reaching the bar, "this section is closed", happened around 2.20pm. Place is under staffed and run by clowns.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 am

The Cardiff replay is yet again demonstrating how in adequate the online ticketing system is for the club and any fan wanting to attend.

There where no tickets available last night yet 600 tickets have magically appeared over night and are available in blocks that had been sold out.

Key points / concerns.

It is plain for all too see that, should someone wish to, ticket sales can easily be sabotaged by locking up seats. The example above is worth £6k revenue.

The refresh rate before re-releasing tickets on sale is in adequate, over night is it appears to be currently, this should be hourly as a minimum.

There is no override in the club shop, they are faced with the same problems and can only sell whats available, when in theory plenty are but can't be accessed.

The ticketing system is not fit for business and needs to be replaced.

Season ticket holders can't purchase their seat online (this can be done at other clubs).

Make it simple so the customer / fan can attend, the system needs to be replaced or upgraded either way investment needs to be made and will see an immediate pay back - on occassions like this - given that fans will be able to clearly see what tickets are available.

Both the Chesterfield and County demonstrated the failings of the ticket systems - what does the club plan to do about it?
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Iliketrains » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 pm

In addition to Stags 2002's excellent points, can I put forward that if the online ticketing system is revamped - is it possible to add a 'paypal' option when buying match tickets? Before Christmas I was able to buy a shirt, scarf and other stuff online from the club shop via paypal due to ebay sales etc but not match tickets. It's not a big deal but it would be an extra advantage for me and i'd imagine for the club for fans to be able to buy tickets on paypal.
Iliketrains
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby wardy12345 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Today while scanning my season ticket to get into the upper tear west it was snatched from me by one of these security people who was trying to get bossy and tell me i was entertaining the ground through the wrong entrance. When I told this person that i had been using this gate since the stand was built and sitting on the same area-since the stand was opened. He got pushy and demanded i go to the other end of the ground. After a few moments a second security person joined in being pushy and demanding i go to the wrong entrance after i told them 4 or 5 more times they looked at the ground plan three or four times and read it wrong and still insisted i go to the wrong entrance they got on the radio and continued to mess me about.

I told them my dad sits next to me and is waiting the other side of the turnstiles which they ignored.

After continually being unable to look at my season ticket and the stadium plan and telling me i was using the wrong gate the penny finally dropped i was right then messing around with my card until it wouldn’t work I had to get another one printed.

In 30 years of watching the Stags I’ve never come across such poor gate staff. How am I supposed to take my children to the football in the future when the security can not behave towards customers in a decent way
wardy12345
First Team
First Team

Postby bigalstag » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:10 am

I suggest whoever takes resposibility for day to day running of the ground?, should look at all the toilets in the IGS and South Stand.
They should look to dry their hands after washing. What they will find is that 80% of the hand driers do not work. Incovenient and most probably a health hazard. This situation has not imptoved one iota since the beginning of the season.
Please do something about it if indeed this is in anybody's job description!!!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 pm

I, on behalf of Yorkshire Stag would like to complain that we are not signing three players a day
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby jimdadstag » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:52 pm

There doesn't seem to be much 'action' on the supporter complaints,have they all been sorted?
Its only my opinion,deal with it!
jimdadstag
First Team
First Team

Postby The One » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:10 pm

jimdadstag wrote:There doesn't seem to be much 'action' on the supporter complaints,have they all been sorted?

Tippy Tappy your man
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby ladybr00kjohn » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:23 pm

What has happened to the Stags killer punch, score and go totally in defence. The second goal is the important one not only distance from opposition but for goal difference in the league.
ladybr00kjohn
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stagsfan48 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:35 pm

Stags Fans United wrote:The list of points that have we have for the MTFC board meeting next week that have been raised on here are as follows:

Any more?

As nothing has changed regarding point 3 can anyone give feedback on the discussion with John Radford.
stagsfan48
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:38 pm

Point 3 - Nope was a bog even before kick-off.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:26 am

I have a few complaints

The badge is crap
Bishop Street shit-hole
Stewards jobsworths
Team average
Too expensive
E-cigs should be allowed. Perfumed water vapor isnt harmful.

I think that's all for now.

Thanks
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:46 pm

I currently have shingles and it's itching like a rite bastid.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum