{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags' Strikers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:20 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A good 2-1 home win for Lincoln today against league leaders, Tranmere Rovers. First goal was scored by Nathan Arnold.

There was a crowd of 6,335 at Sincil Bank with 807 from Tranmere.

There was a crowd of 10,084 at Donny Rovers with 4,012 from Grimsby.

The Mansfield and Ashfield public need to start getting behind JR and the Stags.

And they will as soon as they start heading towards the top of the table, as the two teams you've pointed out are currently showing
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:57 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A good 2-1 home win for Lincoln today against league leaders, Tranmere Rovers. First goal was scored by Nathan Arnold.

There was a crowd of 6,335 at Sincil Bank with 807 from Tranmere.

There was a crowd of 10,084 at Donny Rovers with 4,012 from Grimsby.

The Mansfield and Ashfield public need to start getting behind JR and the Stags.

And they will as soon as they start heading towards the top of the table, as the two teams you've pointed out are currently showing

Exactly
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:37 am

Lincoln is also a City so should when doing well get big crowds.
Donny have a had sustained sucess recently as well meaning they have a stronger fan base than ours.
We need to start winning football games and the crowds will follow.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:55 am

Yes a local derby and a top of the table clash, can hardly be used as viable benchmarks for our attendances, when in reality, we are 5-600 up already in terms of home fans through the gate.
When SE has cleared out a lot of this shower, and I don't believe I'm being unkind things will improve again on the gates front.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and the depth of repair work from the previous regime will take a while, thankfully it's only days away now.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:38 am

I went to visit my Lad who lives in Lincoln with his wife and son . She's a big Lincoln fan so we went to the game .
Very impressed . Big crowd , good following by Tranmere, Very good atmosphere , end to end football . Lincoln play like they did yesterday then they will go up . . Spoke to a lot of lincoln fans before the game in the pub and they couldn't praise Rhead and Arnold enough .
Waterfall was immense yesterday. Rhead was a little quiet . Arnold was very good . A very intelligent player who never stopped running . I can see why Grimsby fans were upset he left . I'd take him and waterfall over some of our players .
Marriott had only just come on when he scored the winner . The place was rocking . A very enjoyable day out . Although my daughter in law kept pulling me up for checking the stags score every ten minutes
Last edited by tmwilson on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:06 am

Why is there a thread about Lincoln anyway ? What's the big love in with them ? Can't stand them personally.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 am

bellwhiff wrote:Why is there a thread about Lincoln anyway ? What's the big love in with them ? Can't stand them personally.

Agreed
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:31 am

i want them to come back up because i enjoy our games with lincoln , localish games with good atmospheres . i wouldn't call it a love in, id just rather us play lincoln than newport, cheltenham or tranmere or forest green
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:46 pm

Yes I have to agree. It's all about the money they'll bring into our club if they come back up. They'd fill the NS, whereas FGR'd bring an away following of 60-70. It's no suprise whiffy can't stand them, but then again he can't stand any other club either probably.
Last edited by Spiritater on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:13 pm

Bellwhiff, there's a thread about them because they are a squad of Mansfields finest rejects who are romping the national league. But as we know when the rain closes in on that league fixture congestion can play a huge part in deciding the title.

Personally hope its lincoln who come up with Dog & Duck. (I've been to those two grounds)
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:43 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Bellwhiff, there's a thread about them because they are a squad of Mansfields finest rejects who are romping the national league. But as we know when the rain closes in on that league fixture congestion can play a huge part in deciding the title.

Personally hope its lincoln who come up with Dog & Duck. (I've been to those two grounds)

Never want Dog and Duck to come back. I'd much rather it was Tranmere with Lincoln. Proper away followings and atmosphere.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Keep it Simple wrote:Yes a local derby and a top of the table clash, can hardly be used as viable benchmarks for our attendances, when in reality, we are 5-600 up already in terms of home fans through the gate.
When SE has cleared out a lot of this shower, and I don't believe I'm being unkind things will improve again on the gates front.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and the depth of repair work from the previous regime will take a while, thankfully it's only days away now.

Have you been there recently? I was there in July and it doesn't look like any building has been done in a long time ;)
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:35 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Lincoln is also a City so should when doing well get big crowds.
Donny have a had sustained sucess recently as well meaning they have a stronger fan base than ours.

Also, one reason why we didn't get bigger crowds when we won the conference was because for most of the season we were mid-table and didn't look like we were going to get promotion until the final month. Had we have been setting the pace from the off, we would have got bigger crowds i'm sure.
As has been said many times ......... if we win games regulalry, the crowds will be bigger.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Vice President wrote:
Captain Cunno wrote:Lincoln is also a City so should when doing well get big crowds.

Also, one reason why we didn't get bigger crowds when we won the conference was because for most of the season we were mid-table and didn't look like we were going to get promotion until the final month. Had we have been setting the pace from the off, we would have got bigger crowds i'm sure.
As has been said many times ......... if we win games regulalry, the crowds will be bigger.

That's hardly rocket science, win more games, get bigger crowds. It's the same for every club.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:26 pm

Vice President wrote:

The home gates building up to the Wrexham match were not that great for the position we were in . We had a great run from January onwards , Including a 5.0 and 8 1 wins . Penultimate game was around 3,600 the one before that around 3,400 .
Gates would improve in this league but I'd be very surprised if we averaged more than 4,500 home fans . .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:03 am

4,500 average home gate would be amongst our highest since the 70's so that would be a good return.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:23 am

Spiritater wrote:Yes I have to agree. It's all about the money they'll bring into our club if they come back up. They'd fill the NS, whereas FGR'd bring an away following of 60-70. It's no suprise whiffy can't stand them, but then again he can't stand any other club either probably.

By that logic, you'd prefer to see us entertaining Cheaterfield repeater than them go to the Conference. I would rather play Leeds with a minibus full in the league of i knew that Cheaterfield were in the league below. ,

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:34 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Spiritater wrote:Yes I have to agree. It's all about the money they'll bring into our club if they come back up. They'd fill the NS, whereas FGR'd bring an away following of 60-70. It's no suprise whiffy can't stand them, but then again he can't stand any other club either probably.

By that logic, you'd prefer to see us entertaining Cheaterfield repeater than them go to the Conference. I would rather play Leeds with a minibus full in the league of i knew that Cheaterfield were in the league below. ,

Grammar Nazi in poor spelling and punctuation shocker! :shock:
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:11 pm

bellwhiff wrote:

Now you're being silly whiffy lad.
It may be ok for you to say 'I'd sooner play Leeds with a mini bus full', but you don't pay the bills at t'club do you and if you're lucky make a couple of games a season at home (not a dig, as you live in t'south). I'd sooner we played the cheats every season and spanked their butts having taken £35-40,000 off them while they're watching us do it. It's all about economics. Or we could have FGR turn up with a car full, you do the math.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Am off to watch them play Nantwich tomorrow so should be interesting....

Can't see them playing a full side though
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

It may be ok for you to say 'I'd sooner play Leeds with a mini bus full', but you don't pay the bills at t'club do you and if you're lucky make a couple of games a season at home (not a dig, as you live in t'south). I'd sooner we played the cheats every season and spanked their butts having taken £35-40,000 off them while they're watching us do it. It's all about economics. Or we could have FGR turn up with a car full, you do the math.

fgs - its MATHS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:56 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

For pity's sake, its MATHS
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:12 am

When you can spell 'it's' correctly I'll take you seriously Edders.

Sprirers.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:51 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:i want them to come back up because i enjoy our games with lincoln , localish games with good atmospheres . i wouldn't call it a love in, id just rather us play lincoln than newport, cheltenham or tranmere or forest green

They were always good games with a bit of edge, and true I'm sure we'd all take Lincoln over Newport :lol:
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:51 pm

love the fact Rheady scored for us at their ground, they still have not forgiven him in the cup lol
they have served their time, i want um back in the league cracking away day
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum