{ the forum }
 
An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Luke Waterfall

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Luke Waterfall

Postby Wil0211 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 pm

You are a disgrace and I hope the authorities throw the book at you.
If a fan threw a full bottle of water and it hit one of the players they would be looking at a lifetime ban
User avatar
Wil0211
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
 
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:24 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Madstagsfan2 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 pm

I didn't see where the bottle came from, I presume someone in the IGS threw it on the pitch. Waterfall was an idiot for throwing it back and thoroughly deserved his red card. And then to argue the toss was ridiculous.

I'm sure I saw Rhead get booked for dissent, only to continue arguing, the ref went for his card again and then changed his mind.

Did Macca dive in the first half? Can't this for the life of me why he would do that, we were on the attack and would gain no advantage from a break in play.
Madstagsfan2
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:28 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby part time pete » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Madstagsfan2 wrote:I didn't see where the bottle came from, I presume someone in the IGS threw it on the pitch. Waterfall was an idiot for throwing it back and thoroughly deserved his red card. And then to argue the toss was ridiculous.

I'm sure I saw Rhead get booked for dissent, only to continue arguing, the ref went for his card again and then changed his mind.

Did Macca dive in the first half? Can't this for the life of me why he would do that, we were on the attack and would gain no advantage from a break in play.


I thought Macca tripped himself up and immediately said it wasn't a foul from my view in upper west stand.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:46 pm

The ref was very very poor, too.
I was Kaiser Bill’s Batman
User avatar
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6286
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: In the land of the Merry Men

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:04 am

what door handle throwing it back at the WSU, red card every day, however was Bennett’s a second yellow ? didn’t look it, a point each was a fair result imo
Our time will come
User avatar
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 8062
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:35 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Foxy » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:21 am

he'll throw it back at you all
he's a waterfall
User avatar
Foxy
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 5350
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:36 pm
Location: At the Coop

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:31 am

yorkshire stag wrote:what door handle throwing it back at the WSU, red card every day, however was Bennett’s a second yellow ? didn’t look it, a point each was a fair result imo



looked a soft yellow, think the ref had lost it at that point.

what was bennetts first booking for? did he kick the ball away or just not fetch it? I noticed green kicked the ball away in the first half, no booking for him...
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4253
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Im not the real OND » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 am

I’m not sure the ball was anywhere near Bennett for the first yellow. And his second didn’t look a foul, let alone a yellow.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
 
Posts: 1382
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby part time pete » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:35 am

Stupid first booking for Rhys. Bennett was taking piss and time wasting by refusing to kick ball back to Logan and ball boys disappearing under orders when we are winning.
Can we play Accrington Stanley every week.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager
 
Posts: 5348
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:39 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:36 am

Im not the real OND wrote:I’m not sure the ball was anywhere near Bennett for the first yellow. And his second didn’t look a foul, let alone a yellow.



I swear Bennett was walking towards the ball, then decided to leave it. Lincoln fans went mad then he got booked? Unless I missed something
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4253
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:39 am

We had a throw in. The ball went past Bennett who left it. A second ball was given to white to take the throw in. Ref booked him.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
User avatar
gazza1988
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4646
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:23 pm
Location: Beeston, Nottingham

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Bradders » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:42 am

part time pete wrote:Stupid first booking for Rhys. Bennett was taking piss and time wasting by refusing to kick ball back to Logan and ball boys disappearing under orders when we are winning.

I don't think that the ball was on the pitch - Bennett was booked for not going off the pitch and retrieving the ball. In the meantime another ball was provided for the throw-in.
I guess that if a ball-boy isn't available then the nearest player is obliged to leave the field of play and retrieve the ball - and if he doesn't then it's a serious offence.
User avatar
Bradders
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3202
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Rightback » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:47 am

Bennett kicked the ball away into the area behind the corner flag.

Second yellow very soft, just seen it on the highlights
Rightback
Youth Team
Youth Team
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:32 am

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:18 am

Foxy wrote:he'll throw it back at you all
he's a waterfall


:lol: :lol: :lol:
You have just won post of the century and therefore won the internet. Stagsnet should be shut down instantly as it will never get better.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
User avatar
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2977
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:23 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 am

Waterfall was an idiot for throwing the bottle into the crowd it could have hit anyone and he'll deserve and get a long ban.

The 'fan' who threw it has probably cost JR a few grand and has given more ammunition to SAG to keep treating us like were Galatasaray. Well done you arse.
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6804
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:04 am

Sneag wrote:Waterfall was an idiot for throwing the bottle into the crowd it could have hit anyone and he'll deserve and get a long ban.

The 'fan' who threw it has probably cost JR a few grand and has given more ammunition to SAG to keep treating us like were Galatasaray. Well done you arse.



I wonder if any further action was taken against coventry fans when they were throwing stuff at Logan?

not defending anyone, cos no one should throw anything at football (unless it's a throw in ;))
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4253
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Sneag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Sneag wrote:Waterfall was an idiot for throwing the bottle into the crowd it could have hit anyone and he'll deserve and get a long ban.

The 'fan' who threw it has probably cost JR a few grand and has given more ammunition to SAG to keep treating us like were Galatasaray. Well done you arse.



I wonder if any further action was taken against coventry fans when they were throwing stuff at Logan?

not defending anyone, cos no one should throw anything at football (unless it's a throw in ;))


Nope. Unless the culprit gets nicked at the time.

It's always the club that get penalised, just as they do when ever our fans set off a smoke bomb (for those of you wondering why there are sniffer dogs outside q block and who is footing the bill)
MANSFIELD TOWN FC - SPOILING YOUR WEEKENDS SINCE 1910.
User avatar
Sneag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 6804
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:41 pm
Location: Evidently Chickentown

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby crazystagdad » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:33 pm

i stated waterfall should be aressted and took to court as will the fan will be when identified on cctv.thus both shud recieve three year bans or more
crazystagdad
Reserve Team
Reserve Team
 
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby stagmanrob » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:14 pm

If Waterfall receives a lengthy ban, how many games will he need to be awarded to miss Wembley?

More fool him if it happens :lol:
User avatar
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2055
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:39 pm
Location: Newbold

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Expat Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:44 pm

Football used to be so aggro.

Folk flipping crying over the return throwing of a bottle is so Meldrew. Has no one in here ever been in a punk moshpit.
Hope I'm wrong
User avatar
Expat Stag
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 3589
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:53 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:24 pm

Expat Stag wrote:Football used to be so aggro.

Folk flipping crying over the return throwing of a bottle is so Meldrew. Has no one in here ever been in a punk moshpit.


I dyed my hair in fifth form, does that count?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
User avatar
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 9299
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:42 pm
Location: Insularfield

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Jamie » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:28 pm

Are you serious Exapt... He threw a full looking bottle from the pitch up into the upper West. Both parties should be banned for a long time.

You choose to go in a moshpit. You dont choose to have a footballer lob a bottle at you like that when at a gsme.

I hope the police are investigating this.
Jamie
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:42 am
Location: Mansfield

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Beano » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:44 pm

Foxy wrote:he'll throw it back at you all
he's a waterfall


Take a bow sir

“He’s Luke Waterfall” would have been better, but you were very close to perfection :)
“Vanity inclines us to find faults any where rather than in ourselves”

Samuel Johnson
User avatar
Beano
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 2293
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:51 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby tmwilson » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm

Disgusting from both sides . Waterfall should recieve a three match ban at least but the idiot who threw the bottle in the first place should be banned for life .
It may be just a bottle to some fans but the initial throwing could of sparked a pitch invasion from their fans or likewise when the bottle was hurled back .

I enjoyed some friendly banter with some Lincoln fans in the bar beforehand . I didn't see or hear of any
trouble before or after the game . It was a good atmosphere from both sets of supporters and this incident could of caused trouble .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager
 
Posts: 1970
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Luke Waterfall

Postby Bridgford Stag » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:19 pm

[quote="Jamie"]Are you serious Exapt... He threw a full looking bottle from the pitch up into the upper West. Both parties should be banned for a long time.

You choose to go in a moshpit. You dont choose to have a footballer lob a bottle at you like that when at a gsme.

I hope the police are investigating this.[/quote

I take your point Jamie.

Palmer was provocative in his celebration, hence the bottle thrown at him?

But then the bottle was hurled up into the Upper Stand to reach there, so my presumption was it was a fairly full bottle. And Waterfall couldn't understand why he was red carded :roll:

Happened at County when we played them a couple of seasons ago at ML when a bottle was thrown onto the pitch.

Hope such idiots will just keep it in order and realise what a stupid thing it is to do.

Bans must come into the equation as should prosecutions.
Bridgford Stag
First Team
First Team
 
Posts: 864
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:03 pm

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Billy the fish, northern stag and 22 guests