{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Let's Have A Thread About non-league Cheaterfurlough

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Let's Have A Thread About Chesterfield

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:53 am

You'll get your wish next season then
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby SidneyOttewell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:02 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The unadulterated hatred-driven bile that some people spew out regarding Chesterfield is neither appropriate, nor clever.

I am no fan of the Crooked Steeples, but find some of what is written by Stags fans to be embarrassing.

Mind you, some of the dreadful vocal output from the fellas who sit behind me in IGU is as bad, if not worse.

Spot on, Edders. I have friends and colleagues who support either Chesterfield, County or Forest but we all get on because I'd like to think we're normal, rational people. I still want us to beat them, though. Problem is that every club has 'fans' who literally hate their rivals' fans - we've definitely got our fair share.
SidneyOttewell
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Random Hero » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:03 pm

newboldsteve wrote:
hahaha I wish Mansfield no harm I like to see all local clubs in the same league nothing better than a good derby match and the more the merrier

The feeling is mutual.

That doesn't mean, however, that I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing you take a couple of seasons in the Conference. We had to endure it, why shouldn't you? 8-)
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Random Hero wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:
hahaha I wish Mansfield no harm I like to see all local clubs in the same league nothing better than a good derby match and the more the merrier

The feeling is mutual.

That doesn't mean, however, that I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing you take a couple of seasons in the Conference. We had to endure it, why shouldn't you? 8-)

It would do them the world of good. They love to boast about being in a higher division more than us in recent years and having higher gates, but a stint on the murky depths would soon put an end to all that, along with their superiority complex.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby chambta » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:52 pm

whipster221073 wrote:If any individual on here doesn't share the view that there would be no tears if Chesterfield were to go bust, may i kindly request Martin or one of the other MODS digs out one of the threads from the archives from the week we were relegated from the Football League.

The abuse and delight with which their fans came on this board and gloated will stay with me for a long long time.
I only feel sorry for the employees like the tea lady and the kit man.

The players will move on. The owner and directors will go back to their other businesses. The fans can get back to supporting their 'other' teams in Sheffiled.

And we can sit back knowing karma has struck again. ;)

Don't be stupid.
chambta
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:07 pm

Chambta, are you as upbeat as NewboldSteve, who reckons it'll just blow over?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:33 pm

newboldsteve wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:
adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

Going to the wall, absolutely not.

What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.

lol you are all very bitter and you do make me laugh do you no remember how you got out of the conference by being bankrolled by Radford he was paying in 100k a month to the tune of 5 million . but you forgot that bit didn't you anyway good luck with the rest of the season. just so you don't worry we will be fine
I don't know if that is an urban myth Steve. However, for the majority of teams to progress they need investment. Your club not so very long ago were on the verge of the Championship under Cook. A little more investment you would have made it. At the same time we were struggling to stay in the football league, mainly because of a reduced player budget. Our current manager some how kept us up. If you had gone up and we had been relegated there would have been three leagues between us. Even now that prospect makes me shudder. How times have changed.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby newboldsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:57 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:

The feeling is mutual.

It would do them the world of good. They love to boast about being in a higher division more than us in recent years and having higher gates, but a stint on the murky depths would soon put an end to all that, along with their superiority complex.

I'm not sure you get the whole derby thing
newboldsteve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby newboldsteve » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:13 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:
adamstag wrote:No doubt i'll kop a lot of critisism here, but wishing another club to go to the wall, (even it's Chesterfield) is poor form.

Would I love them to struggle, go down to the conference and fall on their arse - yes.

What if they had unpaid tax bills of millions - you know, the same kind of tax that we all scream out for the banks, Google, Amazon and Facebook to pay? What if they failed to pay their players and backroom staff and started rattling buckets outside field mill on a match day?

I agree with not WANTING them to go under, that's why I said it earlier. I don't WANT them to go under, but like a previous poster said, clubs need to play by the rules, not only of football, but also the overarching laws of the land. Iknow it hasnt necessarily got to that yet, but Rushden and Diamonds went under for about £250k.

I do wish that HMRC would clamp down on football clubs being run so frivolously. Their business model stinks - it just relies on the sale of assets each season. Eventually the assets will run out, they'll get relegated, they'll sell the ground and become tenants, supporters will vote with their feet, debt will spiral and HMRC will follow. We saw it play out this way at Mansfield, only we had a crook in charge, who wanted to rinse us. Over there, they have been architects of their own demise.

If I eventually change my mind about them going tits up, it wont be because they are the Spireites, but because their owners/board have created a business that simply doesn't work. And this is grossly unfair on clubs such as ourselves who trying so valiantly to run on a sustainable balance sheet.

lol you are all very bitter and you do make me laugh do you no remember how you got out of the conference by being bankrolled by Radford he was paying in 100k a month to the tune of 5 million . but you forgot that bit didn't you anyway good luck with the rest of the season. just so you don't worry we will be fine
I don't know if that is an urban myth Steve. However, for the majority of teams to progress they need investment. Your club not so very long ago were on the verge of the Championship under Cook. A little more investment you would have made it. At the same time we were struggling to stay in the football league, mainly because of a reduced player budget. Our current manager some how kept us up. If you had gone up and we had been relegated there would have been three leagues between us. Even now that prospect makes me shudder. How times have changed.

I dont have problem with investing in clubs but when one of your fans is moaning about town doing it less than 4 years after Radford got you out of the conference doing it I felt the need to put him straight not you normal fans or the club . and in all honesty if we manage to stay up I hope you get promotion along with Doncaster and notts county
newboldsteve
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:01 pm

newboldsteve wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:

I dont have problem with investing in clubs but when one of your fans is moaning about town doing it less than 4 years after Radford got you out of the conference doing it I felt the need to put him straight not you normal fans or the club . and in all honesty if we manage to stay up I hope you get promotion along with Doncaster and notts county
Thanks for that. I think Donny will go up,not sure about us and County. As for John Radford, we owe him a lot. I dread to think what would have happened if he had not come along. Probably be where Darlington and Halifax are now.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:41 pm

thomasz wrote:The latest news on Sheepgate :lol:

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-8199659

Reading that's makes me feel warm inside.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:31 pm

Writing on the Derbyshire Times facebook, Jim Lowe said: “We’re looking like we could be the next league club to face a quick fall into non-league if we carry on like this. No money, no assets to sell, dwindling fans. The unholy trinity.”

Read more at: http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/sport/ ... -1-8199659
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Random Hero wrote: That doesn't mean, however, that I wouldn't take pleasure in seeing you take a couple of seasons in the Conference

You are a very forgiving and kind man Random. It would be a minimum jail sentence of five years for me :lol: ("Coxy's gonna get ya!!")

I was very disappointed when Brizzle Rovers and Cheltenham made a quick return.

P.S. Seriously....I hope the Chesterfield fans are kept fully informed of what is happening off the pitch. They need to cut their cloth accordingly. If that means dropping down to League 2 and just surviving for a few seasons to start to get their finances in order then so be it.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Ran by a bloke who screwed the club he claims to support (Wens-deh) and they're acting suprised that he may be doing the same to them?

I did say this would happen a long time ago in all fairness.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:34 am

I hope the fans chanting "one Keith Haslam" appreciate the irony and sheer karma of it all.

Personally I can't stop "lol ing"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:16 am

newboldsteve wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
Random Hero wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:

The feeling is mutual.

I'm not sure you get the whole derby thing

What, you actually support Derby?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:20 am

Beano wrote:I hope the fans chanting "one Keith Haslam" appreciate the irony and sheer karma of it all.

Personally I can't stop "lol ing"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Part of me almost wants us not to go up so we can sing it back to them next season while we pass them on their downward slide.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:39 am

:lol: :lol: i bet they wished they never got rid of dean saunders :lol: :lol: he was funny once :lol:great story :lol:
:mtfc: :coys: :mtfc:
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:44 pm

Just got beat at relegation rival Coventry. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:55 pm

I think we can do a bit better than that...

:D :D :D
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:59 pm

Also a big Spireites following of... 217! I think the sheep are finally loosing faith.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:13 pm

They've now lost 7 out of 8. Can't see them pulling themselves out of it this time.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 pm

ParisStag wrote:They've now lost 7 out of 8. Can't see them pulling themselves out of it this time.

I'm all upset, no really I am honest.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:31 pm

HU7stag wrote:Also a big Spireites following of... 217! I think the sheep are finally loosing faith.

That is shocking support.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Keep it Simple » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:36 am

newboldsteve wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
newboldsteve wrote:

Oh come on!?

Somehow kept us up?
His record was ordinary at best, Tranmere were woeful, and our form was similar right to the death. Only that night against them finally put a nail in Rovers coffin.
The fact you will never hear a word said against Murray makes me think you could be related.
We are going NOWHERE, and I have given him the benefit of the doubt, but not any more. If I had failed to improve my sales figures, I would be gone long before the time he has had.
The threat to walk away.......smoke and mirrors, for a start where would he get a job at?

I would stop worrying about Chesterfield, let's be honest, interest would wane still further without our natural rivals. We need all the interest we can get , with the position we are in.
Keep it Simple
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum