{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags' Strikers

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Sincil Bank Rehabilitation Centre for Former Stags

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:33 am

The One wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Dan wrote:A few years ago I would've agreed with the comparison between Mansfield & Chesterfield but if you've been recently you'll know the gap has closed a lot. There's loads of boarded up shops in Chesterfield town centre now, hardly any in our town centre. Also I went into Mansfield the other day for the first time in years and I was really impressed. They've tidied it up really well, I didn't see any shop that wasn't being used and they've spent lots on flowers around the marketplace and library and it looks really nice. People just like to have a pop at Mansfield all the time, does my head in. Perhaps local people should support their local town more rather than pissing off to Murderhell etc :twisted:

Dan - could you please direct me to the shop in Mansfield where you buy your rose-tinted glasses? ;)

Near the closed down pub in Edwinstowe :D

Got it! :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bristolstag » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Watching the game on telly. A number of ex-stags on display. Rhead (scored a penalty early on), Arnold, waterfall, Verma and Beevers.
Bristolstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Old timer » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:56 pm

Rheady winning everything in the air. Exciting game

Commentator just said Mansfield have got a chance to put it into the penalty area when he was talking about Arnold putting in a free kick so hes obviously confused by the number of our ex players playing for Lincoln !
Last edited by Old timer on Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:06 pm

Old timer wrote:Commentator just said Mansfield have got a chance to put it into the penalty area when he was talking about Arnold putting in a free kick so hes obviously confused by the number of our ex players playing for Lincoln !

I noticed that as well :lol:

Great winner by Rheady after a good cross by Terry Hawkridge.

Four wins on the trot now for The Imps
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Goals for Nathan Arnold and Matt Rhead last night for Lincoln City against Boreham Wood.

A great bit of skill by Rheady.

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Goals for Nathan Arnold and Matt Rhead last night for Lincoln City against Boreham Wood.

A great bit of skill by Rheady.

Would welcome him back
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:38 pm

Went to watch Lincoln on Saturday (I hate Luton). Was exceptionally unimpressed with all our former players except Waterfall who remains plenty good enough for league football. Rhead was very poor and was subbed, Arnold did his usual invisible man impression (and was brilliant at it), Beevers gave his limited best and all in all it was the most average game of football I've seen since we were in the Conference. If we played Lincoln ten times, I expect we would beat them 7 times, even with our rather negative manager.

Their "family ticket" which me and my youngest bought was £20 - £2 dearer than at MTFC. So there!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:38 pm

I think Green would n all.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:40 pm

Get well soon to Captain Scarlet/Mr Indestructible Lee Beevers as he had to be carried off last night with a dislocated knee. He could be out of action for a while.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/linco ... story.html
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:32 am

Aye, best wishes to the lad.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 am

Rob wrote:If we played Lincoln ten times, I expect we would beat them 7 times, even with our rather negative manager.

I'm not sure about that Rob. Lincoln City have a much stronger squad this season including 4 players in the England C set up. I think Danny Cowley is a good young manager. He reminds me a bit of Nigel Adkins as he always seems to be very positive.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:32 am

Looks like the Boreham Wood fans were giving Rheady some about his size judging by his goal celebration :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:42 am

It might also be that Mansfield is viewed as Satan's excretion exhaust pipe by business investors, so has never really recovered since it had its heart ripped out? Lincoln, despite its size, is the nerve center for the county.

That said, there is an underlying feeling at Mansfield that a society can survive on pound shops, out of date jaffa cakes, and the odd bit of income from appearing on X-Factor or Jeremy Kyle :(
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:55 am

Dan wrote:Looks like the Boreham Wood fans were giving Rheady some about his size judging by his goal celebration :lol: :lol:

I can remember him doing the same at Hartlepool after he had headed home the winner. I think he's used to it as he gets it every game :lol:

Jon Parkin was also getting stick at Hartlepool this season before chesting one down and volleying it in the back of the net.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Rob wrote:If we played Lincoln ten times, I expect we would beat them 7 times, even with our rather negative manager.

I'm not sure about that Rob. Lincoln City have a much stronger squad this season including 4 players in the England C set up. I think Danny Cowley is a good young manager. He reminds me a bit of Nigel Adkins as he always seems to be very positive.

How many of their players would start for us Darren? Waterfall is probably their best player but would not get in ahead of our centre backs. Rhead is at his level IMO, like the rest. If promoted they will need a lot of new blood to compete in L2.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:58 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Get well soon to Captain Scarlet/Mr Indestructible Lee Beevers as he had to be carried off last night with a dislocated knee. He could be out of action for a while.

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/linco ... story.html
Knee? It used to be his shoulder. I wish him well, always gave his best for us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:47 am

Rob wrote:How many of their players would start for us Darren?

There is not much difference between the bottom half of League 2 and the top half of the National League Premier as we know Rob.

I'd take the young lad on loan from Peterborough, Harry Anderson, straight away. He's only 19 and a very exciting wide player. Sean Raggett (centre half) (22) and Alex Woodyard (midfield) (23) seem to be the two players who the Lincoln City fans have rated this season. They are the right age and in the England C squad and so will probably be looking to step up into League 2 at some stage in their careers.

I'd always have Rheady as a Plan B on the bench but Rheady is better off playing in the National League where he will start on a regular basis.

I'd be prepared to give Nathan Arnold a chance as well. He's playing better than some of our players at the moment. Bradley Wood always seems to give 100% and is a battler.

However if we are looking to win promotion then we need players who would be comfortable in League 1.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:03 am

Great goal by Rheady!!
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stoney » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:44 pm

Has the away end been changed at Lincoln?
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

It would be an interest challenge -

Stags v Stags Old Boys (LCFC)

Who'd win?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Stoney wrote:Has the away end been changed at Lincoln?

Well I suppose that depends as they have used behind the goal and part of the new stand at different times. I have sat/stood in both stands when there with the Stags - on Sat we sat in the Grandstand (which was a mistake as it has pillars ruining your view). I don't think behind the goal seats enough for us now, but in the past we used to stand in there. If we played Lincoln, I suspect they would again section off the big stand opposite the "Grandstand", but in the Conference, as we saw, away support is generally low - Eastleigh, who were 6th, brought about 70.

Darren, I don't think any of those players you mention are currently better than what we have, though of course they might be in the future. From what I saw, I would be surprised if Lincoln are promoted this season.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:59 pm

They might not be promoted Rob but I think they could finish in the top seven this season which would be a great improvement on the last five seasons. I would not be confident of beating them at Sincil Bank if we had to play them in the FA Cup. If you offered me above 5/2 or more for a Lincoln win then I would be very tempted to have a little flutter. However I do not like to bet against the Stags.

I would swap a few of the Lincoln players for CJ Hamilton, James Baxendale and Jamie McGuire.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:42 pm

Rheady had another good day yesterday scoring two and setting up another three goals.

'Phenomenal and unplayable' Matt Rhead enjoys day to remember for Lincoln City

http://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/pheno ... HBErsFP.99
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:45 am

Another goal and assist for Rheady with a few little pirouettes in front of the Maidstone fans to wind them up

Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:40 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
Rob wrote:How many of their players would start for us Darren?

There is not much difference between the bottom half of League 2 and the top half of the National League Premier as we know Rob.

I'd take the young lad on loan from Peterborough, Harry Anderson, straight away. He's only 19 and a very exciting wide player. Sean Raggett (centre half) (22) and Alex Woodyard (midfield) (23) seem to be the two players who the Lincoln City fans have rated this season. They are the right age and in the England C squad and so will probably be looking to step up into League 2 at some stage in their careers.

I'd always have Rheady as a Plan B on the bench but Rheady is better off playing in the National League where he will start on a regular basis.

I'd be prepared to give Nathan Arnold a chance as well. He's playing better than some of our players at the moment. Bradley Wood always seems to give 100% and is a battler.

However if we are looking to win promotion then we need players who would be comfortable in League 1.

To put things into perspective didn't Meikle also make the England C squad while at the stags ..
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum