{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby chambta » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:46 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Even a draw on Tuesday won’t be enough.

The first accurate post you've ever made on here.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Tell you what

Walking by that side street over the road from the ground -the last time I saw that many mutants was on a VHS copy of The Evil Dead.

Brains.. I want to eat your brainsssss
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:51 pm

chambta wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Even a draw on Tuesday won’t be enough.

The first accurate post you've ever made on here.

:lol: wrong again ,when you where giving it large after your draw at ours , as I said at the time you where deluded ,so who as turned out to be right. :lol:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:12 pm

Straight from bobs board

"..we will undoubtedly be one of the biggest (if not the biggest) club in there & for 75% of the teams it will be like a cup final....playing at a championship quality ground"

Biggest team? Tranmere are much bigger and id say so are wrexham and Leyton Orient.
Cup final? Getting there excuse for getting beat at home in early.
Championship ground? Its league two/ league one at best.

Few posters agreeing they're the biggest club :lol:

They are all so deluded and its hilarious, nothing can prepare them for whats coming. Hope they keep lester, he's absolutely clueless.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:14 pm

Foxy wrote:Tell you what

Walking by that side street over the road from the ground -the last time I saw that many mutants was on a VHS copy of The Evil Dead.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly - that was just what I was thinking as we drove past!!! Looked like scientific experiments that had gone wrong!!

Karma is wonderful.. and oh how the cheating raspberry deserve it!!!
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby WeDeserveMore » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:18 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Straight from bobs board

"..we will undoubtedly be one of the biggest (if not the biggest) club in there & for 75% of the teams it will be like a cup final....playing at a championship quality ground"

Biggest team? Tranmere are much bigger and id say so are wrexham and Leyton Orient.
Cup final? Getting there excuse for getting beat at home in early.
Championship ground? Its league two/ league one at best.

Few posters agreeing they're the biggest club :lol:

They are all so deluded and its hilarious, nothing can prepare them for whats coming. Hope they keep lester, he's absolutely clueless.

Their ground is smart to a degree... but it's all one tier and very lego-esque. At least we have a really huge imposing double tiered stand that generates noise.. only thing Haslam got right with stadium (that and not moving it).
Champions!!!!!!!
WeDeserveMore
First Team
First Team

Postby Stags 2002 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

The thing is though if it does happen they'll be the fresh meat and teams will automatically raise their game, that will make it even harder to recover look at leyton orient this season.

Its also the small subtle things though that are taken for granted, an example is having to come to terms your team is no longer good enough for fifa 19 :lol: . But also having to qualify for the FA Cup 1st round, playing in the FA Trophy etc.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:35 pm

How much is the parachute payment now?
Here's hoping DA has already got his eye on this and the sheeps playing budget doesn't see a penny of it. :lol:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:36 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:The thing is though if it does happen they'll be the fresh meat and teams will automatically raise their game, that will make it even harder to recover look at leyton orient this season.

Its also the small subtle things though that are taken for granted, an example is having to come to terms your team is no longer good enough for fifa 19 :lol: . But also having to qualify for the FA Cup 1st round, playing in the FA Trophy etc.

Also the standard of the officials.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Stags 2002 wrote:The thing is though if it does happen they'll be the fresh meat and teams will automatically raise their game, that will make it even harder to recover look at leyton orient this season.

And the clowns actually running the league. Do they still sell fax machines?
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Couple of good things about non league are you are able to listen to games online without having to fork out for that FANTASTIC service ifollow. And come the festive period you are usually playing a local derby, which means t'sheep would be playing errrrr :think:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby tibby » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:35 pm

Solihull Moors :lol:
tibby
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Enjoying a glass of red wine and a read of Bobs Board with threads entitled "End of an Era", "R.I.P. Chesterfield" "Worst Manager Ever", "Disgusted""; and "National League Is Not The End".

There are still a few loose nails in Chesterfield's coffin lid but I've heard Paul Tisdale. Christian Doidge and Reuben Reid are waiting down in the South West with a big hammer and ten tons of concrete. Dale Vince has found a nice spot for the burial in the foundations of his new stadium.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm

Hopefully they can do us a favour and beat Exeter on their way down!
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Enjoying a glass of red wine and a read of Bobs Board with threads entitled "End of an Era", "R.I.P. Chesterfield" "Worst Manager Ever", "Disgusted""; and "National League Is Not The End".

There are still a few loose nails in Chesterfield's coffin lid but I've heard Paul Tisdale. Christian Doidge and Reuben Reid are waiting down in the South West with a big hammer and ten tons of concrete. Dale Vince has found a nice spot for the burial in the foundations of his new stadium.

They're already starting to sound like Luton fans.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:12 pm

Spiritater wrote:Couple of good things about non league are you are able to listen to games online without having to fork out for that FANTASTIC service ifollow.

Only if BBC Radio Sheffield do commentary. I don't think Peak FM will be able to stream their commentary online without paying extra.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Dan wrote:Hopefully they can do us a favour and beat Exeter on their way down!

I can't see Exeter slipping up Dan with Chesterfield and Crawley at home and Stevenage away. The quicker the Spireites' relegation is confirmed then the better for me.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:45 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Couple of good things about non league are you are able to listen to games online without having to fork out for that FANTASTIC service ifollow.

Only if BBC Radio Sheffield do commentary. I don't think Peak FM will be able to stream their commentary online without paying extra.

BBC Sheffield will do it same as Radio Nottm did it so well in our NL years. They can't broadcast EFL games on t'internet I believe so t'will leave that media outlet for things going on at t'sheep away games.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:47 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

I can't see Exeter slipping up Dan with Chesterfield and Crawley at home and Stevenage away. The quicker the Spireites' relegation is confirmed then the better for me.

Me neither mate but no one saw Lincoln losing at Port Vale yesterday so you never know.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Dan wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:

Me neither mate but no one saw Lincoln losing at Port Vale yesterday so you never know.

I did.
Classic 'After the Lord Mayors Show' game.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Interesting reading on Bob's Board that they are comparing their current situation to when we went down to the Conference and hoping they will manage to rid themselves of the dodgy owners in the same way that we did.
While there are numerous similarities they are forgetting one vital thing - due to Haslam being such a tight wad the only bit of his own money that he ever put into the club was the initial quid that he spent on it with everything else coming from grants, windfalls (Calderwood), and such like. Therefore, all any potential purchaser need to do was to buy the club and ground which was still quite a significant investment.
They have an owner that has pumped large amounts of cash into the club during his stewardship so not only do they have to buy the club and ground, but also have to clear the debt or set up a repayment schedule (with interest) to do so. With this debt rumoured to be somewhere around £6-7m, it will require a very wealthy purchaser, or will see them struggling financially for years to come while they pay off the current regime.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:40 pm

WeDeserveMore wrote:
Foxy wrote:Tell you what

:lol: :lol: :lol: Honestly - that was just what I was thinking as we drove past!!! Looked like scientific experiments that had gone wrong!!

Karma is wonderful.. and oh how the cheating raspberry deserve it!!!

They were proper foaming at the mouth when they saw me doing the 'going down' gesture and laughing at them. :lol:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am

Sneag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

And the clowns actually running the league. Do they still sell fax machines?

Don't forget how the home fans change ends after half-time that's really funny to see....
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby manssmooth » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:13 am

One of the funniest games when we were down the "hell hole" for me was Grays Athletic? (i think that's what they were called).

On a lovely sunny day we arrived to find there was a small block of flats literally 5-10 meters away from the pitch, and just after kick off i looked up and there was this little old dear out on her balcony, knitting and drinking her afternoon cuppa whilst watching the game :shock: :lol:

She did get some greetings from some of our fans (but i couldn't quite catch what they were singing ;) )

Ey bluetoof just think what you've got to look forward to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fear Naught
manssmooth
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:35 am

manssmooth wrote:One of the funniest games when we were down the "hell hole" for me was Grays Athletic? (i think that's what they were called).

On a lovely sunny day we arrived to find there was a small block of flats literally 5-10 meters away from the pitch, and just after kick off i looked up and there was this little old dear out on her balcony, knitting and drinking her afternoon cuppa whilst watching the game :shock: :lol:

She did get some greetings from some of our fans (but i couldn't quite catch what they were singing ;) )

Ey bluetoof just think what you've got to look forward to :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That ground no longer is with us, it is all covered with houses, just like the ground at Hayes and Yeading we played at.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum