{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby daddycool » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:37 am

Don't get to smug lads we are hardly romping it.
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:08 am

A relative! No you can rule out that assumption. In fact I have no relatives at MTFC ( but I do talk to an ex player at my gym if you think that affects my opinion). The reason I said he some how kept us up was acknowledgement of how close it was. (Your comment about Tranmere shows how close it was). Regarding your sales figures, if they were poor and you were struggling to put them right would you want your customers discussing who they would want to be your replacement? The performance on Saturday was poor and I have already acknowledged that on here. All I am saying is give him chance to put it right.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:32 am

Amber Andy wrote:A relative! No you can rule out that assumption. In fact I have no relatives at MTFC ( but I do talk to an ex player at my gym if you think that affects my opinion). The reason I said he some how kept us up was acknowledgement of how close it was. (Your comment about Tranmere shows how close it was). Regarding your sales figures, if they were poor and you were struggling to put them right would you want your customers discussing who they would want to be your replacement? The performance on Saturday was poor and I have already acknowledged that on here. All I am saying is give him chance to put it right.

I wouldn't say we were his customers, any less than I would say we were his bosses. As for my customers, well they would know if I was doing a decent job as their business spend would reflect it. And of course he doesn't want people discussing it , who would? But it comes with the turf, if you can't accept that then you are watching the wrong sport. Discussion and opinion is what keeps the game and interest going.
AM has had a lot of time, and money. We have a large youth system which may produce results, but not wholesale, this needs revenue, his performance has not encouraged it.
As I have said, if he proves many of us wrong, fair play to him. But I believe he won't, and we have a large back room staff to help him, but none who appear to want to challenge him. His pre match interview on Saturday oozed caution and fear. Those traits will not change.
There is one stat, I don't have but I'm sure someone will. That stat is;

How many top six sides have we beaten in his time here?

AM is not being hounded out, he is doing it himself by taking us for mugs, when he should know better, many fans aren't stupid, despite having none of this so called pro football experience, which apparently precludes us from a reasonable opinion.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 am

I must have been watching the wrong sport, and the wrong team in that sport for over 50 years then. The fact that in football, some fans are quick to discard a struggling manager and replace him with someone they think will come up to their unrealistic expectations does not make it right. Thank goodness there are clubs like Exeter who have the moral courage to stick with a manager through difficult times.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:21 am

Anyway, back to Spireites - hilarious isn't it!
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:36 am

ParisStag wrote:Anyway, back to Spireites - hilarious isn't it!

Not the time to gloat, until we put OUR house in order.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:37 am

[quote="Amber Andy"]I must have been watching the wrong sport, and the wrong team in that sport for over 50 years then. The fact that in football, some fans are quick to discard a struggling manager and replace him with someone they think will come up to their unrealistic expectations does not make it right. Thank goodness there are clubs like Exeter who have the moral courage to stick with a manager through difficult times.

I've only been going 40 years, so I bow to your extra knowledge Andy...but how do you know many of us have unrealistic expectations?
Maybe I have with only going 40 years and not knowing a lot, but my expectations aren't that high.
Giving entertainment out for my £30 or so that goes on a Saturday....that too much to ask? Or listening to a load of guff, about the opposition, or playing under strength sides in Cups, because we are playing for the League.
Or mysterious exits of players and rumours of ill discipline.
Exeter.......well they've done well haven't they...

You have your opinion, I have mine, we'll see who is the more correct over time. If he pulls it round good for him and the club, and folk like me with unrealistic expectations.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Showaddywaddy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:56 am

At least they have got Clucas to get them out of trouble................oh wait

Never mind Morsey is a class player and I am sure he can help turn around their results................whoops

Not to worry as with a Cook as manager they will still play some good attacking football.....................doh

Oh well no need for them to fear with the sale of some top quality players they must have plenty of cash to reinvest............what do you mean they are skint?
More People Use Sankey Than For Any Other Reason
Showaddywaddy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:13 am

Amber Andy wrote:

This is a Spireite gloating thread.

Just because we're crap doesn't mean we can't have a good old belly laugh at the cheats.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am

Keep it Simple wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:A relative! No you can rule out that assumption. In fact I have no relatives at MTFC ( but I do talk to an ex player at my gym if you think that affects my opinion). The reason I said he some how kept us up was acknowledgement of how close it was. (Your comment about Tranmere shows how close it was). Regarding your sales figures, if they were poor and you were struggling to put them right would you want your customers discussing who they would want to be your replacement? The performance on Saturday was poor and I have already acknowledged that on here. All I am saying is give him chance to put it right.

I wouldn't say we were his customers, any less than I would say we were his bosses. As for my customers, well they would know if I was doing a decent job as their business spend would reflect it. And of course he doesn't want people discussing it , who would? But it comes with the turf, if you can't accept that then you are watching the wrong sport. Discussion and opinion is what keeps the game and interest going.
AM has had a lot of time, and money. We have a large youth system which may produce results, but not wholesale, this needs revenue, his performance has not encouraged it.
As I have said, if he proves many of us wrong, fair play to him. But I believe he won't, and we have a large back room staff to help him, but none who appear to want to challenge him. His pre match interview on Saturday oozed caution and fear. Those traits will not change.
There is one stat, I don't have but I'm sure someone will. That stat is;

How many top six sides have we beaten in his time here?

AM is not being hounded out, he is doing it himself by taking us for mugs, when he should know better, many fans aren't stupid, despite having none of this so called pro football experience, which apparently precludes us from a reasonable opinion.

Let me buy a beer for you sir!
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Completely agree also.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Completely agree also.

Then start a thread on how bad we are.............

I mean there aren't any of those on the board at the moment are there??

As for the cheats

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Amberheart » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Beano wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

This is a Spireite gloating thread.

Just because we're crap doesn't mean we can't have a good old belly laugh at the cheats.

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

Completely agree !!! :P
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Keep it Simple wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I must have been watching the wrong sport, and the wrong team in that sport for over 50 years then. The fact that in football, some fans are quick to discard a struggling manager and replace him with someone they think will come up to their unrealistic expectations does not make it right. Thank goodness there are clubs like Exeter who have the moral courage to stick with a manager through difficult times.

I've only been going 40 years, so I bow to your extra knowledge Andy...but how do you know many of us have unrealistic expectations?
Maybe I have with only going 40 years and not knowing a lot, but my expectations aren't that high.
Giving entertainment out for my £30 or so that goes on a Saturday....that too much to ask? Or listening to a load of guff, about the opposition, or playing under strength sides in Cups, because we are playing for the League.

You have your opinion, I have mine, we'll see who is the more correct over time. If he pulls it round good for him and the club, and folk like me with unrealistic expectations.

More than happy to agree to disagree. But before I do the comment you make about Exeter proves my point. They have stuck with a manager even though they are anchored in League 2. Perhaps the fact that his management skills saved them when they were unable to sign players due to financial difficulties. Or maybe like us, their numbers through the gates,are insufficient to make them any better than a mid to lower league 2 side.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I must have been watching the wrong sport, and the wrong team in that sport for over 50 years then. The fact that in football, some fans are quick to discard a struggling manager and replace him with someone they think will come up to their unrealistic expectations does not make it right. Thank goodness there are clubs like Exeter who have the moral courage to stick with a manager through difficult times.

More than happy to agree to disagree. But before I do the comment you make about Exeter proves my point. They have stuck with a manager even though they are anchored in League 2. Perhaps the fact that his management skills saved them when they were unable to sign players due to financial difficulties. Or maybe like us, their numbers through the gates,are insufficient to make them any better than a mid to lower league 2 side.

The difference between stags n Exeter we have a better ground a chairman who knows the fan base in Mansfield is there on a regular basis if the club starts moving up the divisions. Only thing missing in the ingredients is a professional chef to mix the team together to play attractive football... we have an hot dog seller than a chef to be honest at this moment in time.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:52 pm

SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:

The difference between stags n Exeter we have a better ground a chairman who knows the fan base in Mansfield is there on a regular basis if the club starts moving up the divisions. Only thing missing in the ingredients is a professional chef to mix the team together to play attractive football... we have an hot dog seller than a chef to be honest at this moment in time.

Exeter play entertaining football. But their manager/chef has been given time to perfect the recipe.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:15 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
SINA STAG wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Keep it Simple wrote:

Exeter play entertaining football. But their manager/chef has been given time to perfect the recipe.

AndY if you think 2 years is not enough to perfect a recipe no wonder the offerings are stale n the fans have a bad taste in their mouths.
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Calstag » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:31 pm

Billy dearden said it takes 3, argue with him :)
Calstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 pm

Any chance you can stop quoting each other. It's a pain on the iPhone.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:41 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Any chance you can stop quoting each other. It's a pain on the iPhone.

Ok. I find the whole thing a pain to be honest.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:58 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Any chance you can stop quoting each other. It's a pain on the iPhone.

:lol: 8-) 8-)
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:04 pm

All this piss taking of Spirites is a bit sad. They are a league above us , double the crowds we get and a better stadium. I won't indulge in this until we can match them , Wihich we used to to a few years back!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:29 pm

daddycool wrote:

:lol: 8-) 8-)

I've a Samsung belly lol
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:11 am

Calstag wrote:Billy dearden said it takes 3, argue with him :)

That will do for me.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:40 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Calstag wrote:Billy dearden said it takes 3, argue with him :)

That will do for me.

I thought it might .........lets follow the Exeter model :lol:
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum